EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio -- look it up!

I have toured this facility. It's lovely -- old style Cleveland! from the days when East Cleveland and Forest Hills neighborhood and Forest Hills Park were the creme de la creme of the area -- elegant, upscale, classy.

The building is well kept and attractive. It is however, one of the most costly such facilities in Northeast Ohio (and I've toured almost every such place on the East side and had relatives/friends in several). The rates are 50% higher and sometimes double what other facilities charge.

The more serious problem you MUST know first though: this is not 1950. East Cleveland is one of the most run down, depressed and dysfunctional cities in Ohio -- about to be taken over by the state -- with a failing school system. It is dangerous and dirty.

It has an awful reputation and just imagine the looks you will get when you tell people "I put my mother into a nursing home....IN EAST CLEVELAND".

My tour was in the evening; it took over two hours and was exhaustive. They did not provide a meal and chance to experience the dining service as promised. So I cannot comment on the food. I thought two hours was overkill. And they would not provide pricing until the end -- imagine MY SHOCK to learn this facility, in the most rundown and crime-ridden part of the county....was the highest in price! It runs over $6000 a month for Assisted Living, much more for Dementia or nursing care.

This is a city where you could buy an entire house for under $20,000.

As my tour was in the evening....I would not go without my husband (big, 6'4" tall!) with me. WHY? it's a dangerous scary neighborhood. Adjacent to crime-ridden Forest Hills park! NOBODY should drive here alone after dark, in this isolated corner of a very bad city! but definitely NOT a woman! god forbid your car breaks down in winter!

Beautiful building and architecture, but didn't feel as welcoming as others.

Wonderful facility at a location that I like near where we live now. The grounds as well as the buildings are terrific. I can see living here with independent living but not sure I could afford assisted living if that became necessary. People were all very nice.i

Review of McGregor Senior Living - Cleveland, OH

With a spirit of caring and an atmosphere of casual elegance we found McGregor to be a best kept secret when it comes to a unique living experience surrounded by programming with a purpose! Our family has always enjoyed coming to McGregor and experiencing the grand hospitality! McGregor is definitively the community offering the Secret to successful senior living!

At McGregor, we are uniquely positioned to handle Cleveland area seniors’ unique assisted living requirements. Whether it’s is assistance with basic daily tasks or round-the-clock nursing care, our qualified staff is professionally trained to provide the necessary care expertly and compassionately. Following are just some of the aspects of the McGregor community that set us apart from the assisted living competition.