Monroe Place - Bloomington, IN

Monroe Place - Bloomington, IN has yet not published prices.

Review of Monroe Place

We are very pleased with the care our loved one is receiving at Monroe Place! Staff is friendly and attentive, facility is clean and well kept and overall great environment!

Our Experience with Monroe Place, Bloomington Indiana

In [date removed], my brother and I moved our Dad from Ft. Myers, FL to Monroe Place —after our stepmother had a massive stroke and her five children took her home to Canada.

It was a sudden and traumatic change for my Dad. The staff at Monroe Place went out of their way to comfort and encourage him even from his first day there.

Fortunately, a good friend of ours had recommended Monroe Place as that is where her grandmother lives. So I spoke with them and had a tour before making the decision.

Dad has been there a year now and we are really pleased with the accommodations, services, and atmosphere at Monroe Place.

I overheard Dad tell someone last week how much all the staff love him and take good care of him.

[name removed], the activities coordinator, is amazing! She really draws the residents out with her loving and caring nature —and plans so many fun things for them to do. Dad especially loves playing Euchre.

This is a small description of our experience with Monroe Place.

Review of Monroe Place

Great. Caring. Flexible + helped me find a new home for my grandfather. They really made this transition possible for me. We love his new home!

Review of Monroe Place

I appreciate the attentive, personal and correct service of nursing staff. They are tidy, efficient and patient. They are very responsive as they interact on a consistent schedule. The food is nutritious and tasty. The cooks monitor how residents are enjoying meals and have meetings about dietary preferences. This facility is secure with a buzz system and is in good condition. The maintenance staff responds on same-day basis. It is exceptionally clean with no fall hazards. There are exercise and gaming, opportunities which my parents look forward to. This is a highly courteous place to live...very relaxed. "It seems like a dream" is what my father says about Monroe Place.

[Removed] was very helpful and informative both leading up to and during the tour. The facility is fine but seems very average in a "hospitally" like of way. I was not as impressed with the facility''s amenities and support services as I was with my other option. ([Removed]). Monroe Place is kind of dark and though it's one level, it's sprawling like an octopus. I think that would harder for my mom to navigate as well as be tiring for her to get around to all the areas.

Care and Attention

I was happy with this community for care.The staff was nice and they staff were caring for the time that we needed this caring community. The menu was nice and she liked the meals. They do have activities for the residents who can participate. We would suggest that families take a tour of this community for the care of a loved one.

Just Right for Mom

Our family recently selected Monroe Place for our mom's assisted living facility. We found it to be just the right size place for her, neither too big that she could get lost in the shuffle or too small that there would not be enough options for her. The staff has done a wonderful job of making sure mom is aware of the activities and all that is available to her. She enjoys the hairdresser, having her laundry done weekly, exercise class, walks and even getting a library card! She didn't realized before, how lonely it truly was living on her own in a condo.

With heartfelt gratitude

All staff members we encountered were super helpful-going out of their way to attend to our and our father's needs or concerns. We witnessed firsthand, so many instances of compassion and patience given to residents and visitors alike. Housekeeping and laundry departments deserve high praise. All areas are bright, clean, and the place always smells good. The dining room runs perfectly, like a well-oiled machine. They called each resident by name and knew each person's food and drink preferences. Very impressive! The moment we walked into the front door of Monroe Place, for the first time, we immediately felt welcome. As the months went by, we knew we'd made the right choice. We can never thank you enough for your kindness and professionalism and making the final month's of our dad's life so much better.

Great communication with family

My grandfather moved here recently and they've been really great!They do games like checkers and he even watches movies with the friends he's made. He even made friends with someone he went to elementary school with. He loves the food and has two to three plates each meal.They are really great at communication. My Dad isn't able to visit all the time and they call him to update him on how things are going. We chose this community because it was close to my grandmother and his support system. We also liked the overall atmosphere when we toured.

I was very impressed with Monroe Place. I do want to visit other places before making a positive decision. Ms. [Removed] and her staff were very friendly, as were the residents that I met.Every thing was clean and the food delicious. My son visits with me and he too was impressed. Thank you.

a Place Close To Home

a secure facility with a very capable staff. This facility has many aid departments to serve the residents and the facility operates 24/7 all year.

Monroe Place is a very nice community!!!!

The staff at this community have gone out of their way to help my dad whenever possible. My dad is not the most positive person but they still try to get him to interact more. I have not tried the food but it looks good and I have not heard other residents complain. The community is clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

Poorly run facility! DO NOT USE!

My father-in-law lives in Monroe Place in Bloomington, IN. So far, I am not impressed at all. I can't even count the number of times my wife had gone to visit her father and he was unclean, laundry not done, and he was sitting in soiled pants. The hands-on staff are as good as they can be, but I'm sure they are under paid so therefore turnover is high. Upper management is also constantly changing. Usually the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing.

My recommendation, do not use this facility. We will be moving my father-in-law out.

One of the most friendliest and active places.

We are currently looking for our grandfather and noticed that this is a very active community. We still have more communities to tour but everyone was so friendly from the time we pulled into the parking lot to the end of our tour. We definitely left there with more knowledge about assisted living and our local resources. We had no idea that he could get assistance because he is a veteran.

Well compared to where my mother was at, they are a lot more attentive to her and give her more attention and also give her a better quality of life.

Love the staff and glad we chose this home for our father

Love this Place we chose for our father. Thank you Jen and Robin!!

Things have gone well for our loved o...

Things have gone well for our loved one so far at Monroe Place. It was a bit of an adjustment for him and we had a few issues when he first moved in, but they resolved all of those fairly quickly. It's a nice place overall, and he seems to be settling in well.