Brookdale High Point - High Point, NC

Brookdale High Point - High Point, NC has yet not published prices.

Not the right fit

We toured the Brookdale High Point. It was a very nice tour and the staff was very friendly when they showed us around their community. It was clean and well-kept. But it did not have the right atmosphere for my mom.

Not the right fit

Brookdale High Point did not give me the homey feeling I was looking for in a community for my mother in law. It was not as well-kept as other communities I had seen. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We chose another community for our current needs.

Nice Tour

I had a pleasant tour of this community. Everything looked nice.

Peace of Mind

My friend has been there for a month and so far, I have seen nothing that causes me any alarm or concern. Staff is very friendly, Activities lady is exceptional at what she does. They show concern for their residents and make guests feel welcomed. The dietary manager genuinely cares about the quality of meals and is active in giving residents choices. He works hard at it shows. The staff who serve the residents at meal times have also impressed me. Very relaxed, not pushy or trying to rush residents in their decisions on what they want to eat. I work at a skilled nursing facility so I know what to expect and what to look for in quality of care. I've sat back and watched activities, dietary, nursing, housekeeping and I have no issues at all at this time. I don't expect to have any either. I have trust in the staff and that gives me peace of mind.

Thankful

Brookdale has been very helpful to me with caring for my father and has taken the burden of worrying about him with his falling and being in the house by himself

Simply disappointed

During the tour everyone seemed to be wearing their smiles and seemed so friendly and the day of move in we shared the same happy experience, felt good about this move. However after that point it seems that the positive happy spirit is just not there anymore! I feel as if it was all for show just, to get us in. They lose things immediately when they wash or move someone! Everyone seems to be so unorganized, not trained. They are definitely lacking in the communication department from the top down. Ask someone something, NO ONE I MEAN NO ONE KNOWS! But they will make up something eventually. Apparently new person in office signing people up. Not knowledgeable at all. Did not follow through with paper work. Did not understand the paper work she was having us sign herself. Never completed half of things she said she would do. Getting bills left and right. Pharmacy fee is not being taken out of resident account?! Why is it so hard to pay the hair dresser every week when she is there it seems simply impossible. But, I can't contact the hair dresser myself because no one knows her name or phone number? My last visit the residents were all just laying around everywhere where you walk in most in wheel chairs, some horrible smell of feces, looking liking their health is just declining everyday that they are there... So sad. The few times that I went and saw the activity director she always has a positive attitude and the cook Chris. But the best thing about High Point Manor is Jenna Whitsell the marketing director. She always has a smile, she shows kindness, caring and always ask me how things are going and keeps me informed. :)

The main problem is that there is no coordination of benefits.

The main problem is that there is no coordination of benefits. We have very good insurance, we can go in and out of network. They don't even look at our benefits, when it comes to medication. They will give him one that charges a co-pay even when you can get the generic form free on our insurance. They don't even call me when there was a need to go to the hospital. They want to use an ambulance to send them to the hospital without even seeing if a family member could take them, when it wasn't even an emergency. They don't pay the bill so they don't even look to see if there is a best way to do things. They don't have an itemized list of what the charges are for. When you go in there it is like the night of the living dead, they have the lowest morale I have ever seen in my life, and they are just waiting to die. It is just macabre. They don't know who is on first base half the time. I would not recommend it for anybody. At first they told us they were going to take him around and to the movies and that they had transportation. The first visit was really positive and the people we met with that kind of sold us on the whole place either left or got fired. The day we came to move in they added on about 1500 hundred dollar assessment fee.

Liked this one; will take Mother to t...

Liked this one; will take Mother to tour it to get her approval.

Brookdale High Point is an exceptional assisted living community in High Point, North Carolina. Recognized as one the premiere assisted living communities in the region, Brookdale High Point enjoys a convenient location in the thriving city of High Point, North Carolina. High Point is home to three universities and well known as being a cultural and economic hub for its strong presence in the furniture industry. High Point is a great place for residents of all ages to call home.

At Brookdale High Point, we offer exceptional senior care services for residents needing assistance with activities of daily living. Our intimate community is specifically designed to cater to our residents, offering private apartment homes and cozy common areas that encourage community engagement and involvement.

Our community is vibrant and fun, with a staff dedicated to caring for our residents. Our luxurious amenities and premiere services include:

Personalized care plans, regularly reviewed for accuracy
Housekeeping, laundry and linen services
A choice of private apartments or companion suites with private baths and spacious closets
Pet-friendly senior living
Secured and alarmed exterior doors for the safety of residents
Outdoor courtyard with gardening area