Chancellor Gardens - Clearfield, UT

Took great care of my grandmother while she was there.

Took great care of my grandmother while she was there.

Perfect place

I have my parents at this community and the staff is very attentive and proactive. My mom is on her way out and they immediately got hospice in there to take care of her. This place is always nice and clean. The dining is excellent they have the best chef. It has a nice outdoor area. I would recommend this community.

Room for improvements

My mom is in this community and the assisted living side you need to have a lot more independence than my mom has for it to work out here. The staff is lovely and I love them. I think it is just to big for mom. They are good at keeping it clean. The food is good. They try to engage her to get involved with the activities. They are very responsive with my request for changes. I would recommend them to my friends.

I can't say enough good things about this place!

My dad has severe dementia and was living with my brother out of state. It became difficult to help care for him so I had to look around for a good place for him to go. I needed something that would give me a piece of mind and then I met [Removed] with A Place for Mom. She was amazing and found Chancellor Gardens. It was the final place I was going to tour, I almost didn’t go because I thought I had my mind set on a different community. I am SO glad that I went. I realized that not only was Chancellor closer to me, but it was so much better than the previous place I had my heart set on. Every time I see my dad, he’s always smiling. Everything is always clean and tidy, the bathrooms never look messy, they help my dad get groomed, showered, and dressed and I just have no complaints about this. Everything here, from the décor to the staff, feels classy and like home. The staff is very proactive in making sure that my dad’s needs are met. Because of his dementia, he doesn’t remember how to get to specific places within the facility so they will come and get him and take him to get his food. You don’t see that these days! I love all of the girls that work there and there’s no high turnover rate. This place is so happy that even the staff likes being there! [Removed], the director, is there every night until around 7:30, which is a really long day. She even spends her Saturdays there. She’s dedicated to taking care of the residents, every time she leaves she’ll give them a kiss on the head and a tap on the shoulder to say goodbye, even with the people that are unresponsive. This woman cares even when she doesn’t have to. The food is great. They give everyone choices for each meal so they’re not all limited to the same thing. My dad wasn’t even a dessert person until he came here! They have musicians come in all the time and they’ll go out on the bus and out into the community. They even have an onsite barber. For the price you pay, the people that work here go above and beyond every single day. My dad is so happy here.

I’ll leave you with this: If you think you’ve found the right place and you’re settling, give Chancellor Gardens a chance. This was the extra tour that I needed to change my mind.

Staff Doing The Best They Can With Mother

Since mom has moved here she has been having some medical issues. The staff has been wonderful to work with through everything. They honestly are doing the best they can with her. They keep her room as clean as she will let them. She had been eating pretty good until she started having problems. The community does offer activities but mom is unable to do anything.

Our New Beginning Has Been Great

My mom is doing great. It is very well throughout the community. The staff provide the care we want and they are very attentive. They called me several times when we had a family concern. It was nice to have them support of decision. I am pleased with the community. We liked the people, the facility and kept returning to them when we toured other facilities.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

We're so pleased to hear that you were drawn to Chancellor Gardens. It's one of our goals to be the senior living provider of choice in the markets we serve. We appreciate that you chose Chancellor Gardens for your mom; and that you're all feeling supported, cared for and well communicated with about questions and concerns. We're truly happy to be of service.

A great place for care

I like the care at this commuinty and knowing that thet staff are very nice and caring to my dad. the food is appealing and he does like the activities that are offered. The community is clean and maintained. We would recommend this care and the value for families for a loved one.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you so much for your kind words about Chancellor Gardens. We're pleased to hear it's meeting the needs of your father; and that he's enjoying the dining and activities programs. Thank you for referring Chancellor Gardens.

Welcome Home

The "WELCOME HOME" sign in the entry says it all. I love coming to visit my parents and always feel at home. Your employees are motivated to give the best care to each resident and it shows.

[Removed] is a great director of CFL. She treats each person with the same love and respect that she would treat her own parents. She has always been willing to go the extra mile in coordinating special requests such as helping my parents be ready when we pick them up for family celebrations and arranging the dining room for my mother's birthday. [Removed] runs a wonderful support group for families.

