Maple Leaf Assisted Living and Memory Care - Seattle, WA

Maple Leaf Assisted Living and Memory Care - Seattle, WA has yet not published prices.

Mom is adjusting

Mom is here in the assisted living side It seems to be nice and clean. They have an issue with chronically being short staffed. Which then leads to longer wait times after the call button is pushed. And sometimes she has to wait over an hour to get food. She gets 3 good meals a day. She will enjoy the daily activities sometimes. I would recommend to others.

Mixed feelings

I have my mom here and the lack of care from the caregivers is the one thing that I am worried about. Although this is a great place I'm hoping things can change. It takes sometimes 45 minutes to get someone to come help after the button is pushed. My mom fell in her kitchen and she pushed the call alert button then lost consciousness and was there on the floor for an hour. So I am working with [Removed] who is the supervisor over the caregivers to get these issues resolved. I would still recommend this community it is nice and clean and the people are friendly here and the management team is amazing and attentive with requests or complaints. Mom has a 1 bedroom apartment in the assisted living. The food is fair and if you get there late you may get something else but not the main dish. The med staff is incredible and awesome with mom. There is one caregiver that is amazing her name is Karen and everyone loves her but she is sick right now so we miss her. The maintenance is great and polite. And gets request done in a timely manner. I have confidence the things that are wrong can and will be fixed.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. I thought the assisted living part was great. There was a very small confining place for the memory care. I would rate that a 2.3 or 3. Parking here is non existent. My brother would've been in just a room with no locks on the door and no privacy at all. Just not a good fit for him.

Mom loves it here

They really listen to our concerns and making sure they are met. Super supportive of me and my mom. All the staff and residents truly are concerned about her well being. The food here is inviting dining room is nice and clean.It helps my mom stay regular with lots of fresh veggies and a good variety. People seem really happy here they only thing I would say they could improve on is cleaning her apartment more and linens more times a week.

It was ok nice place the person I was supposed to have the tour with was not there she had a medical thing but I'm thinking about it wanting to visit sunrise of Edmonds when will they have an opening.

Needs to follow through with promises!!

First off I want to compliment the dinning room staff at this community. The chef does an amazing job with the meals and the ladies who take care of the residents at meal time could not do a better job. They have been wonderful to my loved one in that aspect and I am thankful for that. I will say that sales guy who gave us our pitch had promised us the moon and more and that has not been the story since my relative made the move. I feel like the staff are in a hurry all of the time and when the bell is rung for help it takes forever to get some assistance. The staff are very hit or miss at this place and I am just not happy with the overall experience at all. I have observed that if you are by your self and are not a hundred percent mobile to do things on your own this is not the place for you in my opinion.

Excellent Staff

We toured for the care that was needed to assist my husband. The staff are outstanding and were kind. We liked the cleanliness of the community. They offer great meals from the menu. Activities are offered for the residents who are able to participate. The staff went out of their way to be able to help us. We would have liked everything that they offered, but the value was not what we could do.

Large Community

We had a rocky start at the beginning where the communication was not the best with the nursing staff. We are working on resolving the issue. The rest of the staff is wonderful. They are very caring and attentive to my mom's care needs. They are a little understaffed, but they are working on that issue. The community host a wide range of ages of the residents. The activities director is great, and mom is making a lot of friends. She enjoys participating in the activities they provide. They also have a van that takes them on outside excursions. There are ramps in the community that are not manual wheelchair accesible in some areas. There are three towers of buildings and on one of them they have a nice outdoor area on the second floor and you can go out onto a patio where there are raised garden beds, tables, and cushioned chairs. Someone with a manual wheelchair can't make it out there. The food is really good with a lot of variety. They don't offer a light menu, but you can just eat the healthy items. They are very welcoming to our family when we come to visit. It is very clean and well-kept, the common areas are very upscale. I would recommend this community to others who did not need a lot of medical assistance.

I very much live here. I especially like the activities. I would like more craft projects to do. The staff is very friendly here.

This is my home. Why "don't fix if it isn't broken"?
I am satisfied.

This is the 2nd community I have lived in. I am really happy here. I have made a lot of friends. The people here are awesome and very helpful.

Not my favorite!

Mapel Leaf Assisted Living was a nice community but it was not all one level. There were a lot of wheelchair ramps and I just did not see that working out well for my loved one. It was not the best fit.

Not The Best Of My Tours

When I toured this community we had a professional guide but I was concerned when we saw the Memory Care unit. The staff were not actively engaging with the residents. I noticed a staff member was on their cell phone. It did not seems as clean and it had an unpleasant smell.

Excellent!

Excellent...staff is helpful and friendly. Food is excellent with a variety of meals. Especially impressed with Judith, waitress, in the dining room. Moving in was a breeze and staff was available whenever needed. Parking was always available. Value for your money. Location on main street, but my uncle has no desire to leave the premises. Amanda in sales took care of moving my uncles bulky items since I live in Hawaii.

A Decent Community

This is a decent community for a nice rate and I am pleased with all they have done for us. The community is really nice and very clean. The staff is great, they are very kind and helpful. There are activities for the residents to participate in when they are ready. She enjoys the meals, and the dining area. They are caring for my mother well and that is why I recommend it.

A Loving Retirement Community

Kimberly and the entire staff at Maple Leaf made my cousin's transition to this care facility very easy. They are all knowledgeable, friendly, warm and helpful. The people living at the Maple Leaf are also very inviting and friendly. We love this experience and when I am in need of this type of care the Maple Leaf will be the first place on my list.

Kennedy's Outstanding experience at Maple Leaf

The Staff at Stratford Maple Leaf are outstanding. They make all of the residents feel comfortable and welcome. I watched several of the staff members teach residents different games and spend additional time getting them settled.

