Silver Creek Garland - Garland, TX

Welcoming and Accommodating!

My parents moved into Silver Creek a couple months ago. My dad was very reluctant to leave their house but realized he needed help taking care of my mom who has MS and also the beginnings of dementia.

My mom liked the place right away but my dad had a harder time adjusting to the changes. He was used to taking care of things himself so it took him awhile to realize he could ask the staff for help. When he would tell me about any issue he was having, I would call the Director, [name removed], and let her know. She makes herself very available and would address his concerns immediately, make sure they were taken care of, and then give me a call right back to let me know!

That level of care and customer service really caught me by surprise - it is so rare today! I have even contacted [name removed] for advice for a friend's parents, and she and her staff went above and beyond to get info for me and offer helpful suggestions.

Silver Creek has been as welcoming and accommodating as they can possibly be and have even won over my dad by now. (The ice cream may have had something to do with it!)

Excellent Facility

Silver Creek is an excellent facility. My father has been living there more than 2 years now. The staff is friendly and professional. The Executive Director [name removed] is very caring and has been there for our family every step of the way. Thank you!

Dementia residents beware

DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVED ONE HERE> The facility is clean & the lower paid staff is friendly-EXCEPT for the [removed], who is inclined to exaggerate, if not tell a fib, about the amount of activities the resident is involved in.
Also, and MOST IMPORTANT, [removed] will violate the resident's rights if it means that the money keeps coming in. If your loved one has dementia and is unaware, you will never know what is going on.

Review of Silver Creek Garland - Garland, TX

Very professional atmosphere pro-active. They make sure problems don’t arise, before a problem can occur.
Extremely friendly and happy atmosphere.

Natalie Stephens

Thanks for the review Terry! We appreciate the time that you took to leave a little note about Silver Creek!

Review of Silver Creek Garland - Garland, TX

My sister is living here in Silver Creek Assisted facility and doing so well. She’s so happy here as well as I am to have her well taken care of.

Natalie Stephens

Amy, we're so happy that you chose Silver Creek to be a part of Mary's life! We really enjoy seeing her and caring for her each and every day!

Review of Silver Creek Garland - Garland, TX

Best place ever. My aunt lives here and is very very happy. Have not seen her this happy since her husband passed away. She continues to praise all staff members.

Natalie Stephens

Thanks Debbie!! Kitty is such a delight to be around and we love her. She really can brighten up a room!

Review of Silver Creek Garland - Garland, TX

Amazing place, amazing people. Our loved one was awful to most of us (way before it became an age-related issue). Somehow she let the staff love her and she loved them back. [Removed] sets an amazing example, and showed amazing love and compassion not only to staff and residents, but also to families, who are also having a hard time.

Natalie Stephens

Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your loved ones life. We really do take our time with each and every resident to ensure they feel safe, welcomed and happy.

Great staff that genuinely cares about the residents. Clean, pleasant environment with appropriate activities for many varied needs. Problems are addressed swiftly and compassionately. No question this is the best place for my mother!

Natalie Stephens

Thanks Carla for trusting us to be part of your family and allowing us to care for your mom! We truly enjoy her and Cat! :)

This is an extremely well run community with great care.

Natalie Stephens

Thank you Paul for your review, we greatly appreciate your time and input!

Could Not Age in Place

I really enjoyed my tour of this community. My tour went well overall. This is smaller community compared to the others I toured. While talking with the tour guide they did inform me, that if my mother needed more care she would have to move.

Natalie Stephens

Hi there! We're glad to hear that you had an overall great experience/tour at our community and thank you for your review. As for any additional care needed, we are able to accommodate most care needs. Most all of our residents have been able to age in place and live comfortably in their apartment with third party services as requested by families. In the event a resident gains behavioral actions or is in need of a continuous medical need that only a skilled nursing facility provides, then yes, they would need to make other living arrangements which we're happy to assist with. Other than that, we are able to provide a very high level of care. If you would like further information, please feel free to reach out to our Marketing Director and she will be able to assist you and answer any additional questions that you may have.
Thank you again for your referral and we hope to hear from you soon!

An ok community

This community was a little pricey and I did not agree with the charges they wanted for services I felt should have been included. They charged for mileage to transport the residents to the doctor. I was not impressed with the person that took us on our tour. The community looked nice and clean.

Natalie Stephens

Thank you so much for your review! We greatly appreciate any feedback and we can always review our mileage policy and see if there is anything different that we can arrange. We do provide free transportation within a certain mileage radius and are capable of accommodating transportation outside of the radius as well. As for your experience with the tour, we are sorry to hear that you were not impressed. If you would like a second tour, please feel free to reach out to our community and ask for a tour by someone other than the person you originally toured with and we will be more than happy to accommodate your request. Again, we thank you for your review and we hope that we see you again in the near future!

Highly Recommended!

Everything about this place has been great! The staff is very good and the director, [Removed], is awesome! They know all of their residents by name and really care about them. The nurse, [Removed], is great as well! The meals that are served there are very good. They have a variety of activities that my mother is really enjoying. They even let me take her piano and set it in the dining room. It has been a positive experience.

Natalie Stephens

We're so happy you chose Silver Creek as your mother's new home and we have thoroughly enjoyed her playing her very own piano at our facility. The other resident's love to sit in and listen to her play as well!

They Had Small Apartments

When I had a tour of the community the staff and people were good to us. When they showed us an apartment I thought it was too small for our needs. Our loved one needed more room to move around.

Natalie Stephens

Hello there! We're sorry we were unable to provide an apartment size that best fit your needs, but we thank you for taking time to visit with us and consider us as an option for your loved one. If we can ever be of any help please feel free to reach out anytime and we will be more than happy to do everything that we can!