The aides have treated my parents with respect and are very efficient. [Removed] and so many others have gone the second mile in providing daily care.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

How wonderful to hear! We’re grateful that Chancellor Gardens has so exceptionally met the individual needs of your parents, and that even you feel right at home here. We’re so pleased to hear you had such a positive experience and witnessed the love and respect we have for each and every one of our residents. As part of our company purpose, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. Your kind words tell us we're moving in the right direction. Thank you for sharing your experience.

They have so much to offer!!

My mother in law is still adjusting to living at this community. She does not like the food and feels the portions are to small. I have eaten there a few times and I do not think the food is that bad. The community is very clean. They have a large exercise room that she likes to take advantage of. I am glad we found this community as it has been everything I thought it would be from my first visit.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

We’re grateful that you feel Chancellor Gardens is meeting the needs of your mother-in-law. It is our pursuit as a senior living provider, to be the top choice in each of the markets we serve. We can appreciate how any move can be an adjustment. If there is any thing more we can do to make her feel more at home, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for choosing Chancellor Gardens; we truly look forward to serving your mother-in-law!

The good, the bad, and the ugly

The good: My mother has been at Chancellor Gardens for 2 ½ years. She is very involved in their community, and the staff is wonderful to her. They show her room to potential residents, and she greets newcomers. There are activities planned throughout the week, there are groups that meet to play cards, and church services are offered in the activity room. Chancellor transports residents to Wal-Mart to shop, and they have an out-to-lunch bunch that patronizes local restaurants. Chancellor has occasional bake sales (goodies baked by residents, friends, and families) and offer lunch (provided by Chancellor) to residents and neighboring businesses for a small donation. The money is donated to charity. Mom has made many good friends at Chancellor, including some terrific CNAs. However, here comes a bad—CNAs quickly move on to facilities that pay better. Mom pays a significant amount of money each month for rent and care (it increases every year, but services don’t improve), so I’d like to see the CNAs monetarily rewarded for tenure. Maybe that would help with turnover. More bad: Usually the food. It depends on who is cooking, but the quality of food is questionable. In all fairness, it improved recently after they dismissed one of the cooks. We bring food into mom quite often, or she makes something simple in her microwave. I know that mom has complained A LOT about the food, and people who won’t complain to management, complain to mom. Also, I wish Chancellor would be more responsive when mom asks for maintenance to her apartment, especially since they show it to potential residents. She has to pester them for action. The ugly: Understaffed, especially on weekends, plus the inability to keep trained CNAs. Mom needs assistance in and out of bed and when she uses the toilet. Just last week, she had to wait over 1 ½ hours for someone to respond to her signal for assistance. The CNAs were delivering food trays instead of responding to residents’ urgent needs. This is not the first, second, third, fourth time, and unfortunately, we know it won’t be the last. There is simply not enough people on site to help residents in a timely manner. Mom has taken it upon herself to make arrangements with certain CNAs or med-techs to schedule a time for them to help her to bed. Not every resident has formed that kind of relationships with the caregivers. However, many times, there is no one there that she trusts. New, untrained, CNAs have caused her to fall more than once. I would like to have Chancellor Gardens hold quarterly meetings with the families of their residents. Many residents are too timid to speak up during resident meetings, or are not totally aware of the care they receive. I think it would be beneficial to families to be given a forum where we can voice our concerns, as well as, offer our praise for what is done well. I also think it would be beneficial to Chancellor Gardens to hear about all the goods, the bads, and the uglies.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

We are so glad your mother has and continues to choose Chancellor Gardens as her senior living provider of choice. We love that she tries to greet all prospective residents and tells them how she loves living at our community. While we strive to exceed expectations everyday, we know that we have areas where we can improve. We encourage feedback and will always strive to act on it. We have resident food committees every month along with resident counsel, activities committee and resident executive committee where their voice is heard and acted upon. The executive director is always available to listen to every need. We also have one of the lowest employee turnover in the state of Utah. We have employees that have worked at our community for over 17 years. While some employees do leave to pursue other careers, they look back at their time at Chancellor Gardens as a place where they enjoyed their job and loved their residents.

They staff were very friendly and inviting.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for your kind words. We’re so pleased to hear you had a positive experience at Chancellor Gardens.

