Forest Hills Place - Cleveland Heights, OH

Forest Hills Place - Cleveland Heights, OH has yet not published prices.

Appeared nice and clean. Rooms were okay just not what we were looking for.

Forest Hills Place

My mom is a resident at Forest Hills Place
Where she adjusted well in a few short months. The community is very family focused and offer activities that involve
The residents family participation. I now
Think we made the right choice and am
Satisfied with FHP.

Very nice place . The entire staff was very warm, sincere, and welcoming.

Beautiful and has a homey feel to it.

This is a beautiful community, the grounds are well kept up and the room setups are very nice as well. The staff did a great job they took their time showing me around and answering my questions. This is definitely my top choice and I would definitely recommend coming in for a tour here.

Father's Great Care

This was the nice community for my father's care. We liked the staff who were helpful. My father just was not happy here. The community was clean and the menu was nice. My father wanted to be at home and be able to have his own environment. We really would recommend this community for being so helpful. We would recommend this community for the great care.

Pleasant Surrondings

The location is great the community is located right next to a park which is nice sitting there and being surrounded by green foliage. The community itself is quite and has a wonderful courtyard and a rose garden that you can go out and sit and enjoy the tranquil surroundings.
I have eaten there and the food is pretty good.
Off all the communities that I have toured this one fit the best into my fathers budget but what I would like to see is some sort of a price listing for additional medical treatments or extended care.

Compassionate Staff

Everyone on staff is very friendly - they greet you first, happy - lots of smiles, caring toward their residents and others, watchful for individual residents' needs. Activities are varied, which is great including sitting on the screened in outdoor porch in wicker chairs while listening to music, Bingo, Wine and Cheese. Another group exercise where each resident, that is able, reads from a large print "book" and then discussion after each page - 2 - 3 sentences. This week we learned about Leonardo da Vinci.

This will be our mother's second respite stay. She enjoyed her first and has decided to return. Everyone remembered her from last year. She is looking forward to the stay. It is a nice place.

This place is horrible, cleaning personnel is lazy! It has bed bugs. The day shift does nothing. The aides talk on their phone constantly. His place has went down to trash. I wouldn't recommend this place to know .

Growing Forest hills

Forest hills is a nice looking place, some of the nurses are more attenative than others, each shift differs I wish all could be the same. Forest hills is not quite fully set up yet overall it's not a bad place. Special monthly pricing really help.

A good experience so far!

My mother loves the food at the Forest Hills. The weather has not been the best the past few weeks, but I hope once that gets better she will join more activist. She loves her apartment and the best part is that the community is about 5 minutes away from my work, I am able to visit her often.

Still working it out!

There are still a few glitches that need to be worked out, but they are right on top of things. The staff has been doing a great job with my mom. We are very happy with the way things are going. The food is good sometimes depends on the meal.

fHP Review

The staff at FHP have been exceptional in a difficult situation with my 94 year old mother. The individual consideration of each person's needs are paramount to their care and despite all of her difficulties, they make the best of a sometime trying situation. I would give them top marks.

Best Care for mom

I really do like the care that my mom is getting here. The staff are outstanding and making sure that she is active. You could not ask for a better community. It is always clean and taken care of. The meals are wonderful. We would recommend other families to this community for excellent care for a loved one.

I even liked it for myself!

My tour of the Forest Hills Place went very well. The place was very clean and everyone was so friendly. The friendliness of the staff was my favorite part. I originally toured the community for my husband but since he passed away, I have been considering it for myself.

Observations based on one tour-Facility dark and decor dated. Staff did not seem very knowledgeable or enthusiastic about their facility. When asked about hiring and staff turnover the HR director told us turnover was "not good, but not too bad" and that they would hire aides right out of high school with no certification. Residents seemed clean and well cared for. Apartments were nice size and set up well, although one did smell like cat. Front desk and activities director were very friendly. The Brookdale way seems very controlling of how staff operate which left me with concerns over individual considerations for residents.

Highest Ratings

This is truly a fantastic community. They are caring for my mother in law very well. I would give them the highest rating in everything. I'am satisfied with everything they have done for us. The staff is wonderful, the commutation between myself and staff is great. She is doing very well. I know she is safe and in good hands,

Everything About This Community Is Great

My brother is doing very well at Brookdale. He likes it here. We had used Brookdale in the past and we had a good experience with them so we decided to use them again. The community is great and everyone here is very kind and helpful. The food and activities are great as well.
We will absolutely recommend Brookdale for anyone to to take a look at.

