Mom Liked the Apartment Style

After the tour of the community my mom was set on becoming a resident. She liked that a window is in her room so she use a bird feeder and the size of closet was perfect to her. The staff are good with all they oversee and the community is clean. Since I am not there often, the staff give a couple updates. She is comfortable and that is what is important to us. . I would recommend them to my family and friends.

Super friendly, informative, and clean.

I like the professional way they do everything

I like a lot about Mountain Ridge. I like the professional way they do everything. I appreciate the kindness. I have had a couple of issues and have taken it to them. They explain why it happens and I appreciate that. Their staff is limited but I appreciate the personal care they give her. I've eat there several times and the food is really good. They have LDS services so I can take her to church. The facility is spotless. We checked out three places before we had to admit her and this facilities value is comparable. The activities have just been outstanding. I really do appreciate that.

not upfront and honest with us

Mountain Ridge overall is not going well. They were not upfront and honest with us. They told us that they had lots of activities and other things. They get him dressed and fed and then sit him in front of the TV all day. I was hoping for a lot more than what we are getting here.

Some Miscommunication

I think there was a lot of miscommunication the second time my loved one was there, just between the CNAs and the whole nursing staff. When you give them instructions, they should write it down so the different shifts would know what to do.

Very Pleased

Overall, we have been very pleased with the facility. I definitely give it a five-star rating I think we can probably just leave it at that, we have been very pleased with the whole experience at Mountain Ridge.

5-Star Rating

I think that all the staff members at Mountain Ridge do a good job at the facility. I can not think of anything in particular that I think that they could improve on. I give the place a five-star rating overall.

very nice

The facility and the people at Mountain Ridge are all very nice.

There have been a few instances where they have overlooked a few details of certain things that I would like to have done that we are paying for, but they are fairly minor details. Overall they have been very good.

We pulled our loved one out of the facility.

We pulled our loved one out of the facility, we weren't there very long. We felt that they were being over medicated. I came to visit one day and found an injury, and I had never even received a call about it. It wasn't working for us. We never really complained, we just moved.

They did a great job!

We were only there for a short respite stay, just a few weeks. They had excellent care for him there. It was clean, the staff was friendly. We had no complaints about food, or anything else. They did a great job!

Terrible and Dangerous for elderly people

would give less than one star if possible. My mother was a client of Mountain Ridge and had terrible care. She was given the wrong medicine on two different occasions and ended up being hospitalized because of it. I live many thousands of miles away and I flew in to see what was occurring. I ended up staying with her at the facility for over a month. During that time what I saw was appaling and criminal. The staff at night would dissapear to go out with their friends. Once a client fell and bled profusely. I heard her screaming and I had to call an ambulance because the CNA on duty was out with her boyfriend! (She was NOT terminated or even reprimanded). On another occassion, a newer male patient [removed] a long-term female patient and she ended up [removed] a month later. He was [removed] and subsequently removed. But again, this happened at night and there was no one around to help the poor lady.
Needless to say, I removed my mother to another, more appropriate setting. With that said; the neglect I personally witnessed was nothing less than criminal. Particularly for those too infirm to complain or to get help. These people are dangerous and although the facility is nice and well cared-for; I can not say the same for the clientele. Don't risk it!

T Shisler

Ms. Osmond,

Our goal at Mountain Ridge Senior Living is to always address any concerns or frustrations immediately. After doing extensive research of our records for the past 5 years we can not find any record indicating that you are the daughter of any of our past or current residents. As we have tried to reach out to you to assist in resolving your complaints we invite you to call us at 801-475-5111 so we can discuss further. Thank you.

Ease of mind

My 91 year old father stayed at Mountain Ridge for 10 days while I was out of town. I was referred to Mountain Ridge by the friendly woman from A Place For Mom. She was very kind and helped me tremendously. Dad seemed to enjoy his stay and it eased my mind in that I didn't have to worry about his care. I would recommend anyone to use A Place For Mom if the need arises.