New home

[Removed] is AWESOME! She really cares about her residents and staff!! I believe it is a great fit for my mother!!
They have great care for her physical needs as well!! Foods good too!!

Natalie Stephens

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review for us! We're so happy we were chosen to be her new home!

Mom Enjoys Everything

Mom is doing great. I was talking to my sister she says the only thing she is upset with is that we are paying extra for extra care, like make sure there are toiletries items stocked. My sister likes the staff and they have all been friendly. Mom loves the staff. At a New Years Eve Event, she told me she loves it there. She has made some friends. The staff tell me when its time to eat she is ready to go.

Natalie Stephens

We are so happy to hear that your mother loves it here at Silver Creek and thank you for choosing us to be a part of your family!

Excellent place!

They have been great. Seriously they are very nice and helpful. The food has been great. I have no complaints. The staff is excellent at what they do. It is the kind of place that I like to visit. When I need a place i would like to go here.

Natalie Stephens

Thank you so much for making Silver Creek your loved ones new home!

Excellent

It was very hard to make the decision to place my father in assisted living. Silver Creek was the very first place we looked at and I was very impressed. I looked at a few other places, but Silver Creek offered the best of what we were looking for.
[Remoed], [Removed], [Removed] and everyone else I have encountered all go out of their way to be helpful. I feel confident in my father's care at Silver Creek

Natalie Stephens

Thanks for trusting us with your dad's needs Cathy! We are so very happy to have him as a part of our growing family as well. Our doors are always open and are phones are always on so please don't hesitate to reach out anytime!

Beautiful, open, clean. Lots of commom areas for everyone to use with small pockets of space for private meals or family visits, etc. Informed staff and enthuiasm for their residence. Loved choice of room options.

Natalie Stephens

Visits from family and friends are important to our residents so we're happy to hear that you are also pleased with the common areas we have provided. We love our residents, families and the great feedback!

Great Community!

The staff at Silver Creek Garland were very friendly and courteous. They were very knowledgeable and were able to address all of my concerns for my loved ones. They took me around to view the beautiful community and it was very well kept throughout. It was very nicely cleaned.

Natalie Stephens

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your tour and welcome you back any time! If your loved ones aren't current residents yet, feel free to bring them in for a meal and we would love to catch up!

Simply beautiful!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The community was so clean you could eat off of the floor. The main chef could not cook at all and had a poor attitude. The other two chefs studied at Cordon Bleu and were great. They were in transition for an activities director at the time. The community lacked activities and entertainment. They did offer transportation outside of the community. I felt it was too expensive for the services I received.

Natalie Stephens

Hello there! First, I would like to thank you very much for your review as everyone's experience is different and yours will help us ensure that we do everything we can to make everyone's experience the best possible. Our cooks are amazing at what they do and have created menus to rotate throughout the seasons. We apologize if you were unhappy with particular meals, but our cooks do their very best to please each and every resident's needs/requests, which can sometimes be difficult. As of last week, we have our Activities Coordinator on board full time and she is doing an amazing job keeping our calendar full and our residents entertained! We would love to invite you back in anytime to join an activity or even for a meal!
Again, we thank you for the time you took to tell us about your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Mom Loves It Here

My mom is doing excellent and loves the community she is at. The staff are excellent people. I have no problems with the community being clean, the staff are on top of that. The food is good here and Mom joins in all the activities available. I would recommend this community.

Natalie Stephens

Yaaaaay! It makes our day hearing that your mom loves Silver Creek! We take pride in the services we provide from care, to housekeeping and dining experiences. Our cooks are amazing at what they do and have created menus to rotate throughout the seasons. Our calendar is full of events to keep our residents busy and active and we love to hear that she is involved. Thank you for your review and we look forward to creating more memories with your mom!

Excellent facility

Excellent facility.Efficient and friendly staff.The place is clean, the food is good and my mom really likes the place.The management listens to suggestions and are supportive of families.My mom has made significant improvement in a short time.

Natalie Stephens

We are so please to hear that your mother likes Silver Creek and we're very happy knowing that we have been a part of her improvement! The doors of our management team are always open to listen to each resident and family member so don't hesitate to stop in anytime!

We have only been there about a month, but we are pleased with Gaagie's care. We haven't received any petty phone calls, and our requests have been addressed quickly.

Natalie Stephens

Hello there! We're glad to hear that you are pleased with your Gaagie's care and we will always be available to address your or any other resident's and/or family members requests. We thank you for choosing us to be a part of your family!

It was a nice facility.

We toured here when we were looking at places. It was a nice facility. They were new, and didn't have a lot of residents. They used some kind of air freshener, that I had a reaction to, it made it difficult to breathe. The lady that toured us was great, she even offered us the benefit of working with a veteran that would help coordinate VA benefits. We thought that was really nice, and we liked it, but it was just too far for me to get to on a regular basis.

Natalie Stephens

Hi there! First of all, I'd like to thank you for taking time out of your day to write the first review for Silver Creek! We greatly appreciate it and we definitely value your feedback. We are very sorry for the scent that caused you to have a reaction of difficult breathing. We will take our scents into consideration from now on and be cautious of others possible allergies. We hope that the information regarding VA benefits was helpful to you and your family and if we can ever be of any further assistance, don't hesitate to call us. Again, we thank you for your review and we hope to see you again!

The staff are amazing and provide the best care. The facility is clean and beautiful.

Natalie Stephens

Thank you for your review! We do our very best to provide the best care possible while still paying close attention to the appearance of our building.

Call us today for more information! We would love to invite you in for a tour and lunch!