Food Is Not Good

My grandmother is staying at this community and so far it has been okay. I feel that at times the community is understaffed. The food here is not good to my grandmother, she says it's dry, bland, and low quality. I find the facility pretty clean. If someone needs assistance I would recommend this community.

Chancellor Gardens is a pretty community!!

The staff at this community work very well with my in laws as well as with the family. I think the food is good however they feel it is too spicy. There are other food options available. They currently only participate in church activities and we are hoping they will participate in more once they get more settled in. I would recommend this community.

My Husband's parents moved in a few weeks ago. The staff is very helpful and friendly! They have a nice one bedroom apartment! They are adjusting and making new friends!

I cannot say enough about the great care at Chancellor Gardens!!!!

I would recommend this community to anyone. My wife is settling in nicely and the staff is perfect. The food is good, nutritious and they have a variety of choices. They have activities 3 to 4 times a day and she does participate in numerous ones. Sally is the best person I have met and she is very helpful.

Chancellor Gardens is the BEST

I have been so impressed with Chancellor Gardens, they have been great to work with. Grandpa is so happy there. The residents are so friendly and engaging. The facility is clean and smells fresh. The activities are great and they keep the residents busy and engaged.

The staff is super friendly and you can tell they love their jobs and the residents. They are very helpful and great at making the transition as smooth as possible.

We are so happy to have found Chancellor Gardens moving grandpa there was the best thing for him and us.

Very Inviting Community

Chancellor Gardens has been a wonderful business to work with. It is such a warm and inviting community that makes you feel right at home. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, and I would be comfortable with any of my loved ones staying there.

Moms Happy

Overall my mom seems happy here and that's what is important.

Did well with everything

In my experience, they did well with pretty much everything they did. He was just there for a short period of time, but the staff did well with him and we were pleased with the facility and the care there.

Genuine People!

Everyone at Chancellor Gardens has been very helpful and understanding with my Mom and her special needs. As well as what I may need to get her settled in. They have made a very difficult move much easier for one and all.

Very Hospitable

I really felt like the staff at Chancellor Gardens was very hospitable and everyone at the facility was very accommodating to our all of our needs and looking at the individual and assessing their care.

Beautiful facility, and very clean. I was pleased to see how friendly and helpful the staff
is with the clients. They have quality planned activities that encourage socialization and
they work to preserve the dignity of all who are there. There is a waiting list for admission for a good reason.

A beautiful place. I only had a few issues..

Its a beautiful place. I only had a few issues. I feel like the attention my loved one gets is not that great. The activities are not as great as I hoped for. They do try. They just need more staff. Overall, It is a good place. It has been okay so far.

Moved my mom in at the end of January. She was terrified. Her apartment is a one bedroom corner until, amazing light!! She is now so happy. The facility itself is beautiful. They change decorations every month. The dining room even changes place setting to match monthly holiday themes. The staff is the best! From Johnny who runs the kitchen. He works very hard to provide nice meals Anove that he (and his wife) clearly love the residents. They hold a monthly brunch for the residents and all of Johnny's family come to help. Then all the wonderful servers, they are young but are so friendly and kind. Props to Landon, he keeps my mom's ice tea full!! Then the RN, CNA's and Med-Tech's, they each have their different personalities but they all are thoughtful, friendly and willing to do things that are above & beyond. Then there is Rodney, the Director. He is very approachable, ready to partnership with any issues or concerns. After one of my mother table mates (a gentleman) passed away, Rodney himself took his evening to take my mother and other other friends to his funeral. Chancellor Garden isn't perfect but it's the closest you'll find😄

Very pleased

So far I have been really pleased with the quality of service. All of the staff seems to remember all aspects of my dads life and his experiences at Chancellor Gardens but they remember me and my husband as well. I have been very pleased so far.

Overall, good value in the MOST friendly atmosphere.

Love the staff and friendliness of the facility.

Thanks for the care

I have my mother in the memory care unit and have been very pleased with the care. They try very hard to include everyone in the activities and have let her help with setting and clearing tables to help her feel useful. They are very understanding of the little "quirks" that the residents have and are very patient with them. I am a hospice chaplain that visits many other buildings and I chose Chancellor Gardens because it provides the best care at a reasonable price.

