Avalon Memory Care - Garland - Garland, TX

This facility had the right room at the right time. They were very quick in following up with me and getting my Wife in. The room they showed us was exactly what we were looking for. I’m very pleased with the staff and they know the residents by name. The staff members also know and react to the things she likes and doesn’t like. The community is tucked away and is well organized. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Jon Seib

The difficulty that we run into sometimes ,being a smaller home-like environment, is having a room available that meets a potential loved one's needs. It sounds like that one room was available at the right time for you! We are so blessed to have such as a marvelously caring and compassionate staff at our Garland location. Appreciate your time in leaving this review.

Didn't Care for My Tour Very Much

I didn't really care for my tour of this community. The staff was very kind, and friendly. However during my tour I could that this was not the facility for my mother, and her needs. I did find other community that suited our needs better.

Jon Seib

Thank you for letting the reader know that our location in Garland is top notch with kind and caring staff. Unfortunately you were referred to us by A Place For Mom incorrectly. We take care of individuals afflicted with a short term memory loss of some sort and have for 22 years now. I am glad you were able to find proper placement for your mother at this time. Know that we are here in case your mother's needs change in the future.

Care and concern

We toured this community for care.We talked with the staff and they did not seem organized at the time. They did not know we were coming and they did not answer a lot. The community was clean and the menu was appealing. We would recommend this community for older residents for the care of a loved one. This community might want to prepare more. We would recommend that families make sure that the staff is available to answer questions for the families needing care.

Jon Seib

Typically a tour is set up so that we can have the correct personnel in place to answer your questions thoroughly although obviously if one were to walk in to visit for potential placement of their loved one without a tour we will certainly oblige. There are periods of time, for example around lunch time, where if someone walks in it can be tough to give our undivided attention based upon the population we serve. I am sorry this seemingly occurred with you. I am glad that you were at least able to see this gorgeous home-like environment and meet some of our staff and residents. I'm sure that our Director must have followed up with you afterwards. Please reach out if we can be of further assistance.

Avalon Garland

There are not enough words to express my gratitude to Matt, Judy, and the staff at Avalon Garland. My family was lost in the mire of senior living/Medicaid/doctors/lawyers/emotions associated with moving Mom out of the house she had lived in for 50 years to an assisted living facility. One phone call to Matt and his team resolved all of our problems and worries. He made the process simple and assured us every step of the way. Matt is always available for even the most ridiculous of questions and concerns. Mom is safe and happy now at Avalon. Thanks Matt. I had forgotten that there were kind and caring people left in this world.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for this review. The mentioning of names of team members that are the people that make Avalon what it is really means a lot. We are blessed to have so many multi-year employees that are here for one reason......they care! Please reach out if I can be of any assistance in the future. Take Care.

Excellent care

Avalon is a beautiful facility that is spacious and has lots of amenities. The place is clean and well kept. The staff does an excellent job of providing care with compassion to the residents. The level of care is excellent.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this glowing review. Judy and the crew do such an amazing job out there. We wish you and your family the very best. Take Care.

very helpful

From the very beginning at Avalon Memory Care the staff have been very helpful. They even got her in before we had our paperwork finalized. We thought this whole experience would be a nightmare but staff has just made the experience wonderful. I am so impressed with everything here. I am really pleased with this facility and the staff.

Jon Seib

We are blessed with an incredible staff out their in Garland. I am so glad that we could turn this potentially nightmarish situation of a move into as pleasant an experience as possible. Feel free to let me know if you ever need anything. Take Care.

really good place

The place is very clean, the staff is very caring, and it is just a really good overall place.

I do think it would be good if the residents were able to go outside more, but for reasons having to do dementia and DADS (Disability Assessment for Dementia Scale) requirements they are not able to go out much.

Maybe in the next building they can set it up with a courtyard in the middle where the building goes around it. I would hope that would meet DADS requirements while letting the residents get outside more often.

Jon Seib

We appreciate the review and when weather permits will take advantage of the courtyard area more so this next year. Take Care.

They are going above and beyond, and making a good effort

They have been in business for about 20 years. They are going above and beyond, and making a good effort to handle the difficult behaviors that go with advanced dementia and Alzheimer's. They don't just send them to a psyche ward the first time things get difficult. It's still new but so far I am pretty pleased with their effort.

Jon Seib

Thank you very much for your review of one of our newest locations off of Colonel Drive. As a family company we certainly bend over backwards to make sure our residents are not thrown into " the system". The fact is that there is a reason why your loved one is with us and it can include agitation, paranoia, delusions or anything else associated with dementia. This is who we take care of and we are very thankful to have the opportunity to care for your loved one. Always feel free to call me if I can be of any assistance as you go through this journey.

At AVALON, we set ourselves apart from other residences with the level of care and compassion we show to our residents. Our care is unique in that we treat our residents as people with individual needs rather than grouping them as "those with dementia". After all, a lack of cognitive ability doesn’t equate to a lack of individual personality. It is important to remember that we are guests in their home.