Brookdale White Chapel - Newark, DE

Nice facility, very clean and friendly staff. Felt a little cold and business like more so than a family atmosphere, may have been the timing of the visit but there were not many residents out and about. Might need to go back at a different time to observe. Pricing was competitive and also offered discounts.

A visit for mom and dad.

I was happy with the care that my parents received for a short stay. The community was clean and the staff was very nice. We did find that the community was a little disorganized. My parents stated that they did not always know if what they ordered would be available.The menu needs some small improvements and they need to make sure that the food does come out at a good time. The activities that they participated in were good .We would over recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Mom is Well in This Community

Everything is working out pretty well for my mother with her move to this community. It is a nice facility, and I'am comfortable with her living here. They have a great staff, and they have been kind, and helpful when needed. The only thing that could use some improvement is that food, especially the desserts. Other than that issue they do a good job with everything else. I know she is safe, and in good hands in this community. I would recommend it.

My impression from our visit was that it was very clean and colorful. A lot of effort is made to entertain resident. Very inviting place.

Great Tour

Great tour of this community.

Nice Place!!

I have no big complaints about this community other than they did meet the needs we needed to move in financially. They said that they needed past six months of income but my mother had not yet received her benefits yet so that was not possible.

Like that they have 16 Medicaid beds. Like the dining room and common areas. Liked the size of the rooms.
Think the long hallways and elevator would make it a challenge for mom to get to meals and activities to truly benefit from the wonderful services you have available.
Not comfortable with the a la crate services of care plan. Too confusing and uncertain for budgeting.

One of my top picks!

I liked this community and the staff was very nice! It was a pleasant experience.

Not what we were looking for...

It was a long time ago that I toured the Brookdale White Chapel but from what I remember, the place was nice but it was too much of a corporation type of place. WE wanted something more cost effective with a more homelike feel to it.

Adjusted Well to this Community

My mother has adjusted very well to this community. She is doing very well, and I'am pleased with her move here. She has gotten involved in the community with the activities they have available. I haven't had any problem with the staff, they are always willing to help. The dining room is restaurant style. The meals are good, and they have a nice variety of food too choose from. They are providing her with great care. This is a community I would recommend, it has worked out very well for us.

Thank you!

The nursing director and the staff are outstanding. They have been so helpful and understanding with helping my loved one transition. I love the activities that they offer and that was the main reason why I picked this place. I just feel that my loved one needs a smaller community and community with diversity. Also the prices have dramatically changed.

We are happy with the care!!

The community is clean and well cared for. The staff are nice and we have good communication with them. I like the food however my mother in law does not seem to like it. They offer daily activities that she likes to participate in. I would recommend Brookdale White Chapel.

Informative Guide!!

Brookdale White Chapel has available transportation available. The activities offered are on site and off site. The staff were nice and made sure that i was getting right information about what they offered. I did notice that everything was in place and the meal plans that i saw sound healthy. The layout was good and very easy to figure out.

Brookdale White Chapel gets 5 stars!!

There is a good variety of food choices and my Father in law seems to like the food. The staff have always been helpful and are there to answer our questions. He likes to go on some of the outings and participates in some of the daily activities offered. I would recommend this clean community.

Nice facility. Life alert system for each patient is great to communicate need to nurse. Phyllis is not indecent enough to be here per nurse evaluation.

My mom is happy.

I am really impressed with the quality and variety of food, as well as the variety and amount of activities being very good. Communication with the administrative department could have been a little better. There was some initial confusion. My mom is happy. The other residents seem to be very welcoming and friendly. Overall I would give them a four and a half.

main meal is at lunch time

I like it at Brookdale White Chapel. Nothing is perfect. The food has been an issue. The main meal is at lunch time and that is not what we were expecting. Other than that we are very happy with this facility.

Nice place

Our experience with Brookdale White Chapel has only been a brief one, but I was very impressed with their service throughout the whole move-in process. I was visiting from out of state helping my loved one find a place, and Brookdale really went out of their way to make sure everything went speedily and smoothly. The staff here are friendly and professional, and from what I have seen the facility is well kept and clean.

Seemed like a nice place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Brookdale While Chapel seemed like a very nice place overall, and was definitely somewhere I would consider as an option. The staff seem friendly and professional, and for the most part the facility was well kept and clean. The carpets downstairs were not in great shape, but they told me that they were due for their quarterly deep clean fairly soon.

Great Facility

This community is a great atmosphere and awesome how they run their assisted living. They are on top of everything and always letting families know on any concern they have. They have good food also snack machine if the residents want a snack they can.There is a lot of activities. I couldnt be more happy that we chose this place.

I Would Definitely Recommend Them

My mom was there only for two days but in that time the staff was caring and the facility was very clean. My mother required more care than this facility could provide is why she is no longer there.

