Brighton Court Assisted Living - Spokane Valley, WA

I like that its a smaller facility

At Brighton Court Assisted Living I like that its a smaller facility. I am out of state and don't have the option to see mother. I was there the week she moved in. I rely on emails and phone calls. I like that I am able to call up at the desk and ask them to do something. I have the freedom to be in touch and they are cooperating with that. They are good about getting back with me. I am not always sure that the orders being given are followed through on. I do wonder if things really get done but that's just because I am not there to see. I will say I was disappointed in the food. I have eaten lunches and dinners there. It wasn't as good as I thought it would have been. My mother is English and likes things a certain way so I was disappointed in that.

Very Pleased

Brighton Court was able to help me through a tough time with a necessary decision with my mother. I had an immediate need with needing to place her in a safe, caring, thoughtful setting in a very short time period for a respite care stay. I will definitely be looking to place her there for a permanent solution after I negotiate through my mom's financing issues and the sale of her home.

Only went into lounge.

I only walked into the front 'lounge' area. I didn't have an appointment, shame on me. However the marketing person whom I had been speaking on the phone about the place was very warm and friendly and said that it would be okay to drop in when I had time. I did call about 20 minutes ahead. She was in they said. I checked in when I arrived and was told she would be out in a few minutes. So I looked around their large lounge a bit and looked for a chair to sit in. There were plenty but all were dirty (dirty from spills & stains & hairy. There was however a big old white dog - lab? He lumbered over to me but I'm not fond of animals so he padded away quickly enough. It was 9am-ish when I arrived and about 20 plus minutes later I left without a tour and without ever having spoken to the marketing director. I saw her, talking to a few different people in the office area, not ever acknowledging my presence and seeming none to rushed to do so. During that entire time I did not see nor hear a single resident. I sat in my car to make a phone call (not allot of guest parking) and only then did I see a few residents heading outside to their bus for a field trip.

Brighton Court

I was very dissatisfied with this facility. My father was left(twice) to sit in his urine soak clothes for hours after the facility decided that they could no longer car for him. Instead of stepping up to the plate and providing some help, they just wanted to send him to the hospital and make it the hospital’s responsibility. In my opinion, the facility is understaffed on weekends. Although the staff had to help my father on and off of the toilet, they would often fail to clean the fecal matter off of the toilet set. I would have to call staff to clean the bathroom.

A "Place for Mom" did not help me find the facility.

My place for mom! Larger facility and lots to do in az unit. It's where my loved one would go!

friendly and helpful

I have not been there too many times as mom has been in the hospital much of the time since getting in there, but as far as I can tell from the limited experience that I have had everyone there has been exceptionally friendly and helpful.

All in all it's been pretty good.

It's very clean. There have been a few people that haven't been as friendly as one would hope. The care levels can be a little confusing in what's included, or covered. She likes the food. All in all it's been pretty good.

We invite you to come see for yourself everything happening at Brighton Court Assisded Living and Memory Care. With 25 years of expertise we are conveniently located in the Spokane Valley in Washington State. Brighton Court offers 36 assisted living apartments and a seperate secure memory care community with 13 apartments. We support a resident's right to remain as independent as possible and add services as they are needed to remain where you call home...Brighton Court. Delicious meals, houskeeping, scheduled transportation and social activities are just the beginning. Come to Brighton Court Assisted Living and Memory Care and explore your options!