This is an outstanding place for elders. I would highly recommend the Maple Leaf to any friends and relatives looking for a retirement home for family.

A Great Service

We had a bunch of different workers and they all did very well with the care my loved one needed. She is hard of hearing though, so when people come who have heavier accents, it is hard for her to communicate with them. Also some were allergic to the pets, so that would be something to ask before they send someone out. Some of the workers were wonderful though.

The food is great at Stratford At Maple Leaf. There is plenty of entertainment there to choose from. The value is pretty good compared to some other places. Overall everything is going really well at this facility.

Friendly, caring staff

It's an overwhelming thing to move, and downsizing has been difficult. Overall things are going okay, things are pretty clean, and the staff seem to be friendly, and caring. There really haven't been any issues worth mentioning.

Karen Colangelo is amazing. She is very knowledgeable and based upon her presentation my Dad would be in good hands at Stratford. I had placed Stratford at the top of my list after seeing the first 3 Assisted Living facilities. The facility was very clean and professional looking. After seeing 6 different Assisted Living facilities, my Dad indicated that he wanted a nice garden area to be able to walk in when he felt inclined to go outside. He loves to read and play his concertina and at The Summit where he currently resides they have a beautiful atrium with views of Union Lake. Dad planted a tree in that atrium in memory of my Mom. Unfortunately, Stratford lacks that beautiful view and the outdoor courtyard is rather stark. The activities on-going at Stratford did not appear as engaging to me, as what we saw at Ballard and Ida Culver Broadview, but that may have been the result of the time of the day that we went on a tour. The price point for a one bedroom apartment would have been ideal for us, allowing plenty of room financially for added services. I ranked this facility a close second, but I want to emphasize that Karen Colangelo is terrific. Should we need to select a fine assisted living facility at a little lower price point, The Stratford would be our choice.

Just wish the neighborhood were more walkable. Otherwise this is a grat place. Very friendly and suitable for our fairly young Family member.

Review of Stratford At Maple Leaf Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Seattle, WA

This place was clean, with nice apartments and a nice patio. I was unable to get much sense of the assisted living services, and the nurse supervisor is apparently new. Also seems a little more cost effective than some. Saw exercise equip and a coffee bistro in lobby. Concerned about it being on a busy street. Memory care area seemed a dark, but clean and well appointed.

It's very good.

It's very good. We don't have any complaints or concerns. Stratford at Maple Leaf is just a very good place.

My Dreamy Stratford Experience

I was having lots of problems trying to find an assisted-living facility that would consider me at age 55.5 yrs old. Through commercials on channels whose general audience is over 50, there was an ad with Joan Lunden and her mom advertising an organization called 'A Place For Mom'. Weeks later, I finally called. I was set up with analyst, Cindy Nelson. She found the Stratford at Maple Leaf for me to tour mid-March. I toured here on one of my 3 dialysis days so expected to only be here for 1 hour. Well, 3+ hours later, I knew that this was the place. The warmth of Bryant, Marketing Director, Allyson, Concierge, Jeff, Maintenance Engineer& later Heinz, the Stratford's Director, I felt so welcomed the layout of the lobby/common areas look like a Grand Hotel in the movies! The various room sizes are affordable for various incomes. The delicious food is created daily by world-class professionally-trained chef, Brenda. She puts great thought & creativity into each meal as she thinks of the palates of the many Stratford residents , potential residents & guests. Heinz, Director & Bryant are involved with staff, contractors, residents, potential residents, continuously, dealing with daily business, resolving any issues right away, investing extra time with keeping this place running as a 5 STAR Assisted-Living Facility.

I could be called an impetuous lass of 55.5 years, so as I'm trying to throw our $$ to Bryant to move in as soon as possible, he wouldn't just let me, there are rules to follow. Good! I filled out an application with all of my pertinent information on the top half. He then faxed the sheet my nephrologist at the UWMC & it was back so quickly all filled out & signed, that I just put down a deposit just to hold the apartment I wanted for a month. The nurses, CNAs, dining room and kitchen staff are A-100%. The Activities Staff, Devon , Jane & Taylor somehow manage to mix up the days with various activities for various ages, average age = 89, yet at 55.5 years old, with 43 yrs of Lupus, 2 failed kidney Xplants, numerous surgeries, defying death most of my life, I'm still a very positive, happy & zany person. Staff & residents etc., tell me that they can see that I love the people here, staff & residents alike.

Also, I had many friends visit, review on line, etc., to make sure that I wasn't jumping into something too-good-to-be true!! Well it's all too good but it's all true!! I'm living the last half of my life retired & in a beautiful real-life dream. BTW, my daddy & step-mom stay Arizona from October to May. When they learned that I was moving here April 29th, looked it up, talked with Bryant, then had her siblings immediately move their mom out of Merrill Gardens, Monroe who had been leaving her on floor nor checking on her & bad food, different ball game here

Location to close to busy t...

Location to close to busy traffic, no view

Nice dinning room & bistro set up on ...

Nice dinning room & bistro set up on main floor, opens onto lake city way-no easy walking.

I think I liked this one best of all....

I think I liked this one best of all. Really like that my mom could be in the same building as my dad. She would just be an elevator rise away from visiting him.

for couples we have to rent two apart...

for couples we have to rent two apartments and have one be the bedroom and one be the living room. They were very nice. I do think two apartments for memory care patients is confusing.

Maple Leaf Assisted Living & Memory Care is Seattle’s newest premier retirement community. We offer a wide range of programming and activities to enhance the retirement years of Seattle’s seniors. We have beautiful studio, one, and two bedroom apartments, lovely terraced landscaping, and incredible activities’ areas including a billiards room, a bistro and a lively club room for games and fellowship.