Four Elms Retirement Residence - Thornhill, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Not friendly . Treat visitor like criminal

Care staff are rude.Not welcoming .Bad expérienced.

Very nice building and rooms. Clean and bright. Good services.

All that glitters is not gold!

Good if you have minimal care needs,for independent living. Place is beautiful and food is good. Stay away from memory care unit. Staff are tired and unengaged. Care is totally inconsistent and is dependent on u hiring and paying for an independent caregiver. No one ever got to know my Dad. I was glad when we left.

Almost perfect. However for our situation, we really want a kitchen.

Nice quiet location might be a possible choice for my father

The residence has good care and they are flexible but the decor is depressing and both the staff and the residents are not engaged.

Stay away from memory care unit

May be good for independent living but stay away from the memory care unit which is always understaffed and residents are [Removed]. This results in minimal interactions with residents, rough treatment of residents and staff not skilled in dealing with dementia. Complaints go unheeded; I left because of the lack of care to my father.

Our feedback

So far, from what we see, Four Elms is a very nice clean, safe place for our Mother.

The food is exceptional, and the PAW's have all been very nice and pleasant.

We must name [Removed], these two ladies have been exceptional, and have met all of our expectations. They continue to smile, and greet us, as well as Mom, every time they meet.

It has only been 4 days, and so far so good.

Keep Looking

We didn't feel this was the place for my dad. The nurses are friendly but didn't take the kind of care you would hope to experience.
The doctor on staff is not useful at all. He doesn't even draw blood or look at the meds. I'm not sure what his purpose is there. If you don't hire a caregiver to spend time next to your loved one, you won't know if he ate that day or attended any activities.
I would not recommend the Long Term care at Four Elms.

not very pleasurable

even tho the home is being remodelled the atmosphere is very dark in appearance. the food we attempted to eat was not good at all. one had to ask for bread and the portions were quite small. if you wanted a soda it was at a cost of $1.00. all in all it was a gloomy atmosphere

This was our favourite facility because of the very close proximity to our current neighbourhood, spacious rooms and balcony facing the courtyard. Lovely to meet Bev who impressed me greatly with he very high ethical standards and authentic caring manner.

Overall really nice

This is a lovely community with really great staff and nice people.

I wish they would schedule a few more afternoon activities other than teas.... as my parents unlike most seniors are actually late risers and would prefer doing the brain gym and exercises etc... in the afternoon.

The other thing I should mention is that they are 70% Jewish so the menu does tend to lean on the kosher side of things.

Great residence

The staff here are wonderful. The residence itself is a fabulous. I would recommend this residence to anyone.

try it you'll like and appreciate Four Elms

best decision we ever made in our lives, except having our children and loving each other.
My husband has dementia following a lung operation to remove 1/3 of his lung due to cancer a year ago, and I am now his sole care giver except for bathing and shaving.
The staff here are very thoughtful and kind and very knowledgeable in there work.
Excellent serving staff and the food is imaginative and usually quite tasty, nothing is ever perfect but they are doing better daily!
Some form of musical entertainment at least once a week and the happy hour is always entertaining and fun!
There are number of activities and you can be as busy as you wish also various outings!
Management staff is always there for you and the nursing staff is wonderful!