Review of Brookdale Rockefeller - Cleveland Heights, OH

Our mother toured this community and was just overwhelmed by the friendliness and professionalism. It was a beautiful place and she has chosen it for a respite experience.

the staff takes great care of the residents

Brookdale Rockefeller is working out fine. She is doing fine. It is very clean. The staff takes great care of the residents. The residents are not so with it though. I don't know if some facilities are worse than others. Here they seem more infirmed. My mom is 95 and she is really doing well mentally and physically. I do wish she was somewhere with more of a mix of residents that were doing better. General I would say that we had no choice to put her some place like this. I think she will be okay because the staff is so wonderful. The staff do a good job at trying to keep everyone busy. Overall it has been a good experience.

Relatively New

While still relatively a new customer, I find the services rating good overall.

My loved one is happy at Brookdale Rockefeller Garden. Not really happy with her meal selections . And feels like the facility is under staffed.

Homewood @ Rockefeller is a very homey setting for seniors needing assistance. The environment is welcoming and comfortable. The only concern is that I feel there should be more activities and when there are scheduled activities there should be more options for participation for residents. Most residents just stay in their rooms for a large portion of the time. Also, it seems there is a very high turnover of dining staff and aides. Most time it seems they are short on dining staff to accommodate the residents.

Very unorganized and a lack of communication

My mother went there for respice stay twice. The staff was not prompt in answering her calls and not always timely with her medications. The food is terrible, so the second time I brought food from home.
When I went back the second time, they had not even contacted her long term care insurance about the first stay! They had neglected to fax papers over to her doctor's office to sign when they specifically told me they were going to when we got off the phone, so they were refusing to take her when I was ready to drop her off. I then called my mother's doctor's nurse, whom I work with at the Cleveland Clinic, and had told to watch for the fax. She had never received it and had tried calling the responsible party, who did return her calls and left a NON-WORKING number to call back! The nurse finally reached the person the night before I had to drop Mom off and received the fax at 5:10 pm. The next day she had to track the doctor down in order to get it signed and faxed over so I could leave my mother and prepare to catch a flight for a business trip early the next morning.
They are very unorganized and there is a lack of communication.

Urban mid-rise building near UH and CC hospitals

This property was rebuilt on the grounds of the old Montifiore nursing home and is run by Brookdale. I am not sure what if anything is left of the old place. It looks spanking new, and very well appointed, like a posh apartment complex or private club -- lots of chandeliers and fireplaces.

Staff was polite, but not warm. Rooms are average and have small kitchenettes. Prices are about average; Homewood (there is another one in Richmond Heights) is on the lower side of average, but we've had trouble with their management and level of services. They have a base price, but tack so many things onto it, you can easily double the base cost. Food services at other Brookdale facilities (Brookdale owns many AL homes, all over the country) is below average -- steam table food, of hospital quality.

We were not invited or offered to try the food, which is a warning flag that it isn't good. Often seniors can't or won't complain about food, and it is a rare family member who can come and eat meal after to check on quality! Places that are proud of their food always invite you for a lunch; just a hint there.

The building is a 4 floor midrise, looking like an apartment building. It is on a busy Cleveland Heights intersection, with only one way in and out in heavy traffic. A little inconvenient, but not terrible. If it matters, it is on a bus line. The grounds are attractive, but not much of them -- some sitting areas out front on the main drag. The back is mostly parking. Excellent proximity to University Hospitals and Cleveland Clinic -- just minutes away.

Our biggest problem here was the elevators -- you need to take them to and fro all the time. A senior with dementia or in a wheelchair would struggle with this, plus I imagine the elevators get VERY busy at mealtimes.

There is care for dementia at several levels, as well as standard AL care. Before considering this, be sure you evaluate care levels along with basic pricing or it might seem deceptively cheap. Almost no seniors requiring AL facilities need zero care.

Very, very pleased with amenities, activities, room sizes, smaller memory care programs. Very close to home. Working on assessment prior to moving from California. Good outside activities during warmer weather.

My Opinion

My mother just became a resident, "so far so good"!

It's a very beautiful community.

