Gentry Park Bloomington - Bloomington, IN

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

I visit Gentry Park often. This community is vibrant and happy. I have eaten here and you choose your meals from a menu. It is like eating at a restaurant - delicious! They have a van and go on many outings in Bloomington. My loved ones care needs are always met and the staff is wonderful.

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

My mom is at this community. From the time she came in they treated all of our family like royalty! They have it all here. When they set the price, that’s it - no hidden or added on items. The staff know her and what she likes and dislikes. She is happy!

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

The wife & I moved into the garden homes in April 2017. No more lawn keeping, no more shoveling snow. If anything goes wrong, call maintenance. Housekeeping every other week, meals available, still have kitchen if you want to cook. Staff very good. Many activities to choose from. This is as close to heaven as I will get.

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

I like everything about Gentry Park. I really enjoy living here, the people are friendly and helpful.

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

I enjoy living here. The people that work here makes my life to be special and having them are always enhance my day with smiles and talking. They are looking for events to fill the day, everyone makes us feel safe and feel their love.

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

I am lucky to live her at Gentry Park. They take care of all my medical needs and the food is good

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

I like it, it’s a great place to live. The food is great and I love the courtyards and patios.

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

I like living here a lot. The staff is both friendly and helpful.

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

I like living here because I am never lonely. The food is always good and the activities we do are always fun.

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

This is a beautiful community like nothing else I have looked at. While the amenities are vast what stood out for me was how attentive and caring the staff was with the residents that live there. My mom will be moving here.

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

My mother-in-law has been a resident for 1 year. She's very happy and active in her community there. I'm very pleased with staff and her care.

Sandy Pennington

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we strive to provide the best experience for our residents and guests each and every day. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

My aunt has resided at Gentry park in memory care for 1 yr. I'm very pleased and satisfied with her care.

Sandy Pennington

We are glad to hear that you are pleased with your aunt's care here at Gentry Park Bloomington. It's our mission to provide top-notch care and support to all of our residents and guests! Thank you for the positive review!

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

This is a beautiful new community. The staff was all friendly and helpful. The marketing director was friendly, professional, and very knowledgeable about the senior living industry. She and all the staff we encountered were very caring and considerate of their residents. We could tell the residents were being well cared for there.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident and guest experience each and every day.

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

GP is fortunate to have a marketing director as they now have. Enthusiasm and goodwill goes a very long way in the success of a facility such as yours. While the balance of the program works well, this "Face of the organization" marketing person serves your company quite well in the competitive market in Bloomington. I enjoy spending time with my mother at Gentry Park. She is in a very good environment.

Sandy Pennington

We appreciate your taking time to provide your feedback. This feedback is encouraging as we work to provide an outstanding experience for our residents and guests every day. We are glad you enjoying spending time with your mother at Gentry Park Bloomington! Have a wonderful day!

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

This is a wonderful retirement community! All staff are caring, friendly people. They are always there when you need them. I feel safe here. I enjoy socializing with all the other residents. Here we are provided with a variety of social activities. I think it is wonderful that we are provided with a bus that provides transportation for all the residents. We have a very friendly and caring driver. I don't think I could be in a better place then here!

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

I love the people here! The elegant decor is very relaxing. All the activities are such fun.
Thank you for all the planning that you do to prepare.

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

My loved one is here! They take special care of them! There are a lot of activities and outings and they make sure that they are cared for and happy. We love it here and the staff goes above and beyond to ensure they have great nursing care! The food is exceptional!

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

My daughter moved me here from out of state. Everyone has been very helpful to get me settled. I am happy to be here. This is now home!

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

Gentry Park's food is great! Especially the desserts. The chef is awesome! The staff is so friendly and helpful. My daughter's couldn't find anyone here that was not nice.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience regarding the food and staff at our community. Ensuring the satisfaction of all residents is our goal. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident experience each and every day.

Don't

Staff really doesn't care once they have your money

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to have a discussion so that we can better understand and address the concerns. Please feel free to contact Janet Ledlow, Executive Director at [removed].

