Woodside Senior Living - Bedford, OH

They accept medicaid waivers, nice people and an excellent tour, nice rooms

Too secluded for our liking. Had a moldy smell. Staff was not friendly at all. Very outdated for the price. Medicaid was the last resort to afford this and we were guided to in that direction. This will not be our choice.

[Name removed], the activities director, gave us a nice tour. She greeted every resident we passed by name and knew a great deal about what the facility offered. When we arrived, a singer was serenading a very happy packed room. We were impressed with the many activities there for the residents.
This place was extremely reasonable and also accepts a Medicaid waiver. We would feel very comfortable having our parents live there.

A tour for mom

We toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff was nice and helpful. The community was small and we wanted something a little bigger. They offer a lot for the residents. The menu was appealing and the activities were keeping her busy. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one for the nice care and the value of a loved one.

Woodside Senior Living is a very nice facility. The resident's one bedroom apartments are very roomy and have a lot of closet/storage space. The studio apartments are not as roomy, but also cost less per month. Once the resident qualifies for Medicaid, Medicaid will only pay for a Studio apartment. Although this facility is able to assist the resident to get into the PACE program. They said it doesn't take as long to get into PACE as it does for Medicaid. They said PACE will pay for a Studio apartment or half of the two bedroom, two bath apartment which is shared by two residents. The shared kitchen area was spacious and has a stove, which can be unplugged for safety. The shared living room space was also very large. This facility is all on one level, which I liked, but many of the apartments have a screened patio. It seemed like a very busy place. I don't recall the patient to staff ratio, but it seemed like a lot of residents needed assistance to get to and from the dining room. I'm not sure if their is enough staff to assist them during meal times.

Short, But Nice Stay

My friend had a lovely time during her time here at this community. The community looks nice, and well maintained. The staff was great, and very helpful. I knew she was being cared for well, and everything worked out very well. This is a community I would recommend.

Great visit and Director took the time to answer all my questions. Medicaid only pays for studio apartments.

Nice community!!

I was very pleased with our tour of this community, they have great amenities offered to there residents and the building on the inside and out is absolutely beautiful. They have a great activity program they offer as well a TV room for the patients to lounge in. I have no complaints of our tour of this place it just was not the right location for my sister.

Mom is a newer resident of Woodisde Village and getting stronger daily. There have been a few frustrating things that have happened but I am hoping for improvement. Mom has brought several things to my attention that concern me. She is due to be bathed twice a week and the staff don't show up when they are supposed to. When Mom pushes the button for assistance they never come in a timely matter. We were promised a deal on her room and have yet to get the approval so every bill has to be adjusted. Good thing is, Mom really likes the food and has participated in bingo but says the other residents are not mentally capable.

Nicest place around for Mom.

Very impressed with how hard the staff works and interacts with the residents while I was visiting. They are re-modeling their kitchen and making many improvements to the buliding in 2016, which I think it needs and glad to see them doing. The sales director is very nice and energetic.

Going just fine

My Mom is getting used to it and things are going just fine. My Mom does not like to get involved with people, she is stubborn, but that's just the way she is. The staff is very nice at Woodside Village.

Great activities, friendly and helpful staff

My mother resides at the Woodside Village and number one the young lady who did the intake Olivia, she was fantastic, and the other staff member who is the receptionist Jazzy is very friendly and helpful. My mom loves the activities offered. And she is very happy and loves the friendly staff and residents.

very happy

We have had a very good experience with Woodside Village. Every resident I have spoken to there is very happy there. The staff are all really friendly and helpful. They are very knowledgeable and do an excellent job.

The attentiveness is not what I had expected.

The attentiveness is not what I had expected. It took a long time to get everyone on the same page. Because of that she hasn't been able to enjoy the amenities of the facility like I had hoped. They recently got new owners, so hopefully things go smoother.

I liked this facility. All on one floor with screened in patios a plus, plus, plus. The staff was very nice, even the ones you passed in the hallways. Will look at again an actually take my mom with me.

Do not believe the reviews that are positive because they are clearly written by staff. This place could not be any worse and the care is horrific. They did nothing to care for my grandfather who is the sweetest man in the world. I will make my mission to let people know what this place is really like. They will promise you the world but once you've paid the THOUSANDS of dollars for the month they do nothing they promised or you've paid for. The staff does not care and do nothing they are suppose to. The day we had enough was finding dirty diapers under the bed, in his closet and the blankets pulled over his urine soaked pad and not taken off the bed that morning! Just awful!!

The tour guide was excellent & answered all of our questions. Some areas in the facility had strong foul odors of urine. Residents were in activity area. Most were not participating. Halls too long for walking to dinning areas.

Beware

Beware of all the costs.... What you sign up for becomes hundreds of dollars more... $798 to check blood sugar once a day.... you have to use omnicare for prescriptions that cost 3x's or more the cost even with drug ins. Don't pay for full care because they don't provide it.... my Dad's pendant didn't work.... even after we expressed concerns that no one was helping him to the bathroom... he sat for hours in wet clothes and all they did was put a pad on his chair... At first we were happy for a place we thought was going to relieve some of the stress of caring for our elderly parents... highly disappointed

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured that we are passionately committed to serving our residents. Our goal is to provide an individualized plan of care to fit our residents' needs. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns with you personally and hope you will call us at [removed].

