Gentry Park Bloomington - Bloomington, IN

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington - Bloomington, IN

Recently moved my mother to Gentry Park and extremely pleased. Staff is very professional and accommodating. The facility is new, very clean and well planned. Great service and acting programs. First class.

Brand New

Gentry Park Bloomington is a beautiful new community. It is obvious that the Director of Health Services is very experienced and compassionate. She is right there taking shifts/care of residents when needed and seems to strive to have a good working relationship with families. She (and some of her staff) provide education, listen to concerns, and keep me informed of changes and care plan updates. They have chefs that they are working with to prepare food that meet the different dietary needs of the residents.
There is a nicely landscaped small courtyard for the residents to go out, weather permitting, to enjoy the fresh air. There are activities that they can participate in. The only concern that I will add is that there doesn't seem to be a telephone system in place, at least not in the memory-care area. They use walkie-talkies, which seem to make communication a little difficult at times.
Overall, my loved one is receiving the care he needs. They allow and encourage his independence while they make sure he takes his medication, and they help him through difficult times. I feel good he is receiving the care that he needs. I would recommend this community.

Very Nice place

We had a wonderful tour the staff were knowledgeable and answered all our questions and we would have considered this community for our dad, except that we would have had to completely furnish his room. The community is new, fresh and clean and everyone was great.

A new, lovely, and caring place

Gentry Park is spanking new. The site is gorgeous; the facility is beautiful; the staff are highly competent, friendly and caring; and the food is quite good. The administrative staff have been a pleasure to work with as I transitioned my mother from fifty years in her own home to life in an assisted living environment. My mother suffers from short term memory loss, is easily confused, and was anxious and ambivalent about making the move, which was necessitated by her weakening physical state. But the staff has done everything within its power to make the transition smooth and pleasant--and my mother has been highly complimentary of how nice the place is and how kind everyone has been. There have been a couple of bumps along the way as the staff has sought to ascertain the extent of my mother's needs and provide the level of care she requires. And the activities offered by Gentry Park remain less developed relative to other facilities in the area (Meadowood/Bell Trace), but I attribute that to Gentry Park being in operation for less than a year--and the new activities director has an ambitious agenda, and I anticipate a. Bottom line: I toured eight assisted living facilities in Milwaukee (where my mother used to live) and Bloomington, before deciding that Gentry Park was best suited to meet my mother's needs, without regard to cost. That Gentry Park was among the more affordable options under consideration made the choice that much easier. My mother has now been at Gentry Park for a little over a month, and my opinion has not changed.

Beautiful Facility

This is a brand new facility. Most suites are private. The landscaping is lovely. The staff is wonderful very upbeat and positive and when they speak to the residents they have a positive tone in their voices. The only concern I have is the location of the nurse's stations I would much rather have them out in the open then tucked away in an office. Mom has her own private chef he is very accommodating prepares anything she wants when she wants. Due to them being new and not very many residents yet they don't offer quite as many activities as they will have however they did just have a Hawaiian Night which mom enjoyed very much. The price is much better than where she previously was. and with the savings, I was able to go out and provide mom with brand new furniture to make her new surroundings feel like home.

Dad is doing ok here

Dad seems to be doing ok since moving there. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is great communication between myself and the staff they let me know if they have any concerns and if I have concerns they listen. The inside of the facility is clean and updated nicely.
Dad has lost all sense of taste but seems to like the food when he eats.
The community offers activities however dad is not the most social person so he chooses not to participate in anything for very little. I would recommend them to anyone.

Good impression

The staff gave us so much information and made it easy to make the best choice for my mother. The staff was very accommodating and gracious during our tour.