Brentwood Retirement Community - Lecanto, FL

We loved the location — pretty drive in low traffic near town and nestled in a residential community. People were friendly and helpful. Apartments were spacious and comfortable. Residents were out in main areas participating in activities. Each apartment had its own enclosed porch. The facility is not upscale but is comfortable and feels safe and welcoming.

A good tour

The staff we met during our tour of this community were nice. The community is older, however it did look clean. I was not impressed with the dining room as it felt small. I think this community may need some updating. I would recommend taking a look at it to see if it would work for your loved one.

All is well!

This experience has been very, very nice. My uncle is super pleased and happy about this community. They keep his room clean and the community. They offer a lot of things to do for the residents which we like. Everything has gone great so far!

Very nice. I was surprised and pleased with what all I saw.

A nice and calming environment but with enough scheduled activities to keep a person socially active. Small enough for any needed personal attention. Easy to find your way around. Was impressed with the director and her vision for the place.

Ironing out some problems

We are still ironing out a lot of things the first month and a half has been rocky. I found a lot of mistakes that they have made with medications this month. They outsource and did not have the right information, so this has created a problem.

Brentwood ALF review

Generally a good alternative to nursing home. Meals are resturaunt style and are usually good, the facility has a large common area for residents so they do not have to stay in their rooms, and the staff is usually caring and responsive.

Good experience at Brentwood Retirement Comm.

My sister and I were very happy with the accomodations, care, and activities for my Dad. He is happy and that's what matters. He can be as independent as he can and at the same time have someone to look out for him. On the whole, we are very satified.

Nice facility, but need som...

Nice facility, but need something more secure for alz patient

They are really reasonable and have been very easy to work with.

So far it's pretty good. They are really reasonable and have been very easy to work with. They use Vangarrd pharmacy, it can take a while for the medication to come through and they don't organize that well. Crystal Petrucci, the marketing director does a really nice job. The food is probably about medium, not terrible, not great.

It's a nice community and all and she's pretty happy there now, she's made the adjustment. It's a nice place and the people are really good there. It's very clean there. Compared to everything else we looked at I would say it's a good value. Whenever she has a problem or question they are always right there to help. They are working toward more activities. My mother is very independent and they are geared more toward people in walkers and wheelchairs. They don't have a lot of activities outside of there, they only have one van, they used to have three, they will run you around, but just to the grocery store or the department store that's it. They do have people come in but nothing really to get out, no tours or trips to restaraunts. The food has been very good but the restaraunt has switched hands and the quality has gone down a little bit. Location was big factor in choosing a community. Its very nice, it's a clean place, it's gated at night. It's a nice atmosphere really. She's very happy over there. Overall the place is really nice and my mother has made the adjustment. Everything is included in the rent price cable, phone, everything, coffee and donuts in the morning for everyone, even the lunch meal and they have a lot of selections at lunch like 3-4 choices.

Good Care

The care is good. They are doing a good job. Both of my parents are there, but my mom is in assisted living and my dad is in rehab. The rehab is real good; I like the care that they provide. The food is very good.