Morning Pointe of Chattanooga at Shallowford - Chattanooga, TN

This is our first choice for Earl's parents, but, unfortunately, they have no availability at this time. [Removed]y will let us know if a 2 bedroom unit becomes available. The property is beautiful, the staff very friendly. the price is as expected, and the amenities are more than expected, including excellent menus and other food options.

The Good & Bad

The food and service is an issue for my family member and others that live here too, for example, the other day they were served wet cheese sandwiches for dinner. When I talked to the head cook and inquired about the number of starches and lack of color on the plates, I was told she would order the yellow cornmeal for color (true).

There are many caring staff members, but I am not certain why inconsistency in care/attention is evident. Beds/rooms are to be made & picked up daily by staff, some days they are, some days they aren't. My family member seldom used the pendent they are provided, yet, when he called for help, on more than one occasion, was not assisted. He then called us and said he was dying, I had to call the nurses to get someone to check on him; an ambulance was then called. He had suffered a stroke.

Morning Pointe charges also based on number of medications prescribed to residents, when my family members bill increased greatly due to this I was told they had more residents and had to have more staff therefore they had to charge each resident by number of medications despensed (I assumed the additional fees they received would cover these costs). I insisted on looking at the reason for the increase in cost; I was told they had been audited three times, I still insisted on reviewing. When I was provided the prescription list, cotton balls and syringes were included and each were being charged as medications. I contacted the home office and received a call back, apologizing and offering a few months reduced charges due to the mistake.

We are so impressed by the supportive caring environment that our Mom lives in. Thank you so much for all you do for her.

Attentive staff

This is a very nice place. The staff is attentive and compassionate and seem dedicated to the resident's well being. The level of care here is excellent and they do a great job. The facility is always clean.

Dad like it

I absolutely love it and my Dad seems to like it. I love the staff and they have been great for my Dad. He has adjusted extremely well. He feels like this is his home. He is really happy with the food there.

The care is outstanding

Morning Pointe of Chattanooga at Shallowford is great. I am very impressed with the facility and the staff. The care is outstanding at this facility. I am very pleased with my experience. I have no complaints.