Apple Village Assisted Living - Layton, UT

Charming

From the second I walked in this building I knew this was just the place. No reason to look any place else.

Apple village best place to be

The whole facility is clean and the real plants add a great feeling. The activity are great it nice to see all the residents out there. The staff is all amazing to and helpful and friendly.

Excellent!

Love the facility! Very unique lay out. Friendly staff. I always knew my mom was in good hands. Would highly recommend!

Apple Village was a beautiful place that we visited. I especially loved the friendly greeting we received from staff, and the beautiful trees and ponds that were in the building. The day we came was sunny, and the sunlight was coming in the skylights and making the hallway sunny like we were outdoors! My grandma ended up needed more care in a nursing home, but if she was able to, she would have loved to move in at Apple Village.

Apple Village is a good place for my dad!!!

Apple Village has great staff. They are attentive and take great care of my dad. The community is kept clean and is well maintained. He has not complained about the food. He does participate in some of the group activities. The only minor issue I see is I think there is a crack on the shower floor that is covered by tape. I would recommend this community over the previous one he was in.

The worst place!!!!

I would give this community a zero. My wife was there for a short time and the care was horrible. The majority of the staff are college kids working while they finish school. They do not seem to care about the residents or the families needs. The food is not bad but they never brought the food on time. I would not recommend this community.

No Frills

First I want to say the the director and the ladies at the front desk are great! They were very kind and helpful. My dad was in the memory care unit for about 3 days. The second day, I went to check on him and he was still in the clothes that he was wearing when I dropped him off the day before. He had food all over his shirt. He needed some pain meds so I went out to look for an employee to help him. I walked around the whole memory care wing twice and saw no one. I had him push his call button and I stayed with him for 25 minutes, when no one came I went to the front desk and they said they'd get someone. I had to leave so I don't know if anyone ever came to help him. Later that day I got a call from Apple Village saying that my dad had a fall but he was ok. The next day I went to check on him, he could barely walk to the bathroom and back to his bed. I found out that he fell and he pushed the call button but no one came, he was on the floor yelling for help and finally an aide came in to give him his scheduled medication. I have no idea how long he was left laying in the floor! My dad hardly ever complains so when he did I made arrangements to have him moved to a different facility asap. After he was settled at the new place he asked me to never send him to that "[removed]" (Apple Village) again. He's doing great at the other facility. Apple Village might be fine for some people but it did not work out for us. There was a strong urine smell, the food was medocre and some of the employees, mainly the aides, were not very friendly and made you feel like a problem. The rooms are quite small and the showers don't have seats in them, something that I think is important. The little pond in the front lobby is pretty cool and it is a little cheaper than the other memory care facilities.

I can't say that I have any complaints

I like Apple Village. My Mom really enjoys it there and I can't really say that I have any complaints. The staff is caring and they do a great job taking care of my Mom. I really could not have found a better place.

Large stains on the floor. Dad didn't like the assigned seating for meals. Couldn't really see a unit without interrupting a resident.

looks like a very nice facility.
My only complaint is how strong the cinnamon air freshener smell in the lobby was.

The activities are very good

The activities are very good. They take a lot of excursions which is good. Everything has been going pretty well. I would recommend the Apple Village Assisted Living if you are in the Layton, UT area.

Great Place!

My dad is very needed and can be difficult to work with sometimes. He had a very hard time getting settled in when he first started living here. The friendly staff and caregivers are awesome because they responded to every little request my Dad would make.

After a few weeks My Dad had settled in and really enjoys living at Apple Village. It can be expensive, but almost every Community is pricey.

Overall I would recommend this place as the staff and caregivers are very friendly and helpful! 4/5

It's going pretty well.

It's going pretty well. The staff is friendly, and they keep it very clean. They could use a little more entertainment, I think. I haven't tried the food, but it looks good to me. The front desk, the first person you see when you walk in, Sandy, has been wonderful.

Very nice, we all liked thi...

Very nice, we all liked this. Did tour on Sat. Sandy was friendly and knowledgeable.

So far, we are very happy with Apple ...

So far, we are very happy with Apple Village! It's the cheapest out of the ones we looked at, but it's still very expensive. Our loved one has only been there for a little while, but so far, everything is going well and no areas of improvement. I really like this place. It's clean and they present themselves nicely. I like the way it's decorated. The rooms are clean and they always smell good when you walk in. I liked this one the best, and she's safe here!

Apple Village is perhaps the most attractive and unique setting for assisted retirement living in Utah. Resident cottages line spacious conservatory corridors where goldfish swim in ponds, and canaries sing in antique cages among interesting plants. In the Village Square our billowing clouds adorn the ceiling as it rises to plentiful skylights, and melts into the sky. Apple Village rests on a knoll that offers a spactacular view of the peaceful Hobbs Lake and its own wooded valley. When residents eat in our handsome dining room, they feast also on this gorgeous lakeside vista.