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington

Gentry Park is a beautiful community, beautiful landscape, with a rain garden and a walking path. My dad loves the outings and all of the activities. The dining room is beautiful and the menu is varied. Dad has plenty of choices! All of the employees are anxious to help in any way that they can. We love our nurses and nursing assistants! We love Gentry Park!

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Ensuring the satisfaction of all residents is our goal. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident experience each and every day.

Review of Gentry Park Bloomington - Bloomington, IN

Recently moved my mother to Gentry Park and extremely pleased. Staff is very professional and accommodating. The facility is new, very clean and well planned. Great service and acting programs. First class.

Brand New

Gentry Park Bloomington is a beautiful new community. It is obvious that the Director of Health Services is very experienced and compassionate. She is right there taking shifts/care of residents when needed and seems to strive to have a good working relationship with families. She (and some of her staff) provide education, listen to concerns, and keep me informed of changes and care plan updates. They have chefs that they are working with to prepare food that meet the different dietary needs of the residents.
There is a nicely landscaped small courtyard for the residents to go out, weather permitting, to enjoy the fresh air. There are activities that they can participate in. The only concern that I will add is that there doesn't seem to be a telephone system in place, at least not in the memory-care area. They use walkie-talkies, which seem to make communication a little difficult at times.
Overall, my loved one is receiving the care he needs. They allow and encourage his independence while they make sure he takes his medication, and they help him through difficult times. I feel good he is receiving the care that he needs. I would recommend this community.

Very Nice place

We had a wonderful tour the staff were knowledgeable and answered all our questions and we would have considered this community for our dad, except that we would have had to completely furnish his room. The community is new, fresh and clean and everyone was great.

A new, lovely, and caring place

Gentry Park is spanking new. The site is gorgeous; the facility is beautiful; the staff are highly competent, friendly and caring; and the food is quite good. The administrative staff have been a pleasure to work with as I transitioned my mother from fifty years in her own home to life in an assisted living environment. My mother suffers from short term memory loss, is easily confused, and was anxious and ambivalent about making the move, which was necessitated by her weakening physical state. But the staff has done everything within its power to make the transition smooth and pleasant--and my mother has been highly complimentary of how nice the place is and how kind everyone has been. There have been a couple of bumps along the way as the staff has sought to ascertain the extent of my mother's needs and provide the level of care she requires. And the activities offered by Gentry Park remain less developed relative to other facilities in the area (Meadowood/Bell Trace), but I attribute that to Gentry Park being in operation for less than a year--and the new activities director has an ambitious agenda, and I anticipate a. Bottom line: I toured eight assisted living facilities in Milwaukee (where my mother used to live) and Bloomington, before deciding that Gentry Park was best suited to meet my mother's needs, without regard to cost. That Gentry Park was among the more affordable options under consideration made the choice that much easier. My mother has now been at Gentry Park for a little over a month, and my opinion has not changed.

Beautiful Facility

This is a brand new facility. Most suites are private. The landscaping is lovely. The staff is wonderful very upbeat and positive and when they speak to the residents they have a positive tone in their voices. The only concern I have is the location of the nurse's stations I would much rather have them out in the open then tucked away in an office. Mom has her own private chef he is very accommodating prepares anything she wants when she wants. Due to them being new and not very many residents yet they don't offer quite as many activities as they will have however they did just have a Hawaiian Night which mom enjoyed very much. The price is much better than where she previously was. and with the savings, I was able to go out and provide mom with brand new furniture to make her new surroundings feel like home.

Dad is doing ok here

Dad seems to be doing ok since moving there. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is great communication between myself and the staff they let me know if they have any concerns and if I have concerns they listen. The inside of the facility is clean and updated nicely.
Dad has lost all sense of taste but seems to like the food when he eats.
The community offers activities however dad is not the most social person so he chooses not to participate in anything for very little. I would recommend them to anyone.

Good impression

The staff gave us so much information and made it easy to make the best choice for my mother. The staff was very accommodating and gracious during our tour.