Brighton Gardens of Greensboro - Greensboro, NC

Staff friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. Facilities well maintained, clean, and bright. Residents observed were active and engaged.

Older facility, small rooms, low curb appeal.

expensive, and layout was odd... too far to walk for my mother. I preferred [Removed] Memory Care on Skeet Club layout.

Great staff. Very well informed about long term care needs. OK location for us. Rooms smaller than my family member is used too.
All required services are available

My mom's transition has been good

My mom is doing well here, the staff have been great in encouraging my mom to take part in the activities and she has even gone on a few of the field trips they offered. Mom enjoys the food for the most part but would like to see some changes in the main course like spaghetti or lasagna. I would definitely recommend this community and the staff who do show they care about their residents here.

Professional

Mom is doing very well since moving back into this community. She has made some friends and the community is well taken care of. She is able to get physical therapy and to see the doctor that comes into the community. They do offer daily activities. The staff are excellent and they are responsive to her. I would recommend this community.

Comfort for Dad!

The experience for my father has been mostly very good. The staff are nice and very helpful, and they address me by my name when I come in. The food is very good for my father as well. My main concern, however, is the fact that there were hidden costs that I would have liked to know before moving my father in. If these were communicated to me beforehand, I would not have had a problem with them.

Friendly Staff!!

I had spoke to a gentleman at this community about possibly moving my mother into this community and he was very polite to work with. He was polite with his words and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. It basically came down to our budget and what we could afford every month for mom. We ended up choosing a different facility but I have no complaints about my experience with this place.

Work In Progress Overall

It has been a work in progress for us at this community. My family member is doing well now, but it was a ruff start in beginning. We had many issues at first. When we first arrived to move our parent into this community, no one gave us any kind of orientation. They made many promises that they did not follow through with. Medicine was incorrect, and my parent had no information on the many activities offered. Things have now improved a bit. There is new staff now, and they have been helpful, and kind. They have a new activities director, and are working hard to improve things. Hopefully everything continues to go in a positive direction for us at this community.

Mom has bonded with a few of the caregivers.

The housekeeping staff work hard to keep this community clean. We have had a few bumps in the road and mom is having a hard time adjusting due to this. They did resolve the issue with moms diet. The residents say they love the community and the family members I have talked to say if you know who to talk to things can be worked out. If your loved one has a high level of care make sure to ask plenty of questions and let the community know upfront.

A Nice Place for a Different Family

for my tour I was given an in depth viewing and I thought the sales person was very good. It was not what I was hoping for and I was not getting that feeling like this was the one.

A Beautiful Community In And Out.

I truly love this community, it has beautiful outdoor landscape. The inside of community is always cleaned daily and provide hourly activities. My mom enjoys her bible study, excessive class, and poetry reading. The food here is amazing, with variety appetizers, entrees, and desserts. The staff are involved, very professional, and transport my mom to her doctor's appointments. I would recommend this community for their constant care and safe environment.

Mom Is Doing Well

My mother is doing well here at Brighton Gardens. This is a really nice community and we are very pleased. The staff is pretty good, I've some issues with a few. Overall our experience has been a good one and my mother is doing well.

Definitely Recommend

They have great personnel. It is clean and neat and nice. I would say they are very friendly and they make you feel welcomed and they want you to be there. The dining experience is excellence. I didn't see anything negative, I would definitely would recommend them.

paying a lot

I like Brighton Gardens of Greensboro. We are paying a lot though. Mom went to the hospital for 2 weeks. The hospital were trying to explain to the staff at the facility on how to treat her with oxygen. They wouldn't even come down and acted like they didn't even care.

Everyone is very nice and friendly

I like the friendliness of the staff at Brighton Gardens of Greensboro. Everyone is very nice and friendly. The communication could be improved and just setting expectations. I think that will come with meetings we will have with them and just getting adjusted. Overall I think we made the right decision.

very positive experience

my mother was living at home with us prior to going to Brighton Gardens. She did not get much exercise or interaction with other people. That has completely changed. She gets more exercise now, and is a part of the community. The staff members have been very friendly and have really connected with her. It has really been just a very positive experience.

A Nice Place

The Brighton Gardens of Greensboro is a nice place. The Brighton Gardens of Greensboro is a nice community. The staff and residents are very friendly. The offer a variety of activities. It is a clean facility.

really good

They do a really good job with the food. My sister, who is sort of particular, is really enjoying dinner and actually gets up and goes to breakfast at 7:00 am. I really like the concept of Brighton Gardens of Greensboro in that they don't move you from one wing to another based on the level you are at. They bring the service to you wherever you are so you are not having to move around if your needs change.

Current Resident

As a 2 year resident, I would like to report that I feel the love! The love here is not superficial. It is consistent and enduring. I am so glad to be here under the excellent care provided by the Executive Director and competent staff. It is a frightening experience to leave your home but this had turned out to be one of the happiest experiences of my life.

Nice place overall

They just do a great job overall at Brighton Gardens of Greensboro! Everything they provide is high quality, and I've give them top marks across the board. My loved one can be difficult to deal with, but they handle everything she needs without any issues. They even do a good job with the food, Mom has had good things to say about it!

Compassionate Care

We had to place my mother-in-law in an assisted care facility when she became too difficult to keep at home. Her dementia was increasing and she needed more care then we could provide. I cannot say enough good things about Brighton Gardens and how they have treated her. The physical facility is very attractive, clean, and well maintained. The staff, especially Renee, have treated her with the dignity and respect she deserves. For a period of time her health declined and she became non-verbal. With their care and encouragement, her health has improved and she is beginning to talk and smile again. We live locally and come by several times a week so we have a good chance to see how the caregivers treat her. I am very impressed with the genuine concern and compassion shown by all the staff. I am thankful for the wonderful job they are doing.

Proper care

It gives the proper care that you want your loved one to have – you can feel confident that your loved one will get proper care at Brighton Gardens. They’re fives almost overall. The staff is friendly and the community is clean.

Poor Care at a High Price

It's a phenomenal facility with an outstanding system and a lot to offer but there are some things that I really had problems with. We were charged $1000 move in fee but when my mom moved in the room was not painted or cleaned like it was supposed to be. So I'm wondering what that $1000 was actually for. During the period of time that she was there I had to ask repeatedly for things like the trash and the bathroom cleaned up. They were not changing her linens because she made her bed up so they just passed her by.

Once I was looking for some assistance for her and there was one girl in the hall when there are supposed to be three at all times. It took me 45 minutes to locate the girl that was supposed to be the med tech and we never found the other one.

With everything that I experienced there I would be very reluctant to take mom back. The activities and the food and everything they offer was outstanding but I was very disappointment in the quality of care and the price the charged for it.

As far as my wife and I were concerne...

As far as my wife and I were concerned, we considered Brighton Gardens and Spring Arbor equal; my mom and dad ultimately made the decision. We had visited them and reviewed a number of places in the area and this was one of the two we showed them. It was very postiive, maybe even a tad more positive than Spring Arbor and I personally attribute that to the fact that they had been around longer and had a more stable staff.

super nice, meal times would present ...

super nice, meal times would present a problem if she attended church on Sunday. This one is out of the running due to costs.

Very nice place, was really fond of t...

Very nice place, was really fond of the way meals are done. I believe my Aunt and Uncle would love this place. Very clean and very nice staff.

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.