Merrill Gardens at First Hill - Seattle, WA

Better than being at Grandmas!
Staff A+
Food A+
Accomodations A+
Extremely well cared for A++
Just perfect!

We love Merrill Gardens

Amazing community. I love the mixed community feel of this location.

We chose this program for our Mother. It offered the type of programs that would offer our Mom a very attractive facility, good menu, and strong staff. In visiting each time, we noted the activities constantly present for residents. It was one of the facilities that seemed to walk their talk; demonstrating their ability to keep residents engaged in their environment. We were especially attracted to the diversity of not only staff but also the residents. In looking at all of the programs, the populations diversity was what helped to cement our decision.

All My Wants In A Community

The move in went very well and I am changing apartments to a larger one. I am happy with everything from the meals to the residents. There is diversity here with a good atmosphere. I like that they have indoor parking, it will make a difference when the weather changes.

I Liked Seeing The Staff Engaging

The tour I had here showed me that the staff are engaged and concerned about their residents. They were professional and helpful. I was well organized.

Nice Tour of This Community

I had a good tour of this community. It is nice place. The community looked nice and clean. The staff was kind and friendly. Everyone was very nice too my family and myself. My tour went well.

I really loved this facility. I actually put down a refundable deposit to hold an apt. They are not sure if Wayne is assisted living or memory care. They do not have an memory care rooms open now but do have them in new Ballard location which is not ideal but could work. I gave them the go ahead for an assessment of Wayne so they can figure out monthly costs.

Amanda Warren

We are so happy to hear that you loved Merrill Gardens. This feedback is wonderful to receive. Please let us know if we can offer anything additional at this time.

An ok community!!

The staff we met during our tour were lovely. We like this community, however they would have wanted mom to be in the memory care unit and she was not ready for this move. The community seemed clean. We did not like the layout of the room we were shown. They had a more restrictive food plan compared to the community we chose which has a more open dining policy.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for telling us about your experience. It sounds like you found another option that is a good fit for your mom. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Caring Community

This community is clean and maintained. The care and safety is here always. My mom likes the meals provided, it is tasty and good quality. She also likes to go on scenic drives and other activities offered here. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Amanda Warren

We are so glad to hear that your mom enjoys the food and activities. We work hard to provide a great environment for residents so this is a wonderful review to receive.

Mom is still adjusting to living at Merrill Gardens!!

Mom lives in the independent living area of this community. She gets along with the entire staff and Patrick the activities director is lovely. She has had a few minor issues with communication with a few of the wait staff but they are working in improving this. The community is clean and they keep it sterilized. This is a smaller community and the food is good. I would recommend this community.

Amanda Warren

We are happy to receive this positive review about your mom's experience at Merrill Gardens. Please let us know if there is anything additional we can do.

Merrill Gardens at First Hill is a nice place!!

My dad was at this community for about a month before he had to go into the hospital. Once he improves he will be going back to his apartment. The food is fine and I would give it a 4. I am not able to speak about the activities as he is in the memory care unit and I am not sure what they offer. The community is clean and well maintained.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We are glad to hear that Merrill Gardens has been a good community for your dad. Please let us know if there is anything additional we can do for you or your dad.

Not confident with their care.

I was not confident with the care of my father while at Merrill Gardens at First Hill. I have since moved him back home. Their food was okay but the food for family members to join them at meals was expensive. I only saw people watching TV, no activities. I would tell others to really consider if they want to put a loved one in a nursing home before doing so.

I thought the staff are very friendly and professional

Amanda Warren

Thank you for providing us with this review. We are so pleased to hear that you found our team at Merrill Gardens at First Hill to be friendly and professional. Please don't hesitate to contact us with additional feedback or any questions.

Pretty Great

It really was pretty great. They were really welcoming. The only problem was with the toilet backing up, and I didn't think they cleaned it up very well, but it was just a one time thing and nothing has happened since, so it's better.

Amanda Warren

We appreciate you taking the time to write us this review. We are pleased that your overall experience was positive, and we will work with our maintenance team regarding the feedback about the toilet backup. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly with any concerns or questions.

Overall it's been fine

They have a very friendly staff; there have been a few frustrating issues but they've been able to be resolved.

More or less happy

More or less happy with Merrill Gardens, super clean, staff very friendly. They need to follow up with certain procedures such as assisting with bathing and objectives in general. The food is good and my mom seems happy. The facility is very clean and I would recommend them.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We are so glad to hear that your mom seems happy. We take these reviews seriously and we would be glad to address any concerns regarding our care services. Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly if you are willing to share additional feedback.

They have been great so far.

They have been great so far. I really like Merrill Gardens on First Hill. The people have been really great there. We are really pleased.

Amanda Warren

Thank you so much for this feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with Merrill Gardens at First Hill.

Great Community

Faerland at Merrill has been a most pleasant surprise. Having cared for several family members for the past 15 years, I feel I have had lots of experience assessing various assisted living facilities. I have taken care of both a great aunt and my mother. During this time, I have had first hand experience with at least 6 homes. Faerland was a pleasant surprise; find a facility of this quality at a good price was great. All categories listed above are 5 star. Every caregiver and every employee is exceptional. They are dedicated, insightful, and hardworking as well as always friendly and courteous. They actually do make a care plan specific to the needs of the resident, and they keep to and follow up with the plan. Management is open and responsive. I visit very frequently so I know how residents are treated and cared for each day.

Amanda Warren

We are thrilled with your high level of support, praise, and positive interaction with members of our team! Your feedback is truly appreciated. Do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything you need.

Positives: * House Mgr. ver...

Positives: * House Mgr. very personable and nice; good rapport demonstrated with all residents * Community clean * Staff friendly * Flexible meal plan and eating schedule Negatives: * Many residents just 'hanging out' in lobby area; no interaction or stimuli offered * Neighborhood VERY shady (i.e., Rehab house next door; 3-4 street people sitting on brick wall across the street * Outside grounds and parking area needed general clean up and trash pick up [removed] Not a good fit due to resident profile and neighborhood; no addtl. visit.

Our Assisted Living Program is focused on nurturing residents to help them reach their maximum potential. Our staff seeks to foster independence rather than dependence, and to be sensitive to the individuality, privacy and freedom of choice to which our residents are entitled. In short, at our assisted living community in Seattle, WA, care is something we do, not simply a service we provide.