Judson Park - Cleveland, OH

[removed] (has) been professional, attentive and so supportive

What a phenomenal organization. The sales and applicant screening process was very informative and incredibly reassuring to my siblings and myself. In the weeks of renovation leading up to her move, we had regular contact to plan all aspects of Mom's move.
The morning before she was to arrive, Mom was injured in a fall, so her move in day was compounded by addressing her injury. In the weeks immediately following, [removed]'s care for Mom and the warm welcome she received from the other residents has been everything we kids wanted for her.

A wonderful choice!

My mother lived in a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment in "independent living" at the Chestnuthills complex for the last 5 years of her life ( having downsized from a Cleveland Heights home when she became a widow). The experience was like moving into a very nice Heights area condo , there was even a consultant who came to the family home to help with measuring and planing prior to moving furniture and artwork to the new apartment. She loved Judson as did our family. It became the new " matriarchal home" where we would all gather , including the dogs, for family dinners. The staff was consistently warm, professional and attentive, the facilities, services and activities that were made available to residents where great. She did most of her own cooking, but ate in the dining room weekly with friends where the meals were typically good with occasional complaints of over cooked vegetables or fish. While my mother was not in the nursing wing of the complex we frequently visited friends of hers when they had to move to that level of care due to the aging process and never observed inadequacies. ( never had occasion to eat in that area so can not speak to that) . I have a fair bit of experience with other elder facilities and nursing homes with other family members and feel our experience with Judson far out shone anyothers. During my mother's final week, Judson helped arraigned Hospice care in her apart. So that she could pass with dignity in a familiar setting surrounded by family. The support of the staff was incredible! I would choose Judson for my self and husband if we were of an age to make such a move.

Over priced, horrible to my aunt!!!

This place was horrible to my aunt, [Removed] [Removed]. My husband and I would visit and would often find her alone in bed in sunglasses in her room with the curtains closed.
The staff clearly did not have any interest in helping her!
One time we found her with excrement on her hands holding a roll of toilet paper, again in bed!!! And we demanded help.
My uncle paid HUGE amounts of money to this place for her care but it, in my opinion, is a dump!!! I would NEVER recommend it to anyone!!!
Also, when we ate with her and my mom was with us, too, the food was awful, tasteless, and mushy.
This was in the late 90s, but places do not change unless management leaves and the place has been bought out. So, unless the place has been bought out...

Christy Cunningham

We are sorry to hear of your aunt’s experience many years ago. We take our commitment to our residents and their families seriously and are disappointed to learn of the situation you have described. Since we were founded in 1906, Judson has committed itself to excellence and integrity. We strive to continually evolve and improve in order to provide the best experience and service to our residents and their loved ones. If you are in the area, we welcome you to visit and see Judson as it is today.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. Judson Park seemed like a very nice place, overall! The facility itself was beautiful and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. However, it is a very large community, and we were afraid there might be a bit too much walking between places for our loved one.