I think that there is definitely some...

I think that there is definitely some room for improvement when it comes to being precise and clear about their information during orientation. There was definitely some miscommunication that could have been avoided. However, they did have availability in a time crunch and they were close to our home, so we chose them mainly for that reason.

Great memory care unit

We're very impressed with the memory care here! It's a large, and well run unit, and they've got a ton of activities that people of all levels of care can participate in. The staff are very friendly, and they made it very easy to get her transferred over and had a lot of resources to help us out.
The only issue I've noticed is that the carpet in the common areas and hallways could use a bit more attention when it comes to cleaning. I would also like better feedback with areas of concern. Sally and Britney are great.

Very unimpressed - I expected a lot more.

They don't even look it at them. They're supposed to help my dad put his pajamas on. He fell going to the bathroom and he just layed on the bathroom floor all night with his clothes. It's clean and it looks nice but I just don't think they have a professional staff that cares about the people. There's a bunch of young people that work there that just sit at the desk and talk. I don't have anything to compare it to but I expected a lot more. I'm very unimpressed with the people that work there. They don't really give him a bath or make him look nice. They don't really do anything.

Robin Craig

Mr. Weaver,
I want express my appreciation for your candid feedback, and let you know that it is Chancellor Garden’s desire to exceed your expectations. I am personally vested in the great care of our residents, and know that is the goal of our entire staff. I will personally follow up on the related issues, and ensure that all MBK Senior Living Policies and Procedures have been followed. Please feel free to contact me anytime to discuss any issues.
Ryan Keele
Executive Director

Needs more staff

THe place was fine, I think maybe they needed a few more people on staff to take care of the older gender. They should probably have more staff to check on people because people were going in to other peoples rooms and taking stuff out because they didnt remmeber what their rooms looked like so they had no idea they were in the wrong room. if they could put more people on staff to stop that from happening and check on them if they fell out of bed that would be better. Its a little too pricey, they probably could have dropped about $[removed] off the price. We left my dad's stuff there for about a week after his funeral and they charged us for that week, if we knew they were going to do that we would have gotten it out alot earlier and my mom wasn't too happy about that

Robin Craig

Dear Kelly,

As the Executive Director at Chancellor Gardens, I want to personally express our condolences for the loss of your father and appreciate the time your family allowed our community to get to know and care for him. I also want to thank you for the positive marks that you gave on your review of our community. It is always our goal to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve and thus be the senior living provider of choice in the markets we serve. I apologize for any misunderstanding there may have been relating to the billing process, and would be happy to review your account with you to clear up any issues. Please feel free to contact me at any time. Thank you, and best wishes.

Sincerely,
Ryan Keele
Executive Director

Close to family

Chancellor Gardens is located close to family so it makes it easy for them to visit. Across the street there is a place you could conduct physical therapy. The staff is friendly and very helpful. We are pleased with Chancellor Gardens and would recommend them to anyone.

Good Community

The Chancellor Gardens is close to our home so it is convenient for family. The memory care unit is very spacious and has a very good setup. Would like if they took the residents outside for a little fresh air every once in a while. But overall we are happy with them and our loved one is happy being here.

A Real Pleasant Place.

It’s a real pleasant place. Both my mom and dad are happy their. They haven’t complained about the food. The only drawback is sometimes I have to stay on them about remembering to call my parents doctors for appointments.

Friendly!

I chose Chancellor Gardens of Clearfield because they were the most friendly on the phone. Then when I went there for observation the staff from administrators to aides addressed the residents by their names, which was really impressive.

I really liked Chancellor Gardens onc...

I really liked Chancellor Gardens once we got there. We are now looking for Memory Care and the unit is beautiful. However, my mother-in-law needs a more intimate space then it provides.

Imagine a lifestyle where every day feels like a vacation. A home where you are surrounded by an extended family of friends and caring staff. Days filled with entertaining social activities. Or days of quiet relaxation in the privacy you desire. Finally, imagine all of this in a luxuriously appointed, resort-style residence.

At Chancellor Gardens at Clearfield, all of these amenities and more are available in our full-service senior apartment community. Designed with your comfort and satisfaction in mind, our residence reflects years of experience in, and dedication to, premier senior living of choice.