Rosecastle of Citrus - Lecanto, FL

Going down hill.

Wow. Don't know where some of these reviews came from. Rose castle was fine up untill about 8 months ago. Staff changes a lot, very un-friendly and poor care. Wish I could show you my pictures but can't tip my hand now. For those who wrote a good review, if you are real, you need to spend some more time there. Open your eyes.

Think Again

My mother is here and fell the other night. Pressing her button numerous times for help no one came. Her roommate finally went to find someone to help. They have cut staff and the ones that are left have no idea what they are doing and do not answer the phone. Also the food is awful. Please think carefully before placing your loved one here. We are looking for a new place for mom..

This facility felt more like a nursing home than a home to us. The people were nice and the residents in the halls seemed to be happy enough, but it was not what we were looking for. We don’t need the intensive care options offered st this facility yet.

Cleanliness Needs Improvement

This was not the right community for us. It is an older building and wasn't as well maintained as the others we saw. People seemed very happy there but it just didn't what we were looking for. One thing to note is that when I expressed concern that our loved one would find the transition difficult, they said they would move her into memory care until she was no longer a flight risk. I'm sure they were just concerned about her safety and well-being. I just think that would delay her making friends and make her feel out of place so we passed on Rosecastle.

Nice Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I was not very impressed with the smell throughout the building. I thought the staff where kind and made sure to provide my mother and I with lots of great information that we needed. I just could not get past the odor that was in the building and would not my mother living in that smell.

New Community!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far we are very happy with how things are going for her. The facility is brand new and I like that there is a fresh smell throughout the building. My mom has been enjoying some of the activities they offer as well as the dinning experience with the other residents. Overall everything has been great for her and I would recommend it to anyone.

Kind Staff!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my dad at this community and I thought the staff did a great job throughout our visit. They where on time to our appointment and had a lot of great information to provide us about there facility. I did not feel pressured or rushed and I appreciate that. The property was clean and had lot of great amenities available. It was just not the right fit in the end decision.

The residents are loving and amazing.

They offer good food and they are accommodating. My only concern is that sometimes mom is wearing other residents clothes. The community is clean and they do offer activities in the morning. The staff are pleasant, helpful and we have good communication with them. A preacher and his wife come in on Sunday for church. This is a bright community with a lot of large windows. They have a new management company and we hope that any changes they make will be for the better.

Happy environment!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where helpful and on time to our appointment. They made sure to answer any questions we had for them as well as provided us with lots of great information. The facility was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available it was just not the right fit in the end decision.

The place was a turn-off, beginning with a big sign on the highway that says "alzheimer's."

The regular ALF units I saw were cramped, and the whole place had a disagreeable chemical smell. The memory care unit looked like something from a bad movie. The place has fallen a long way from when I almost placed my mother there 20 years ago.

Not Bad, Just Didn't Connect With Staff

When I went to see this community for a tour I felt they did not meet up to our current community. The tour went well and nothing bad happened. The price was not a fit and we thought the staff were different than what we expected.

Excellent place.For me a little expensive since Im almost Independent

I love it here.A wonderful place were people are friendly,
everyone seems happy.The staff caring,they make feel welcome.The food good.The business staff cooperative and
care and always available.No complain.Thanks everyone.

Rosecastle was a godsend for us!!!!

When mom had to move from her previous community Rosecastle was there for us. The entire staff have been there for my mom and the family. They treat her very professionally, work with her and they are well trained. I cannot speak to the food but mom says it is fine. The community is clean and I would recommend it. They offer a lot of activities however she does not yet participate in any.

A good experience

I haven't had any issues that hadn't been taken care of right away. Everything has been going well. The facility is clean. The staff has been great. They are very friendly and helpful. They seem to be very accommodating. I don't have anything to compare the value with but I would say it's a pretty good value. The care services here are excellent. The activities are excellent as well. The Rosecastle of Citrus is a nice place.

A Place for Mom and Rosecastler

We had a great experience with A Place for Mom and with our final selection, Rosecastle of Citrus. The site visits were well coordinated and provided a range of accommodations allowing us to make an informed decision. Rosecastle is a fine facility and provides a home like atmosphere for the residents.