Ridgeview Place - Spokane Valley, WA

Resident Care & Adding Points (charges)

Ridgeview Place is clean and tastefully decorated. However, based on my experience, there are two very important issues that may make it necessary for a resident to pack up and leave.
The first involves resident care. The assisted living section promises residents that caregivers will answer a resident's call (by pressing a pendent call button) within 5 minutes. Residents face a 30 to 45 minute wait for a necessary or urgent issue to be addressed.
After living at this facility for a while (approximately 10 - 12 months) points (additional monthly charges) start being added for care that supposedly is provided on a daily basis. But, in my experience, that care item or service item is not provided often enough to warrant the additional monthly increase. I personally believe this is unconscionable.
Buyer Beware. Corporate Public Relations Department, please check into this.

Very similar to Windriver, but rooms are larger and this is much closer to my home, so easier for me to get to more often. Jessica was very kind to show me around and give me information.

a very clean and immaculate place. the residents seem happy and content here. I would love to have my mother live here. my guide was very nice and caring.
this is one of 2 places I am considering.

Clean, not too big, they seem to have a good program and know & care about the residents.
They do not take Medicaid at any point.

Newly remodeled, getting acclimated

This is a beautifully remodeled community that was reopened a few months ago. I really like the flat rate they are trying to implement. They seem to be trying very hard on getting up to speed with all the new residents coming in and training the new staff. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The staff works with my husband to try and get him to socialize more. They have activities and try to get him to participate. My husband is slowly getting acclimated to his new environment. I have seen residents playing Bingo and other various activities. I've also seen the residents happily watching T.V. There is also a lot of socializing going on in the dining room where there is a staff member who helps keep the conversations going. The community overall is shiny new and clean. The rooms are very nice. It is a very spacious facility with plenty of room to move around with a very nice activity center. They offer water and snacks in-between meals. I would like to thank A Place for Mom for all of their help in finding a place for my husband, and I recommend that my friends also use their service.

Ridgeview Place Spokane Valley

When my husband and I walked into Ridgeview we liked it. After meeting the people, and touring the area (Memory Care for my Mom) we still had a good feeling about it.
Now, Mom has been there for almost 2 months. Overall everything is great. As the caregivers get to know Mom, things for her and them get easier.
I will say it is clean, friendly and they have lots of activities for people. They welcome us if we eat a meal with mom.
So happy we found this place.

Good facility and staff!

My mother's stay at Ridgeview went fairly well! The staff are wonderful people and it is a beautiful facility. My main concern is the fact that the staff is not always fully prepared when faced with adversity. However, they are polite and do what they can to cater to individual needs.

Beautiful decor. Newly remodeled, quiet due to only a few residents.

Outstanding.

We are happy with the care of this community. The staff is very nice and we like the care that is being received here. They go out of their way to take great care of my mom and the caregivers are outstanding. The menu is very good and the dining are is beautiful. This is a new community and everything is wonderful. The activiites are wonderful and I like that my mom is receiving here. I would highly recommend the care and the excellent value for great care of a loved one.

[Removed] was our host and she is an energetic and knowledgeable lady. Even though this is a new facility with residents not moved in yet it is easy to see what a nice place this is going to be. The building has been totally renovated and beautiful. The dining room decor and table settings rivaling that of a large cruise ship. [Removed], the activity director, was very helpful in describing her vision of how the residents will enjoy their time here. The apartments are quite large and well laid out. Closet space is huge! As for the restaurant operation I the residents will have to fill out their menu selection the day before which may be difficult for some. I know I enjoy my food selection at the time of seating and not deciding what I want for dinner tomorrow night. Not sure if this is how they do this at their other properties but if so it may not be an issue. All in all this is a great assisted living option.

I had a really good touring and informational experience today with Eshelle. I'm very excited to look into this community closer and see what my dad has to say about it...

Update: My dad liked this facility and I we've put down a deposit on a apartment in the assisted living side until they come up and do the assessment of her needs. They have a space in both assisted living and memory care, so we're all set! Thank you for everything!