Northgate Plaza - Seattle, WA

The facility is smaller than others I looked at, very well laid out and filled with natural light. The studio room is OK. Manager raves about the food. Activity calendar was appropriate and varied. Selling point was the active senior population I saw there, which would assure my parent of a high level of astute and varied social interaction. No one was asleep in chairs in common areas. There is the very limited outdoor seating areas, but it's right across the street from a city park, and within walking distance of a library and a shopping mall. Their staff maintained contact with me post-visit, more so than the other facilities I have toured thus far.

Admission process was efficient, kind and professional

I would like to thank [name removed] and [name removed] and the staff at Northgate Plaza. The admission process was thorough, thoughtful, informative and most of all "kind and genuine". [name removed] meet with us first and gave us a tour, invited us to have a meal and showed us a few apartments that were coming available. After the tour we were able to talk about our options and costs. We talked about the residents, staff and community at great length. After a day of weighing the pros and cons we decided to continue with the admission process at Northgate Plaza.

Then [name removed] stepped in as [name removed] was out of town due to a company meeting. [name removed] was amazing because we wanted to move quickly as we were in the process of selling the condo. So, [name removed] rolled up her sleeves and alerted the staff to make it happen. She was able to get all the doctors forms, the resident nurse scheduled for an interview and all the necessary paperwork. She was amazing and the move happened in 4 days! Thanks to the entire team at Northgate Plaza. You rock!

Enjoyed our time with [Removed] and really liked the Northgate Plaza. However, felt it is too close to the city street atmosphere.

Really Enjoying Our Stay Here

So far my husband and I are really enjoying our stay here.This is just a temporary situation until our condo is done but so far we like it here. There are so many things to do here bingo, happy hour exercise classes it's wonderful. The food hasn't been that great but passable.
The one thing that we don't like is the inside is under a remodel construction so it can be noisy at times and disruptive.
I really like the residents here they are easy to get along with and the staff is wonderful very nice.

A Good Place But Training the Staff Is Needed

We had some terrible experiences. They caregivers are unprofessional and not knowledgeable. I found it very shocking that I knew more about the medications and they mixed up his medication regimen. I noticed the director is mostly unavailable and I found that the staff complained a lot about her not being there too. Everything else about the community was fine.

A good fit!

My mother is doing very well since her move into Northgate Plaza. The place is clean and accommodating, but the deciding factor was location. It is close to my home and close to where she wanted to stay.

Friendly staff!

When I toured Northgate Plaza, I thought it was a nice place. The tour guide was on time and gave me a lot of good information. I had a good experience touring, but it did not for my loved one's needs as good as other communities.

The facility was clean and the residents looked happy. I liked the atmosphere and could picture my parents living there. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

Short-term assisted living

My 95 y.o. mother is using Northgate Plaza as a short-term assisted living while she gets 6 weeks of medical treatment. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating. The other residents are open and welcoming. Best of all, the food is restaurant-quality, with many delicious choices.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We're pleased to be of service to your mother and grateful to hear she enjoyed her short-term stay. We'll be sure to share your compliments with our chef -- we're glad to hear you enjoyed dining with us.

Super wait staff

Dining room super wait staff [Removed] is always helpful. She always asks about residents that are ill and worries about those who aren't eating.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

At MBK we endeavor to complete each task – large or small – with a passion for excellence and genuine desire to exceed the expectations our residents. Thank you for letting us know that our caring dining room associates at Northgate Plaza are fulfilling that mission!

Dining Room Experience

The wait staff in the Northgate Plaza dining room create a warm, pleasant, and fun atmosphere every day. They help not only the residents but each other and treat everyone with respect. The staff knew us by name and immediately bring us our "usuals" such as fresh fruit and ice tea. (They also quickly help residents having a meltdown with a smart phone that is temporarily smarter than they are!) We love them.

[Removed] is an excellent leader for the staff.

[Removed] is warm and fun.

[Removed] is works wonders with cranky, inappropriate residents.

Kacie T.

My sister, Andrea [Removed], invited my wife and I to have lunch with her today. The staff person who waited on us was Kacie [Removed] Her smile, positive attitude, and care for others really made my day. The way she took care of the gentleman sitting at a table near us, cutting his meat, catering to his every concern deserves special recognition.
She is a shining star. She certainly reflects greatly on Northgate Plaza.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

At MBK we endeavor to complete each task – large or small – with a passion for excellence. Thank you for your kind words about your experience and letting me know that our experienced caring associates at Northgate Plaza are fulfilling that mission!

Everyone is extremely friendly

The Northgate Plaza is a nice place. Everyone is extremely friendly, the residents and the staff. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. The facility has a nice and clean atmosphere. The value is excellent for the services that you receive here. They offer activities. It has been a positive experience. This is an excellent community. We haven't had any issues or anything negative happen. It has been great.

Super friendly staff and residents! Extremely helpful and very accommodating

I enjoyed visiting, and having lunch, at Northgate Plaza Merrill Gardens. I really love the friendly staff, and the access to a park across the street. I will contact them when and if I sell my house. It is in a neighborhood which I could enjoy, walking distance to Northgate Shopping Mall.

Good Price

The care is good and the activities are good too. We haven't been there that long but it's working out so far. We chose them for the price - it's a good deal.

Mom likes it very well, but Dad is st...

Mom likes it very well, but Dad is still unconvinced. He does not understand the benefit of location and services all in one place, since others have been caring for him for 10 years at home.

Northgate Plaza’s location offers convenient access to the Northgate Mall, restaurants, cultural and medical centers, and much more. With Interstate 5 just minutes away, you can also enjoy all the pleasures of metropolitan Seattle. Our apartment-style community offers all of the amenities of a home without the work. Imagine a life without household chores, yard work or home maintenance. Invite guests to a meal, special event or social outing. With our activities program, scheduled transportation and much more – there are opportunities to make new friends or entertain old ones right outside your front door.