Family Friendly Community

Mom is doing pretty good here. She is really enjoying her stay. She likes her room but the community does not offer hd quality tv you have to call and upgrade to that and between the community and the service they go through it is not an easy process. She loves the food, however, I would like to see an alternative to a breakfast if you don't make it down to the meal such as Ensure or something like that so the residents don't completely have to skip a meal. They do offer activities and mom is enjoying those. The staff who is wonderful very considerate and nice emails a calendar of events of which the families of the residents can come and participate in.

After Touring The Community

I thought they representative was very upbeat, personable, and great when giving us the tour. However we kept returning to a different community.

Not the happy friendly place they portray

My mom was a resident in the Alzheimer's/dementia care unit called the cottage for 7 mos. I was extremely dissapointed & dissatisfied with the care she received. The staff were all extremely young CNA's I NEVER ONCE SAW OR SPOKE WITH A REGISTERED NURSE and in my opinion werent trained well enough for the specialized care required for Alzheimer's and or dementia patients. There were countless times I'd visit my mom while the staff were all sitting together laughing & talking with each other not interacting with the residents, there were several times I went into my moms room & found feces all over the outside of the toilet, found my mom wandering back & forth in front of the refrigerator while the staff were oblivious, she was obviously thirsty but couldn't communicate so I'd get her a drink. During the weekdays mom thru Fri they have a person come in to play games or music with the residents for an hr a day but sat & sun the residents are left to wander around, stare out the windows or just sit in the front room getting agitated while the staff ignored them. When someone would get agitated (which unfortunately happens with this disease) the staff wouldn't interact with them or give them something to do, they just write a report stating so and so was agitated then the next thing was to medicate or sedate them! I had many meetings with the director of legacy [Removed] to voice my concerns, I got lots of promises but nothing changed. I don't think the residents receive the level of care they need. If your expecting your loved one to be taken care of in a nurturing caring environment this isn't it. They couldn't even provide the basic care promised in the contract such as helping my mom brush her teeth when she first arrived. When my moms illness got worse to where she could no longer swallow pills (her medication) the cna's were oblivious & would put them in her hand anyway then my mom would drop them on the floor, not one of them had the training to understand she just COULDNT SWALLOW PILLS ANYMORE. When my mom could no longer feed herself during breakfast lunch or dinner not one of the CNA's noticed, I did, I fed her and had to speak with the director AGAIN to ask him to please tell the staff. Thank god I able to visit my mom almost daily to witness how ill equipped the staff was in taking care of her as the illness progressed & her needs increased. I absolutely WOULD NOT recommend sending your loved on here. Until better and more frequent training is provided the level of care won't improve. I wish I could provide a place where people would get the proper care they so deserve

They staff seem super friendly. Would definitely worth looking into.

Mom's New Home

My mom like this community and the staff is excellent and very caring. The food is good and a nice variety to choose from. This community is very clean and the grounds are well kept. They offer alot of activities to choose from. We would recommend this for others needing great quality care for their loved ones.

Our loved one is just as happy as a lark here.

This community is quite small, I am not sure how many residents, but it is on the smaller side. It's just a little more blue collar. It's a relaxed facility, and we are very happy with it. Our loved one is just as happy as a lark here.

Great assisted living!

We were very impressed by the assisted living care provided here, it is a lovely facility and the staff are friendly and helpful. The memory care unit here is smaller and more limited than what we wanted for our loved one, so when her needs advanced to that point we decided to look into other options. Up until that point however, this place was fantastic. The front staff always knew you by name and seemed to know a lot about my mom.

Help with day-to-day living.
Our Assisted Living Comunities are designed for seniors who can no longer manage on their own but do not require intensive, 24-hour medical care. Assisted living provides a combination of residential living, health and recreational services, and help with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, eating and medications in a warm, home-like environment

Standard in your residence:

Apartment-style—Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom units with kitchenette and private bath

Individually controlled heating and cooling system

24-hour emergency call system

Safety features including grab bars

Fully accessible apartments available