Mayberry Gardens - Garland, TX

Very homey atmosphere, limited transportation, no private outdoor access (for pet). We did like the homelike atmosphere and the clients there.

Like home away from home

My mother-in-law enjoys living in the smaller home-style setting of Mayberry Gardens rather than at a large property. She feels like she’s dining out for home-cooked meals each day, even though the dining room is only steps from her room. The caring staff knows her as an individual. They often accommodate her various needs without complaint. The house manager and other members of the care team inform us of any unusual behavior and they have been generous with their time and care.

Clean, friendly atmosphere, we were very impressed and [name removed] was informative and answered all our questions. We have a very good feeling about this place and I hope my mom approves like we do.

Creating a New Family

Our 3 years at Mayberry Gardens were amazing. The structure of support they have created is so unique, and the staff were so helpful as Mother moved through the levels of care. Because of the small group nature of the homes, we became close to the staff and other people who all became like family! The house managers knew mother so well that they were able to notify me of changes that needed to be addressed. I have several friends who have brought their parents and been extremely pleased. Mayberry Gardens made an extremely stressful time in our lives bearable and positive!

Short, But Nice Stay

My mother was in this community for a short time. She developed some medical issues, and needed more care than they were able to provide. However we did have a pleasant experience during her time here. The staff tired their best to take care of her, and her needs. The community looked nice, and they do a good job with the cleanliness. There are nice meals provided, and good activities offered. It was a good experience overall for us in this facility.

Meals Need Improvement, But Overall Nice Facility

For the most part everything is working out well for my husband with his move to this community. The only issue we have had is the meals. They need more of a healthier selection to choose from for the residents. Other than that issue everything else is well. They have a good staff, and they are doing a good job caring for him, and his needs. It has been a pretty good experience, other than the food. Overall it is a community I would recommend.

OK for the Most Independent Resident

Pros: Very clean and homey place. The landscaping is beautiful and sitting outdoors is soothing. Prices are very reasonable compared to similar places.

Cons: Level of care available is only appropriate for the most able and independent residents. Staff turnover is high, and they are not well-trained or well-supervised. Expect to be on the premises regularly to assure your loved one is getting appropriate care, especially if they cannot fend for themselves. The ratio of caregivers to residents is too low to provide much high-touch care. Caregivers tend to the basics of food, meds, housekeeping, but they are too overworked to pay individual attention to residents. There are some exceptions, but overall I would rate them as understaffed and staffed with the wrong kind of people. Many of the staff don't seem to enjoy working there and are actively job-seeking. No on-premises security or medical staff employed by the facility, though home health care agencies are available. Facility has a MD available for house calls for additional fee. Pharmacy management of meds available for additional fee.

GREAT STAFF

Well kept property. It is maintained very well. The staff is great!

Best Care and not Overpriced

Feels more like a real home and not a nursing facility. Staff is great.

very pleased

So far we are very pleased with Mayberry Gardens. It has been a really good experience at this facility. The patient hasn't been there long but I cant think of anything that I would have them improve on at this point.

Good, Regimented Environment

It' a good, regimented environment, which is nice because of my loved one has memory issues. It sometimes seems like they do not have the skill set to handle some situations because of her memory, because she can be aggressive. I just feel like if these are memory caregivers, they should know how to deal with these problems. It seems to have calmed down though. I would like to see a little more activities too.

Great Option in Garland

Great place to put your loved one. Friendly staff. Very affordable assisted living. Residents there always seem happy and well cared for.

mom is doing well

My mother is currently staying at Mayberry Gardens and she is doing very well there. She is happy with the place, it is a nice facility, and the staff there is very helpful and caring.

A Delightful Community

So far I have enjoyed it. Everything is going pretty well. They can make an improvement on the food though. They'll give them small portions and sometimes its just a sandwich with chips. They should incorporate actual cooking. I think they do care about the residents there but there just so busy. They should make sure that the residents are getting enough activities to get them more involved. Other than that, This is a delightful community.

Amazing!

They were clean and the staff was friendly really like the food. Really enjoy living here and the community is active and atmosphere is amazing. I would very happily recommend Mayberry Gardens.

Nice place

I think they do a great job overall at Mayberry Gardens! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept facility, and the staff are friendly and take great care of the people who live here. I drop by all the time unannounced and it always looks nice, so they don't just only clean things up if they know they have visitors coming!

My mother loved this facility. She had many good experiences here. The care was really good and it was a very clean facility.

We really liked this, it was in our top two.

We really liked this, it was in our top two. They were clean and the staff was friendly. It wasn't as large as some of the other places we saw. It was a hair bit smaller than where we chose, otherwise it was pretty much the same and just came down to location. We also liked that it seemed to be Christian based.

Met with Diane and Wes - bo...

Met with Diane and Wes - both very nice. I liked the housing and the property. At this stage it is in our price range, but the price increases with the levels of care needed. I fear we will not be able to afford it if mom requires more care.

Best one yet! Love the sma...

Best one yet! Love the small home feel. Great director. Price is right too w/ all inclusive. Decent location. $2095/m

Mayberry Gardens is a special assisted living residence providing family-style living for seniors who need some assistance, but don't require full time skilled nursing care.

Each home is designed to accommodate 11 residents in a beautiful home-like environment that allows for both privacy and sociality. Since Mayberry Gardens is truly a home, our residents feel comfortable and secure.

Activities are designed to meet the needs and interests of each individual. Our caring staff provides assistance with all activities of daily living and give gentle, kind, loving care.

Those who have short-term memory loss or who have difficulty ambulating thrive in the close-knit home-like environment