North Pointe of Archdale - Archdale, NC

Reasonable assisted living with such a caring staff.

We checked my 97 year old mother in-law out of a rehab to NP of Archdale in an independent suite four months ago and we have been very satisfied with the care she gets. With being in one of the independent suites she has a home care CNA on duty for 1st and 2nd shift, five days a week. When they aren't there they use the workers from NP to fill in for them if she has any needs. They help her with bathing, they do her cleaning, washing and folding of her clothes, placing them in her drawers for her, even sit on the nice front porch with her if she wants that. They see that she gets to her meals on time in the kitchen three times day. They will help with anything she needs. She goes out on some of the little trips they take in the NP van. They get her to whatever doctors she needs to see. The residents there are very nice to her. She likes most of the food, but she does have to be picky about what she eats with a history of ulcers. They seem to have good cooks there. She gets involved in some of their activities.
Both of her children live out of state and they have been so wonderful about answering any questions for us when we call them. She seems to be happy there and really brags on the staff and how nice they all are to her. I recommend NP to anyone looking for a nice caring assisted place to put their loved ones in.

Quality care, great value and convenient location.
Care is good and community offers assisted living and memory care support.
The building is clean and surroundings comfortable.

A welcome would have been nice

We had scheduled an appointment to tour North Pointe. When we got there the lady that was supposed to give us our tour was talking with someone else. She never acknowledged us.Finally a nurse came by and gave us a tour.She was very friendly and answered our questions. It was a nice community but it was unwelcoming that the person we scheduled the tour with didn't even acknowledge us.

We loved it!

I really liked north Pointe of Archdale. We had a very good tour of this community, in fact, my mother is on the waiting list to move in. The staff is very friendly and welcoming, and the community is clean.

Took A Tour!!

I took a very brief and quick tour of the North Pointe of Archdale. The staff that i would see along my way were nice . The person that took me on tour was knowledgeable and answered my questions. The tour guide let me know what activities and meal plans they had available. Overall, i thought it was nice clean place.

Review of North Pointe of Archdale - Archdale, NC

Friendly staff clean facility and happy residents. I was hoping for an outdoor space and a more cozy home-like feel to the resident rooms and the communal space.

haven't had any problems

Mom seems very happy at North Pointe of Archdale. Everything has gone just fine at this facility. We haven't had any problems to speak of. The staff have been really good to us here and treated us really well. Overall I have been well pleased with everything.

Mom's assisted living

This facility has been everything that we had hoped for. The staff is friendly and helpful. North Pointe is very close to where my Mom lived so it is convenient for family and friends to come visit. Mom seems to be quite comfortable at this facility.

Helpless in Alamance to Hopeful in Archdale

My husband and I hired a lawyer soon after his mother passed away to assist us with decisions regarding her husband (my husbands step-father) who was diagnosed with dementia in 2013 and with her passing had to come live with us. After 6 months and his condition worsening he was admitted into a memory care unit and the lawyer applied for medicaid. 10 months later we received a denial of benefits, a letter from the home stating he was going to be released and we had to come get him. Completely deflated by the system, the lawyer and the inability to properly care for someone in his condition I went online and located "A Place for Mom". Within an hour we had a new beginning. A Place for Mom directed us to several local retirement homes that catered to our need and was resonably priced however NorthPointe made it a point to come to us and all within a 24 hour period. We were also directed to a group that will help us with his Vetrans Benefits. I felt that we were given a second and better chance to care for our loved one. I cannot begin to explain the peace we felt for the situation and the gratitude for the lady that called that day, she continues to follow up and encourage us through. We feel that our loved one is in a much better place. Thank you!

My mother is a resident of this facility and from what I have seen and learned from talking to employees past and present there are a lot of internal problem, one being the turnover rate of employees. The employees don't stay there long enough to get to know the residents so they individual needs are taken care of, so the residents suffer as a result. The employees I talked to said there was management problems and that they were short staffed and so when issues would arise that needed to be taken care of it was ignored because they couldn't afford to loose any more employees. The owners of the facility either don't care or are not aware of the situation. The turnover rate should send up a flag, it seems there is a new employee ever other day. These helpless people who pay what little money they have to this facility deserve better care than what they are receiving especially with day to day hygiene.

Poor Management

My mother has been at this facility for going on a year and I have to say it appears to be better than the last one she was in however when they say assistant living, here they expect for you to defend for yourself. We have to stay on them constantly to get them to, basically do their job, such as bathing and daily hygiene. My mother's care is lacking and we along with an outside nurse has brought this to their attention without any improvements. From what I have learned form the staff, management is lacking and the facility is having a hard time keeping employees, a lot of turnover, so a lot of things that should be addressed is swept under the rug. I feel for what this facility charges they could do a better job taking care of the elderly that we trust in their care. Beware looks are deceiving.

Very nice looking place!

We toured two North Pointe communities when we were looking into care options for a loved one, and we were very impressed with the quality of both! This is a great looking, clean community, and it just has a pleasant atmosphere overall. From the moment you walk in you just get a warm and safe feeling. The staff were friendly, open, and welcoming, and we could tell they take great care of their residents.

North Pointe of Archdale offers assisted living and respite care in Randolph County, the heart of North Carolina. Located in the scenic triad, convenient to Greensboro and the Sandhills area, North Pointe of Archdale is convenient to Interstate 85. North Pointe of Archdale specializes in providing care to people with enhanced personal care and medical needs. Local medical centers include Randolph Hospital in Asheboro, High Point Regional Hospital as well as Moses Cone Health Systems in Greensboro.

Shopping, dining and cultural events surround North Pointe of Archdale with convenient access to all that southern Randolph County, Davidson County and Guilford County have to offer.

North Pointe of Archdale is operated by Victorian Senior Care, the state's largest family owned assisted living provider, with well over 50 years experience in providing care for people.

We invite you to visit us to see what makes us a special place to call home.