Pine Trails at Castle Rock - Castle Rock, CO

Great place!

Toured this community for my wife, all staff was present and friendly. The facility looks brand new and clean. Every employee a passed stopped to greet me. There were activities going and the food looked amazing! I will be placing my wife here as soon as I am set and ready. Thank you Pine Trails staff for making this easy and comforting.

Great location. This is assisted living. rooms are small, but perfect for 1 individual. Staff is great. Nice, patient, and understanding of your needs.

Pine Trails at Castle Rock

Pine Trails is a great community because it’s small and quiet. The rooms are spacious, and they have large bathroom facilities. The community is clean and tidy too. Everything I see is clean. The staff is very nice and knowledgeable, and they really care about the residents. They know everyone on a first name basis, and they really work hard to make residents and families feel comfortable. The food is edible, nutritious, and the people preparing the food really are willing to accommodate the residents’ needs. I would definitely recommend Pine Trails. As long as my wife is happy, and we are happy, we’ll stay.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I was very impressed with the procedures that the staff uses to provide appropriate care to individual residents. The facility is good.

Metzler Memory Care is a nice community!

This community is reasonably priced for what you get and it is all inclusive. The staff are very pleasant and very good. They offer daily activities and the community is clean. This small 48 bed community is about half full. The community is well designed for memory care residents as it is a square around a center courtyard. I would recommend this community.

My Visit To The Community!!

The staff I met during my tour were nice and knowledgable. I just did not feel this was the right place. The residents were a lot older and less mobile. They offered private rooms and we were not looking for this. The community seemed clean.

We appreciate the caring and loving staff

Both of my parents have been at Metzler for almost two years now; having come from a Nursing Home facility near Parker Co.
I cannot tell you how pleased I am that we made the change from there to Metzler....the staff here has been so good with them. That to me is the most important thing I could ask for: care givers who CARE, and who are unfailingly kind, sympathetic and understanding. Never once have I called to find out how mom and dad are doing; or to ask one of the CNA's to "go check on them" have I had anything but prompt and willing assistance! Completely opposite from the "attitude" I got from the previous Nursing Home!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking such wonderful care of my mom and dad.

great place...so glad we moved Mom here.

Could Provide More Hands-On Service

Well I definitely think that the staff members working there could provide more hands-on service with the residents staying there and specifically my loved one. Overall, Metzler Memory Care is a decent place.

Gotten a lot better

Actually, this place has gotten a lot better than it was. It was taken over by someone else. The level of care is better and the food is better. The staff is patient and kind. They seem to be working on it.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your feedback. Our top priority is delivering the best quality services and care for our residents. We are focused on continuous improvement and staff development and training. I’m glad to see that our efforts are driving improvements. The entire team is committed to continuing this positive trend. Christina Hill, Executive Director [removed]

Metzler memory care

Never put your loved ones here!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We find it unfortunate that you were not satisfied with our services as we pride ourselves on our family environment. Please feel free to visit us or give us a call so that we can discuss any other concerns that you may have. We care how you feel and want to improve. Thank you.

Christina Hill
Executive Director
[removed]

Very pleased

Most, if not all, of these reviews were written before the new owners took over. Senior Lifestyle is a family owned company out of Illinois. When they took over Metzler there was a significant improvement in communication, food, care, etc. I am very happy with the care that both my parents received at this facility. Staff is extremely nice and accommodating with the residents. Most Alzheimer's patients can be extremely difficult to deal with - my mom was no exception. But the care she received eased a heavy burden from my shoulders that I carried over from another facility. Mom has since passed but Dad remains and is well cared for. Food is really good when you compare with other facilities. You must keep in mind that that food is prepared differently for this type of resident. And in all likelihood - the average adult won't like it. It is heavily seasoned and fortified. The goal is calories - and they are plentiful! My main concern is turnover - though not as bad as the last place my parents were at - it still happens.

The people were nice, but the accommodations were closet size & the carpets were dirty.

Senior Lifestyle

We are disappointed to learn of your experience at Metzler Memory Care. It is our top priority to deliver exceptional services not only to our residents but also to potential residents, their families and all visitors that come through our doors.

Our goal is to always meet and exceed the highest of all expectations.

Please feel free to contact me directly on why we failed to deliver and meet your expectations and how we can improve.

Paul Harrison
Executive Director
[removed]

really good positive attitude

They have a really good positive attitude and outlook, and that comes through in how they treat both the residents and their families.

I do feel that there could be more frequent cleaning of the bathrooms and such. They are cleaned about once a week and I think it should be more.

Other than that it has been a good experience and I would highly recommend Metzler Memory Care.

High Turn Over and Broken Bones

High staff turn over, tons of falls and broken bones. Has the potential to be a nice facility but falls short

They did such a good job, we had to stay long term.

This was going to be temporary placement, but they did such a good job, that we kept her there. They have a good patient to caregiver ratio. The price is reasonable and they do such a good job. Everyone is nice and they take good care of her. They have a great nutritionist and the food is wonderful, and they help her eat, too. It's a memory care facility, there are two floors, and they have both men and women.

This facility is horrible! Dont move ...

This facility is horrible! Dont move your loved one there! The food is horrible the supervision is poor im sure due to lack of staff, the turnover rate is extremly high, the new director they speak so highly of has no experiance in dealing with dementia/alzheimers and they should even question her nursing skills and her ability to even manage a place like this. There is so much more I could add about this facility but I will it at I am so thankful my mother no longer lives there!

Very Happy

We have had our father in this facility for over a month and have been incredibly pleased with this facility. The director is extremely responsive and proactive. The care is top notch.