Dad's new journey

The White Chapel Staff are truly wonderful people. Helpful, caring, friendly and willing to work with new residents and their family to adjust to their new environment. I cannot say enough on how cooperative and understanding the staff at White Chapel have helped ME with the transition of placing my father in their facility. Several people have commented that a right decision was made for the wellbeing of my father and after 2 weeks, I believe they are right. He is moving around more, having people around his own age gives him opportunities to talk and tell stories, things he was not doing at home. Thank you ALL!

Mom's Care

The management worked with me to get my mom a place very quickly. In return I was able to take care of other issues.
I think the care is outstanding and made affordable for my mothers care. I would recomend that you check out there services first and you won;t go any further.

Review of Emeritus at White Chapel Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Newark, DE

Fabulous!!!! Very nice well thought out facility without the nursing home smell, nice bedrooms we loved it!!

It's very clean, and the staff is very friendly.

It's very clean, and the staff is very friendly. The food varies depending on personal taste, but the residents can ask for other things if they don't like what's on the menu. The meal times are not flexible, they are on a certain schedule. They have responded to some requests to offer things that my loved one likes. They have a good variety of food, and they rotate the menus on a five week cycle. I see some issues in communicating with family, figuring out who to talk to, for which issues can be challenging. Everyone on the staff pitches in when needed, but the staff is a little over worked, and I think the weekends are a little more under-staffed. We liked the options that were available for the rooms here. They had a couple of different layouts.

great assisted living location

Wonderful, caring staff and great accommodations!

Beautiful community

My loved one would have felt uncomfortable because of the level of the clientele. The residents seem come from a moneyed background. Everything was very nice, very clean. The staff seemed very professional and kind. The food was excellent.

Smaller community

Their fees seem fair. My loved one doesn’t use a lot of the activities yet. I really do think that it’s a nice community. My loved one is in the memory care unit. The memory care is a smaller unit. It’s very easy for the staff to keep in touch with the people. I like the smaller scale operation. It was conveniently located for us, which is part of why we selected it.

The response time, to concerns and requests could be improved.

It's pretty clean, and the staff is mostly friendly. The response time, to concerns and requests could be improved. There could be a little more variety in the menu, and sometimes the food is a little, mushy, I hear.

My Mom choice at Emeritus.

My was feeling very lonely in her home plus she was going to have a hip replacement. She was suffering from depression and anxiety. Before her surgery, she spent a week at Emeritus to see how it was. After her surgery and rehab, she moved into Emeritus.
Her depression and anxiety seems to be under control. She has made friends and participates in the many activities, plus she goes "right next door" to the Newark Senior Center to do the activities she has been doing there for five years.
I think my mother made a good decision to go to Emeritus.

Everyone was very friendly and the place is clean.

Everyone was very friendly and the place is clean. They have a doctor on staff that sees the patients once a week and a psychiatrist that comes in once a month. Our family member is in the memory care unit and there are games and karaoke and they seem to keep them active. We chose Emeritus at White Chapel because there were only about sixteen people in the memory care unit and we felt that she would get a good level of care with enough attention.

Clean and Friendly

They don't do custom meals for the clients needs. I chose this community because it was recommended and the cleanliness of it. Kind of expensive. Lots of activities.

Residents didn't Have a Spark

I thought that the policies were good. It generally sounded like a good place. I work in the carpentry field and the maintenance was not good, though. Paint didn't look so crisp, etc. The people were all in wheelchairs - it didn't seem like they were living life to the best of their ability. They didn't seem to have as much of a spark to them. It is a multistory unit and you had to use an elevator, which I didn't like.

Great place

I haven't gone anywhere here where I felt like something needed attention and my father in law is very happy there as well. They're helpful, they're inviting, they're [removed] my father in law has fallen a couple of times and they've called right away, when theres questions about medications they call to make sure everyone's on the same page. They invite our family to dinners and other events as well and if you ever need anything you can find someone in the hallways and they'll help. Im not too involved in the financial end of it but from what I hear from my brother in law the price is comparable to others. The have an alert necklace that they wear so if they ever need anyone they push a button and someone's there. They have all kinds of activities and services available as well and my father in law is very happy there.

Dark and dreary, no staff v...

Dark and dreary, no staff visible. No activity in the memory care unit at all. One resident walking up and down the hall looking for her daughter.

Nice place.

Nice place.

Audry gave us a tour. The property is...

Audry gave us a tour. The property is wonderful. This could be a great choice.

Loved the buiding and the set up. Ou...

Loved the buiding and the set up. Our tour was great and very informative.

we liked it

we liked it

We offer a home like setting and cheerful smiles from our professional staff who greet you everyday. Our caring staff offers the assistance you need while respecting your independence.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.