The Waterford at Richmond Heights - Richmond Heights, OH

DON’T LET THE LOOKS FOOL YOU!!!

The facility itself is almost always clean with exception of the daily garbage pile up outside. The resident rooms don’t get cleaned on a daily basis by housekeeping so the responsibility itself often gets tossed onto the caregivers. I wouldn’t trust this facility!!! I feel so awful for the residents because the families pay so much for their loved ones to stay here but nobody receives top notch quality care. The facility is short when it comes to caregivers so residents are often [removed]. Furthermore because caregivers are understaffed the ones that do exist are extremely overworked. They get rid of the good caregivers and allow those breaking and bending the rules to remain. The residents DO NOT get changed every 2 hours as the state recommends and as a result residents develop skin conditions. Nobody is repositioned every 1-2 hours either so bedsores often form. The caregivers do not always bathe the residents especially the ones with dementia or alzheimer’s (hint: the residents with these sort of conditions often don’t remember whether they’ve received a bath or not). You come here thinking everything is great however reality is that the employees put on a show. You’re given a tour but what you don’t know is they do that so they can try to convince you to have your loved one stay there. They’ll tell you everything you want to hear but leave all the bad out. The activities are none to existent because residents themselves often are left sitting around with nothing to do. Yes, true residents go out on field trips (at the expense of the residents family) but those homebound who can’t leave the facility are left untouched with not much to do. This facility isn’t true assisted living. It’s more of a nursing home with the type of residents who reside here. The sad reality is those requiring memory care aren’t receiving any. Sadly enough I’ve witnessed residents walk out because this facility isn’t locked down and those with some level of dementia or alzheimer’s have the ability to wonder about as they please.

My visit

This is a nice looking community. The community is a little more expensive than what we were looking for. The person that I toured with was nice.

My father's care

This is a great community for my father. I like that the staff who are caring and attentive to his needs. The menu seems to be good and alot of variety to choose from. they have activies that are offered to the residents who want to participate. We would recommend the good care and value for others.

The Right Fit

The care is being met for dad and I get updates from the staff when it comes to my dad. He loves the food, it is excellent every time. They also have activities available for anyone who wants to participate.

A waste of time!

This is a very beautiful community. It is on the high end of things. The staff was very nice to us. The only thing that upset me and turned me off was that we needed assisted living and they did not offer that. Even though we told them that, that it what we wanted. i feel like I wasted my time.

Healthy meal options!!

My uncle has really been liking his stay at this community for various reasons. One of the reasons being the great chef they have on staff as well as the tasty meals. They have a large variety of options for the residents to choose from as well as well many healthy choices. He is also is really enjoying the company of the other residents they have all been so kind and welcoming to him since he moved in. The only complaint he has is the prices of the facility keep changing and are rising every month. That was not in the agreement they had upon move in.

Good Care for my dad

My father was well taken care of him here. My father really enjoyed the music and the singing that he did. It made him happy to join in. The food was good and he seemed to like everything offered to him. I liked that care that he received and would recommend others to see the good care and value.

Friendly Community

This is a nice community, and I was looking forward to my husbands move here. Unfortunately he took a turn for the worst, and he passed away. I knew this was gonna be a good community for him. It is a nice looking place, everything is very well maintained. The staff was very kind and friendly. If though we get to move in here, it was still a good experience.

I Am Happy For My Parents

I am happy with the care for my parents. The meals are good for my parents and the community is kept clean. They have activities available. There seems to have been a communication issue in the beginning because they did not have a table assigned for my parents and housekeeping took awhile. Overall I am happy.

TLC

The is a great community for my mom. The food is excellent and she enjoys everything. The staff is excellent and always offers assistance to make sure that everything is good for her. She likes the activities to help keep her active. I highly recommend this community for loving care.

The Community Is Doing Their Best

My dad really wants to return to h is own home. The community is not bad, they are giving good care and providing a safe place. The food is excellent and the facility is clean and well maintained. The staff have been accommodating and helpful at trying to make my dad happy. It is a good place but don't like hearing dad unhappy.

A Mixed Bag

The facility and apartments are well done and maintained. We chose the facility to facilitate an easy transfer from assisted living to Hospice for my Mother. Initially everything was fine, although we frequently saw a lack of communication between caregivers...as time went by that became more of an issue. The nursing staff are all LPN and the aides are all STNAs. I would ask the nurse to patient ratio. Assisted Living is a wonderful concept but not for everyone, especially those in declining health.

Food Service is a a strong point as the staff really aims to please...and the food is excellent. Also activities are planned daily....and Holiday celebrations are spectacular!

As with any LTC or AL I encourage frequent unannounced visits. There are safety s concerns and I am sure they are being addressed by staff & management,

Newer great looking facility. Staff seemed professional and the facility is incredibly well maintained. They only offer a full service price but it seems to be inline with other facilities for the same level of service. The offer an independant living as well as an assisted living package / pricing so the ability to have continuity of care is attractive.

