Not on my watch

There care goes beyond....?!
Family members are required to attend shower assists, medications reminders are forgotten or when given, not supervised. We experienced caregivers leaving medications with loved one before being taken by them.
Nurse on duty is a tyrant. We have witnessed her telling both family members and other residents
"to get over it" when a problem arises that she doesn't want to address, indifferent attitude, no
"warm and fuzzy" exists with her.
Stay far away from this establishment!!!

lazy,rotten,house

the hall ways smell,carpets stained,rooms dont get cleaned vaccum in front of furniture not under not dusted bath rooms not clean att all.when in hall ways you can smell the residents because they dont change like they should be,when they do wipe them off ,not wash them off,ihad a sister there that was kicked out because i complain about all this,so she went to hospital to have surgery inseptember,i called in january telling them the date she was to be back from nursing home from leg surgery they sent someone over to evloate her cant come back,to unsteady.thry took her rent from oct. to jan.,why didnt they give me heads up back in october?

They can't handle Alzheimer's

They have a floor for "memory patients" but this does not mean they know how to handle or care for someone with Alzheimer's. After an incident, I had to pay for someone to watch my Dad inside Marquette House 24/7 for a month so Marquette House could figure out if they could handle him. $10,000 later, the verdict was "no." The agency I hired to watch my Dad inside Marquette House reported to me that their lack of patience, flexibility and imagination in dealing with Alzheimer's were provoking incidents. Found another place. Also, their "activities" consisted of residents watching TV all day.

Flat out lied to me!

A friend of mine lived there. We did NOT have a good experience at Marquette House! The staff was pleasant and friendly but I don't know if the care was as good even though it was assisted living. Things didn't seem to happen when they should have. We had a big problem trying to get a refridgerator that worked. It took 6 months to get one that worked. The old one froze everything solid becuase the controls were broken.

We had a bed bug issue. The dermatologist said it wasn't beg bugs, it was specific kind of dermatitis and Marquette House sprayed for bed bugs anyway. They flat out lied to me telling me that they had an exterminator did it. I confronted them and they finally told me that that they had sprayed bug spray from the hardware store. When they lied to me like that I went straight to my friend's room and said you're moving!

licenced,meals,bathing,meds,nurse, st...

licenced,meals,bathing,meds,nurse, studio bit shabby & poorly decorated. smells,