This is one of the places we toured. Keisha was very, very friendly, and the receptionist was also very nice. The rest of the staff, while good, weren't on the same level of friendliness as Keisha. It's a very beautiful community. The room that we were able to see wasn't furnished.

Beautiful residences; extremely friendly and accommodating staff; very interested in tailoring services for our loved one.

Not a good experience overall

Overall my experience with the community was not a good one. The facility itself is nice looking, clean, and well kept, but the care, staff, and overall experience were disappointing. My loved one was only here for a brief time, but an event that occurred here caused a big decline in his health that required a move to a different facility. I also feel that they did not explain their billing process well at all, there were a lot of fees that I felt were not explained properly, including a large "community move-in fee" that was not mentioned until the very end of the sign up process.

Brookdale Senior Living warning

Do not put your loved ones in this facility. Starting from management at the top and all the way down, no one follows thru on caring for your family.

Our loved one was here for a time and...

Our loved one was here for a time and overall I felt they did a good job, I'd give them high marks across the board. From what I saw the residential living, as well as their memory care unit, both looked very high quality.

Be Wary of Homewood Residences and Brookdale Senior Living

Homewood unilaterally raises their rates every year (this past year over 10%) without taking into consideration the huge expense and burden that it places on private pay residents. They refuse to negotiate one bit! The food and food service is horrible; they constantly run out of staples, misrepresent the food served from what the menu states and the service is very slow. Their maintenance is poor, too--it took over 4 months to get a heater/air conditioner fixed (lip service excuses given to us during that time). Air leaks through the windows merely were patched with caulk--looks cheap and horrible! While the rank and file are friendly, as is the local administration, they seem to have their hands tied by greedy corporate interests. Homewood is owned by Brookdale, one of the largest senior care companies in this country, and it appears that the profit motive is so strong that residents are swept under the rug and money (they are cheapskates) is the only motive for their existence!! Our choice to have our elderly relative live their was based upon the least objectionable preference and NOT for their stellar reputation/service/resident care! Since many of the staff are part-time (I am told that some even are hired by a "service"), quite often the "human" side of their care is missing--lots of poorly trained staff, big employee turnaround (churn) and passing the buck prevents me from recommending this facility. I am told that this is a problem with many, if not the majority, of assisted living facilities in the United States!

Disappointing

My mother is not happy with the meals.
Poor response on the call button.
Family members are not welcome to stay for meals without advance reservations.

Homewood is truly like home

Homewood is a beautiful facility with a professionally trained staff that is truly dedicated to caring for the residence with their best interest in mind. I am truly pleased with the Homewood community.

Good place for Mom

My mom has been a resident in the memory care units for almost 4 years and both she and I have been very satisfied with the friendly, compassionate care she receives. I believe the activities program in Clarebridge Crossings helped to slow the progression of her dementia. She is now in Clarebridge Place and with the assistance of a caring and interactive staff she still is able to experience a good quality of life. Staff works well with my mom and I and actively help to solve any problems or issues that arise.

They have very nice people.

They have very nice people. They did as much as they could for her. When we first went there they came to evaluate her needs. They evaluated her to be minimal care level. After the first month they had her as the maximum care level. This aspect wasn't well explained at the beginning. They were really nice about it and corrected everything, but we would have appreciated understanding this earlier. My advice is to listen to hear if employees are complaining to each other, this shows a lot.

like it and community is a ...

like it and community is a strong contender

Clients Didn't Like

My mom lived in the other Homewood, but I had a lot of clients that had lived here. Most of them didn't like it at all.

We decided on Rockefeller Gardens aft...

We decided on Rockefeller Gardens after my mom was assessed by one of the Nurses at Homewood. It' perfect. She's not up for Independent Living

private pay - This is one of the most...

private pay - This is one of the most beautiful places but they do not take medicaid. This would have been my first choice!

Beautiful and spacious.

Beautiful and spacious.

Very clean and new, seemed like a nic...

Very clean and new, seemed like a nice place.

Large, inviting, effeciently run, I'm...

Large, inviting, effeciently run, I'm told. clean. 13 yrs. old. The trees have taken root and feels more like a park on the backside. each level has it's own personality. open airy and yet, embracing. In the "old neighborhood" Medicaid is available. Mixed group of people.go with the one bedroom. Feels like a hotel. But I didn't see people really mingling. I didn't see commotion. I didn't see living. Limited sitting areas. not quite right...