Country Pines Retirement Community - Clinton, UT

Very nice facility, just not the right fit for us

This facility offers independent living as well as assisted. I took a tour here with my parents; the apartments were very nice and had a full sized kitchen. The facility only serves 2 meals a day and the cafeteria is in another building, which wasn’t ideal as my parents would have had to leave their apartment to eat or participate in any activities. The price was a bit more than what we would’ve liked as well, but the apartment itself was bigger. The person that gave us the tour was really nice and able to answer our questions. Even after changing their minds on moving in, the facility refunded the deposit that my parents had put down. They were very kind and sweet about it.

I toured this community

When I toured this community it was OK. They had smaller rooms here it was an older building. It seemed to have a caring environment. It just wasn't as nice as other places I toured.

Heather Cunningham

Thank you for your honest review. We love getting feedback so we can look into ways for improvement. We strive to make this the best home for your loved ones.

Great choice

My brother loves it here. There's just a lot of room for improvement. He loves having his own apartment so he can come and go as he pleases. His neighbor smokes and does not care if it comes in his apartment. They only get 2 meals a day breakfast and lunch he has diabetes so he needs dinner. Also they have to pick#'s for lunch so its first come first serve which isn't right. He walks away from lunch still hungry. He is more social now living here. The staff is friendly and checks in on him I would recommend this community.

Heather Cunningham

Thank you for your review. We value the feedback we get as we strive to make Country Pines the best home possible for those such as your brother. We do abide by the Utah Indoor Clean Air Act and prohibit smoking in any of the buildings at Country Pines. With having the benefit of a full kitchen in our Independent Living cottages, we provide our residents with a greater sense of independence in their lives. With that being said, any one is able to purchase a dinner. Thank you for your concern about the number system. Our residents just devised and implemented that last month at Resident Council. They wanted to try it out for breakfast time and see if they liked it. We encourage all residents to attend Resident Council where they do have a voice.

We are excited to hear that he enjoys living here. Our Residents really do become family. It is truly our pleasure to be able to serve him. Thank you!

Met with representative & toured apartment, very roomy w/ full kitchen & large bathroom. Lots of storage area in closets & washer/dryer. All rooms on the ground w/ open walkways outdoors. Only concern is walking to multipurpose area in rain or snowy weather & limited covered carports.[Removed] was very nice, informed & accommodating to all our questions. She is an asset for this facility.

Heather Cunningham

Thank you so much for your kind review. We value the feedback we get from folks such as yourself. The safety of our Residents is a huge concern for us as well. In fact, throughout the snowy months, we do hire more maintenance staff to help keep up with the walks and roads(shoveling, laying salt, etc.) In addition, if it is a really bad snowy day, we will call it a snow day and deliver meals to our residents so they don't have to weather the storm. We are pleased to hear that you had a great experience touring and we were able to answer all your questions.

The facility seemed nice something I would consider

The independent living spaces were nice but you had to walk outdoors to get to dinning area. This part of the facility was okay. The assisted care facility was not well kept and dirty looking. The rooms were old and looked it. They need to go through and update the entire facility.

Fan of country pines

My grandmother and father lived in Country Pines for over 10 years the staff was amazing he lives in beautiful independent apartment with a full kitchen washer and dryer and two bedrooms they went on a lot of outings and the food was excellent there I miss eating at Country Pines
I have been in business over 20 years they have an extent exceptional relationship with the community and everyone speaks good of them they are very good CNA's and nurses.
I like them.

10 great years at Country Pines

My grandmother and grandfather lived in Country Pines Independent Living for 8 years. They loved having their own apartment with kitchen and 2 bedrooms, and all of us (the family) loved knowing that they were served healthy meals daily, they had scheduled transportation, activities, and 24 hour staffing. After my grandmother passed away, my Grandfather Mike moved into Assisted Living because he was getting pretty weak. All of the nurses were so kind and patient with him, he liked the nurses, the food was very good (for assisted living). We were very happy with the care we received, Country Pines gets my vote for a really good Independent, Assisted, and Memory facility. I would recommend them, and we were customers for 10 years.

Country Pines combines the benefit of assisted living with the independence living in your own apartment. We offer all the amenities here at The Pines including: Meals, Housekeeping, Transportation, Activities, 24 Hour Staffing, Exercise Programs, Close to Medical Facility, Country Living, and most important Peace of Mind knowing the Pines is always there. Our food is excellent and we really want people to see that is made from scratch everyday and hot to order. The activities can keep you as busy as you can handle with bingo, billiards, crafts, cards, shopping, road trips, foot clinics, and even trips to Wendover. The Pines is located in a country setting in Clinton, yet close enough that all the big stores and restaurants are just a skip away. Country Pines will exceed your expectations. Don't take our word for it, come and check us out. Lunch is served everyday at 1:00 pm and with a simple phone call you can join us. We also have a fully furnished quest suite you can try for free. Call us! We will be waiting for you at The Pines.