Mc Carrick Care Ctr - Franklin Township, NJ

Mc Carrick Care Ctr - Franklin Township, NJ has yet not published prices.

No support for family; physician choice very limited

My family member’s care has been satisfactory. Unfortunately, my experience with the administration of Parker at McCarrick has been very unsatisfactory. McCarrick gave me incorrect information regarding the Medicaid application. McCarrick failed to bill the long term care insurance company, despite telling me that they would do so. This created a lot of extra work for me. Despite multiple requests, McCarrick failed to place me on the family notification list. I have spoken to Parker executive leadership about it, and hope the issue is now resolved.

My greatest concern is the extremely limited number of attending physicians available to care for long term care residents. At this time there is only one physician accepting patients other than the interim medical director. A new medical director is expected to start in November. Executive leadership has stated that there are no plans to bring any more physicians on board. Subsequently, I was told I can select a physician from the community, provided he/she can be credentialed by Parker. This is a burdensome task, especially since I do not know what Parker’s physician requirements are. In my opinion, family members should not be responsible for recruiting attending physicians.