Meadowwood Nursing Center - Gastonia, NC

Great Place

“My mother was in a Memory Care unit (Alzheimer) from Aug 2012 until April 2013 when she fell and broke her hip. After she was released from Rehab, issues developed which required her to be placed in a skilled nursing facility. At she 95, she had also become wheelchair/bed bound, and had stopped talking before her fall.

Hospice informed us that Meadowwood Nursing Center had a bed available. We were a little apprehensive at first, but on our first visit we were impressed with the cleanliness of the facility, no smell of urine or feces. The staff we met were friendly and had a cheerful attitude. We met some of the residents and one told us she had been there about six months and that they took good care of her. We moved Mother in the beginning of June 2013. Mother’s food had to be pureed, and I sampled many of her dishes which actually tasted good. Initially Mother was able to feed herself, but after six months or so, she had to be fed. I witnessed many meals where the residents had to be fed, and saw the caring attitude of the staff. Mother was at Meadowwood almost nine months. During that time, not once did we notice any smell of urine/feces. We feel that Mother received 5 star treatment for the 9 months. I cannot brag enough about the staff; from housekeeping, to dietary, nursing and aid care, to the administrative staff. Everyone we came into contact with was just excellent. We would gladly use Meadowwood again.

Great Place that feels like home

I placed my mother in Meadowwood about a month ago. The staff that work there are fantastic. They treat my mother with the utmost respect and dignity. They go above and beyond what their job calls for. She is in a dementia facility, and the rooms are nice. She has her own private room -- kind of like a hospital setting -- and she has her own bathroom. The food is fantastic. I actually eat there myself with her sometimes. They have all kinds of activities from reading the newspapers and books, karaoke, puzzles, and crafts. I like it because it has cameras.