Very nice place, overall

Overall we're very pleased with how things have turned out at The Waterford! It's a friendly, welcoming community, and they have a lot to provide for the residents. There are all sorts of activities, and the food is excellent! The staff is friendly and professional, and they do a good job looking out for the residents. However, I do think they feel a bit understaffed, response times to the call buttons can be a little slow, especially on weekends. They're also fairly expensive, however the price includes a lot of services that you'd be charged extra for elsewhere.

Courtesy of staff

The staff overall here is great. They are very attentive and caring .

Very nice place!

My loved ones really seem to be enjoying themselves at The Waterford! The people here are very friendly, and they have all sorts of activities and events for the residents. Apparently they had a very nice New Years celebration!

Beautifully decorated

The Waterford is beautifully decorated and the grounds are nice also. The staff here is so caring and attentive and they give so much love and care to the residents. The other residents here are so warm and we just love them!

Staff is always willing to help and friendly

The Waterford at RIchmond Heights is a good place, I think its a really nice facility Kimberly who I believe runs it is very nice and always willing to help and Victoria she does the touring she is really nice and helpful as well when she is doing the tours.

Wonderful!!

My mom has never been happier. She was at [a different facility] and she was very unhappy. They didn't have enough staff and the food was always cold. She could never find anyone if she needed anything. The Waterford is exceptional there is plenty of staff and people available for her every need. It is so friendly and the food is excellent. The rooms are spacious and the views of the trees and the grounds are beautiful. I would recommend the Waterford to everyone. It was a God send to find this place. I just wished we had found it sooner.

Dad is doing GREAT! We love Waterford!

The Waterford has been wonderful to work with. The only reason I gave them a "good" for the value is because I wish they had a 1 meal plan option. We pay for 2 but my dad has a snack and coffee in his room in the AM, then heads to the dinning room for dinner.

Nice looking place, but expensive

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place! The staff were all very friendly, and the facility itself was well kept and clean. Unfortunately it was above our budget, and not an option we could consider.

Our Mom is enjoying her stay.

Review of The Waterford at Richmond Heights Assisted Living in Richmond Heights, OH

I was supposed to meet with a person who called in sick that day, and no one knew that I had an appointment. I was asked if I had an appointment or if I had just dropped in. I waited 45 minutes while they found someone to give me a tour, and was finally shown around by the head of building maintenance. He did a great job, but was unable to give me any prices of the rooms. The rooms that I saw were too small, and this facility would not be near the top of my list of possibilities. I did speak with two residents who were very pleased with this facility.

It's a lovely place. If we...

It's a lovely place. If we lived closer to Richmond Heights it might have been my first choice.

Would not consider. Activit...

Would not consider. Activities are not what I really am interested in.

The Waterford was our best choice!

The management was extremely accommodating and patient as we went through the decision process about where to place our dad. Once the decision was made, they were very thorough with follow-up information and help. They made a difficult decision as easy as possible and made us feel not only comfortable but convinced that we had made the right choice.

Great staff and Dir. of Care services/head nurse

It's hard for me to feel comfortable about my answer, when I did research of various places they all seemed to be on the same level, you don't knwo what questions to ask, you just see the facade. They have activities everyday, throughout the day, the quality of them I don't know and mom is one of those that isn't a joiner but they try to get her to participate. On the positive side, the staff is very good, pretty much anything you ask they're willing to do and they genuinely care about my mother. I'm sure with most places the 1:12 ratio is never enough but mom isn't one of those who needs a lot of care. The management, meaning the director of care services and the head nurse, both are very willing to listen to any issues that are presented and try to follow up and correct them. The issues that are there I'm sure are the same as anywhere else, timeliness of the laundry.. things like that. It really had the wow factor when we walked in, it's a gorgeous property and community. People looked like they were well cared for, the dining room was abuzz with conversation and I was hoping it would kind of rub off on mom, it was just those kinds of things, little extra wow factors.

Great Atmospher and Layout

We chose Waterford because we really liked the atmosphere and the layout of the community. It is really nice, clean and very bright. They offer a good variety of activities and they try to get independent and assisted to participate in activities together to encourage socialization. We are very happy with Waterford and would recommend it to anyone.

Love it

Love it

This was a very beautiful place.

This was a very beautiful place.

Loved it!! Gorgeous facility. Very ...

Loved it!! Gorgeous facility. Very friendly staff. Met with the head nurse at the appt. which was very helpful in assessing needs. Also liked it is one price...not a la carte.

Look forward to a relaxed and carefree life at The Waterford at Richmond Heights, where an atmosphere of warmth and caring promotes companionship among residents and staff. Our Independent Living and Assisted Living community in Richmond Heights offers thoughtfully designed one- and two-bedroom floor plans with the perfect balance between safety features and the comfortable amenities most desired by seniors and their loved ones. Residents are afforded the comforts of home with spacious bathrooms and full-sized appliances in kitchens, while emergency call buttons and personal security systems offer peace of mind. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with the activities of daily living. You can be assured that The Waterford provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment with snowy weather car care among the services we offer. Our residents’ interests help define the kinds of activities we offer during the year.