Memory Lane Cottage @ Tampa Palms - Tampa, FL

Wonderful Community!

The staff is very attentive and knowledgeable, accommodating residents needs quickly and in such a positive manner. The number of staff per resident is one of the reasons the residents receive such focused care. The Cottage is clean, smells great, and has such a wonderful ambiance. The outdoor area which is available 24/7 is like no other community we've seen. Memory Lane is the place to be for our loved ones!

Awesome Memory Care Program/Facility

When visiting Memory Lane Cottage, the staff was awesome and so knowledgeable. They are really helping me with this difficult transition. The facility is just beautiful; and is for only 20 people. Because of this, the staff attention to detail and knowledge of each resident is really impressive (and what I want). The outdoor courtyard has walking trails, sitting areas, gardening -- all of which is accessible 24/7. It really opens up the home to the outdoors - like no other facility I have visited. My decision has been made! Thank you so much.

positive experience at Memory Lane Cottage

A few years back as my mom entered her 80’s, her memory began to diminish. At first, it was slow and we, her family, worked had to overlook any imperfections. But by her 81st birthday, her short comings were undeniable and we all knew she was going to need help if we were to keep her safe. So, we hired caregivers to come to her home and stay with her in the mornings and again in the late afternoon and evening. She didn’t want to move out of her house, about that she was clear, but she did accept, reluctantly, the caregivers. And, for a few years, actually, this worked very well and we were able to comply with her wishes to remain at home. But dementia is as unrelenting as night after sunset and by age 85, we were left with no option other than yet another disruption in her and our lives. We convinced ourselves that a memory care facility was not necessary and we chose instead assisted living.

So, for the next 12 months she lived in a rather large facility that provided good care for residents as long as they were only marginally impaired. Laundry, meals, meds, bath help, maid service and visiting physicians were provided and someone looked in on her every few hours during the night. All the necessities, yes, but very little in the way of fun. We visited twice a week for a few hours. She was mostly happy and complained infrequently, but she seemed, well, bored and not very contented. And as her family, we were not very satisfied either. It was as if somehow, even though we were providing everything she needed, we were still letting her down. [Removed] was extraordinary difficult and now, in her 86th year, we made the decision to move her again.

This led to a search for a memory care facility that could meet all of her basic needs, but still incorporate a little fun and some individual attention into her life. We wanted a smaller, homier place, yet with a larger and more attentive staff. So, we searched and failed. And then failed again. And again. And, I don’t know, many times more. Then we visited Memory Lane Cottage.

Now, at 87 she once again has a home. She has fun. She has friends. Her life is full of other people who actually care if she’s having a good day. Did she enjoy her meal? Would she like a Coke? Let’s work a puzzle, color a picture, or play a game and on and on. No more boredom, but actual active and interesting days.

Life is a collection of small enjoyments, of little pleasantries that enhance our days and allow us sleep filled nights. So, it begs the question, if this were gone from your mom or dads life and you then had an opportunity to bring it back, what value would this have to you? What would giving back to them provide to you? It’s emotionally a bit overwhelming. That’s because it’s real. You feel it. You ache to make it so.

Alone, I couldn’t give this. It was just too big and too complicated. One person cannot be many people. But, on the other hand, if you have a team…. And that is just what I found at Memory Lane Cottage. A team and it works and it wins. There is a bit of irony, I suppose, in that while I searched for contentment for my mom, I found it for me. So, to Memory Lane Cottage and the entire staff, all of you wonderful folk who provide so much, thank you. Your kindness and your caring does not go unnoticed and, truly, it is appreciated beyond measure.

I am so happy to have found this place. We moved our mother here from an assisted living when her memory got too bad. What a difference and in a good way. The staff is so friendly and spend their day interacting with the resident by engaging them in games and activities for hours. The place is new and kept very clean. I really like that it is a smaller facility. Everybody gets personal attention. My mother is more alert and has adjusted extremely well. She has quit talking about going home. Maybe because she feels more at home in this facility.