Cantril House - Castle Rock, CO

Cantril House - Castle Rock, CO has yet not published prices.

I See They Are Getting New Staff

Everything is fine for my mom as a resident of the community. So far, so good. The care is good and I have noticed they have new staff coming in. They seem like they are getting trained well.

Could Have Been Perfect For Us!

There is a lot of good to say about Valley House and the Castle Country Assisted Living facilities. They have so many wonderful amenities, so many wonderful people, and a great atmosphere. We love the facilities guy, Bob, the management staff was very kind, we had great interactions with residents and so MANY people. A physician's assistant visits the facility, a hairdresser, and a foot care man--so many great things. The food was great too--residents at the facility are even asked on a regular basis for their opinions and ideas.

I wish I could offer a better review. We were very excited to have my grandma join the Castle Country Assisted Living family; we got all of our ducks in a row, we forwarded all necessary medical papers, we even verbally cleared Grandma to bring a pet along. The on-staff nurse spoke with my mother about Grandma's abilities to dress herself, go to the bathroom, etc. and assumed that everything was in order.

Unfortunately, after ONE night at this facility, we were told that staff was (unexpectedly?) allergic to cats AND that since Grandma was shaking at lunch she was "not a right fit" for this facility. Also cited her past falls as a reason for Grandma "not being a good fit". Basically, after moving my grandmother across the country, we were told we weren't welcome in these facilities. It was very disappointing. Staff is attempting to help us find another facility for grandma, but it really would have been easier if we knew before we moved across the country that she would be excluded for a tremor and that, even though they say they are pet friendly, they are hiring people with common pet allergies.

Since 1991, Castle Country Assisted Living, a 501(c)3 non-profit, has offered assisted living and services to the valued elder citizens of Douglas County. With three homes spread across Castle Rock and Parker, CCAL supports seniors in continuing their independent lifestyle, while providing expert care in a family, home-like setting.