Had an ideal room.

We toured here. The point person, an older lady, was very nice. We were shown a room that was furnished and the layout was ideal to the type of room that we were looking for.

Loved it! My parents would fit in great.

Very nice place!

Things have gone very well with Woodside Village, so far! They've done a great job getting her adjusted to the schedule of their shower, laundry, and cleaning services. I really appreciate that they have cleaning people come in once a week for no extra charge! They also have a good dining service. The meals are served restaurant style, where the residents pick from a few choices on a menu, and the food is not cooked until they order it.

clean place, friendly staff

The place at Woodside Village is very clean and the staff is incredibly friendly. Overall it has been a very good experience, but there are a couple of areas where I feel they could improve. For one, it does sometimes seem to take a while when a request is made for it to be fulfilled (such has having his laundry cleaned).

A perfect home for my brother

The staff is friendly and pays close attention to my brother. He is a hand full, but they seem to calm him and give him what he needs. He gets the care her needs and I do not have to worry about him at all. His unit is very nice and he seems to enjoy the company of many of the residents. He also enjoys meal time and the fact that he can have his personal snacks in his own kitchen. I feel I made a good decision for my brother, knowing that when I am not there, he is well taken care of.

Management has been great to work with

We haven't moved in yet, but so far the management has been great to work with. Everything looks good, it's clean and they are friendly. I like the rooms, and we really liked the location, it works well for us to visit?

Great value and great services

Great value and great services. I recently placed a senior relative at Woodside Village. She is happy and well cared for. The food is good, she receives her daily medication from the nurses. The staff greet residents as they pass in the hall and know many of them by name. They have a lot of activities, in fact a band was setting up when I left, I wish I had time to stay

Facility is all on 1 floor ...

Facility is all on 1 floor which has its drawbacks but makes it easier to get the dog out. Also has 2-bedroom units with 2 baths which is a plus for us. 4+

Saw again. Toured with Kim ...

Saw again. Toured with Kim whom is delightful. Most affordable around I believe but feel that I will still get resistance from my brothers.

I am leaning toward this fa...

I am leaning toward this facility if I cannot care him at home.

Overall a pretty good place.

The staff that I had contact with were very friendly. I saw a lot of activities going on, they have singing groups, and the bus that takes them out, and a lot of other activities. The food was good. The value was good, but the billing had some errors, in the beginning, and they were supposed to be fixed, but they don't have a lot of time to get the bill in the mail, and return it and then there is a late fee. The head office seems to have some turnover. The rooms are great, I think the workers need to be paid a little more.

Very friendly and communicative staff

Our loved one has been here a few week and so far we've been impressed with the service here. The staff has been very responsive to any requests we've had, and they're very communicative when it comes to updates on my loved one's health and well-being.

corridors are too long and ...

corridors are too long and require too much walking. Rooms dark and gloomy I did like the activity calendar

Excellent Place

I think the people there were very nice. My wife made friends real easy and the food was good. They took good care of my wife. We had respite care for he because I was in the hospital for a procedure. She has memory loss and that's why I had to put her somewhere. They did an excellent job.

Transition period never happened

Woodside Village was supposed to have and introduction and transition period for residents but that never happened. When my parent moved in they had to learn everything by themselves. It took them over 30 minuets just to figure out how they serve you in the dining room. My parent is a diabetic and we have to tell them multiple times that my parent needs to eat earlier because of their blood sugar. They say that they have complimentary transportation but it took them a couple of weeks just to get my parent to where they needed to go. The activities are really bad. Even though they will have a bunch of stuff planed on the calendar no one show up to do them so when you go to the recreation room no one is even their.

Observed staff roaming around and unp...

Observed staff roaming around and unprofessional behavior. I know Dad wouldn't like it there.

Largest living quarters, everyone get...

Largest living quarters, everyone gets a 1 bedroom with screen in patio (though patio is 2 steps down). However, Medicaid-supported residents are all located in one wing, and I am sure there must be a social stigma since everyone can tell that group is poor.

Nice place overall. All inclusive.

Nice place overall. All inclusive.

This is a very nice place

This is a very nice place

This facility sounds very good.

This facility sounds very good.

1.9 miles from my house!

1.9 miles from my house!

Woodside Village is a single-story, 219-apartment retirement community located in Bedford, a southeastern suburb of Cleveland. Built on 20 acres, the community caters to independent and assisted living residents. Our community offers many inviting common areas and exciting amenities to create retirement living at its best.

Woodside Village provides seclusion from traffic and the congestion of everyday life. Our scheduled transportation allows you to enjoy life as you go shopping, to doctors’ appointments, ball games and museums. And, if you drive, there’s reserved covered parking available.

Some of the features that you will enjoy at Woodside Village are a library, general store, arts and crafts room, exercise room and a large outdoor patio. Most apartments have a private patio and access to beautifully landscaped courtyards.

When you step outside your private apartment, you’ll find additional beauty and comfort along with opportunities for social interaction, physical activity and intellectual stimulation. You can join friends for a card game or billiards, take part in field trips or sample our many scheduled activities.

Security is important at Woodside Village. We have safety features including 24-hour staff, a call system, smoke detectors and a fire sprinkler system. Living here means enjoying life and doing it with peace of mind. The best part of your new life at Woodside Village is that we offer affordable rates with lots of extra value.