Brookdale Bloomington - Bloomington, IN

Brookdale Bloomington - Bloomington, IN has yet not published prices.

Staff?

I had an interview at Brookdale Bloomington to decide if it would be a good fit for our loved one. I did not have a comfortable feeling when they stated they were having staffing problems. I knew that my loved one would need good constant care and chose another community.

It is a very nice community but we feel Monroe Place suits our needs just a bit better. Thank you!

We are pretty happy with them.

It's a nice community, and very clean. One of the reasons I picked it was the friendliness of the staff, as well as the administrative staff, they are very good. They have a pretty full schedule of activities, my loved one probably can't participate in some of it due to her condition. This isn't strictly an Alzheimer's facility, but they do try to keep my loved one busy, and they are trying to add more activities for those with Alzheimer's. Most of the residents are older than my loved one, and she tends to gravitate towards the staff for socialization as they are younger, and they are great with that. The food seems to be good. There really isn't anything I would like to see improved or done better, we are pretty happy with them.

They have been so compassionate and w...

They have been so compassionate and welcoming to my mother. One major thing that I have noticed is that when any of them pass one of the people living there they always speak and smile to them, using their name. I never saw that at the previous Assisted Living place that my mother was living at. It was easier for them to just look down and walk by. It was disrespectful to those living there. I am so pleased at how things are going.

I would like to see them incorporate more music therapy into their program. At meal times it is so quiet, I think they would maybe liven up a little with soft background music playing.

One week review

After being told that my mother needed too much help by having to have a nurse give her meds twice a day at another local Assisted Living Facility, my siblings & I took a full day to visit several of the other facilities in our town. I would not recommend any other to anyone. I think my mother is in a safe, caring place. I have talked to other family members of several others that are staying there and several seem to have been there for 2 1/2 - 3 years and they are happy with it so far. Only one person told me that they thought the carpets needed to be cleaned in the apartments at least once every 3-4 months. We have only been there one week and my mother's apartment is very lovely and clean. Everyone that I have met seems to have a smile on their face and they speak to all of the people that are living there (using their name). They seem to be very compasionate and genuine. Check back with me in 6 months and hopefully I will have more great things to say.

Assisted Living,very impressive, lots...

Assisted Living,very impressive, lots of amenities, small rooms. 18X20 room largest, 3200.00 monthly.

Brookdale Bloomington is an assisted living community in Bloomington, Indiana. Bloomington is a thriving city, home to Indiana University and located just an hour from downtown Indianapolis. Our quaint city boasts All-American, small town charm with all the amenities of big city living and an abundance of educational opportunities through Indiana University. Our community is ideally located near East Fork Jackson Creek, just minutes from the Internal Medicine Association Hospital.

Residents at Brookdale Bloomington enjoy private apartment accommodations complete with a kitchenette, individually controlled heating and air and wall to wall carpeting. Our services and amenities work together to provide holistic care that encourages residents. Services and amenities offered at Brookdale Bloomington include:

A home-like community specifically designed to meet the needs of those with limited mobility
Beauty salon and barber shop
Outdoor courtyard, walking paths and garden
Sunroom for year round enjoyment
Scheduled transportation services
Daily activities and programs that enrich the lives of residents
Personal housekeeping and laundry services

Our community is relaxing and inviting, offering customized personal care services to help seniors thrive. The dedicated staff at Brookdale Bloomington is available around the clock to help with needs or to lend a listening ear. We value the independence and individuality, celebrating the unique personality of each resident.