Sunrise of Palos Park - Palos Park, IL

We loved the facility. We especially loved Ranger the house resident dog. The verandas and rocking chairs gave the facility the feel of home.

In a Secure Community

My mom is getting good care. They are providing the help she needs and she is secure within the community. Overall it is good but there was a small issues. They did lose some things in the laundry but they found it later on.

A nice visit

This community was nice and it was a close second to the community we chose. This community has a smaller memory care unit. The people we met were friendly and helpful. This community had a waiting list when we were looking.

The Memory Care

I hear my mom is doing really well and she is now settling into the Memory Care. She is safe and the community is in a very convenient location. It is easy to visit her and she has got many guest that stop by. That is why we picked this community and it looked very nice. She has a lot of her own furniture in her room.

very nice facility!!

I thought this place was very nice and had a lot of beautiful features to it. Everything was very clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. The staff where on time to our tour appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. It was just not the right location for mom in the end decision.

An older facility!

My tour of Sunrise of Palos Park went well. The tour guide was very friendly and had information prepared for me. The facility was a bit older and in need of some updating.

A nice community but the residential units were a little dark, and there weren't enough common spaces such as a movie room or game room, like in other communities.

Clean Facility!!

I have no complaints of my tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and where very friendly to my father and I. They gave us a very detailed tour of there facility and made sure to answer and questions that we had for them in detail. All of the residents looked happy and content in there living environment which was pleasant to see. It was just not the right fit for my dad and we ended up choosing a different place for him.

Friendly Tour

I had a good tour of this community, everything went well. The staff was friendly, and kind to my family and I. The community looked nice, and appeared to be well-kept. It was a nice experience, but I found a community that suited our needs better.

Lovely facility. Brilliant room available. Top of the budget.

Friendly Tour

I had a good tour of this community. It was a nice community. It is a nice, clean community. Everything looked nice from what I saw. The staff was friendly, and kind. It was a good experience, everything went well.

Horrible Experience!!

I did not have a pleasant experience at all with this community. It was absolutely a horrible tour. When I had arrived to look at the facility they had brought me to a section where my father would be placed and it was not somewhere I would ever want him to be. All of the residents where in wheel chairs just sitting and in a dark room among other disturbing things I had saw.

We did like this facility, it was one of our top 3, but decided to go with another one at this time.

Neat
Clean
15 miles east

My Mother Is Law is Doing Well At This Community

So far everything is working out pretty well for my mother. We do feel this was the right move for her and her needs. My husband and I am not in the same state, but we know she is being cared for well here. It is a good safe community. The family is comfortable with the care they are providing her with. Everything has worked out very well.

The right choice.

It was the facility chosen for Mom. The others were nice but the climate and offerings were just right for her. She has been there a week. Visitors told her she made the right choice and is settling in well.

Friendly Staff!!

The staff were friendly with me and attentive. There is available nursing care on the community if a resident needs more assistance. Activities on site and off site are offered. The community is a pet friendly place, the residents can take their little ones on walks inside. Vegetarian meals are offered, if any of the residents are in a special diet they will try to accommodate their needs.

The community and the grounds are well maintained.

Sunrise of Palos Park is not the right fit for my mother in law. Since moving in she thinks the food is terrible and the staff are not attentive to her needs . They promised us that she would be involved in activities but she does not usually leave her room. I do not think I would recommend this community but I do recommend doing your research on the communities.

Very Satisfied

Very caring, friendly, competent and professional. Beautiful facility, well maintained and very secure. Large rooms, beautiful view, large closet. Food is great! Many activities and great staff.

I recently placed mother there and she likes it very much. It was difficult to convince her to move from her home but I think she will adjust well. The staff seems very friendly and attentive.

The friendliness varies. I was more happier than the employees there. Most times I was disappointed. The staff was walking around with bum faces. We spent over $[removed] for my dad there just for the dementia area and from what we saw no one was paying attention to anyone. My dad was in soiled diapers when I got there and he was suppose to have supplies in his room but didn't. They did not start putting them there until I complained about it.

We are very happy with them.

We are very happy with them. We have had no problems at all. I feel mom is very safe there. I am very comfortable with them. I would give them five, they are the best.

I just have wonderful things to say

I would rate the food a five. There are so many choices, and the staff has taken notice of our dad's likes and dislikes. I just have wonderful things to say; about the staff and how the overall transition was wonderful. We liked the style of the rooms, because there could be a shared room cost wise, but it still feels like a private setting. We liked the location, and it was just an overall welcoming feeling.

It's been good. A lot of the residents aren't particularly social.

It's been good. A lot of the residents aren't particularly social. The activities so far have been sort of superficial, and low level, and not exceptionally stimulating. They are extremely expensive, and the a la carte services add up quick, everything is for a fee. The staff are very friendly, but they seem more used to caring for people who don't want a lot of interaction. She enjoys the meals, but she thinks there is too much food, and too much waste. Everyone highly recommended them, and raved about how clean they are and how friendly the staff is, and they are. Everything they say they do they do well. It just isn't what we need, we need some more activity and stimulation.

Very Happy

I am very happy with the Sunrise of Palos Park. I only have positive things to say about the Sunrise of Palos Park. I am very, very happy. This is a great community. 5 stars all the way. I would recommend this place.

Small quaint little place. Clean and bright. The studio and companion apartments are very small. There are additional costs and this raises the price per month depending level of care. Too expensive.

beautiful facility with a homey feel. Jenna and her staff are terrific. Even a friendly lab to make it feel like home. clean and beautifully decorated. We will be following up here!

I think they are doing a good job.

I think they are doing a good job. It was clean and the staff is friendly. I don't have anything negative to say about them. I think this just might not be the right fit for Mom, she is having a hard time with the transition.

I think they are doing a pretty good job.

I think they are doing a pretty good job. She seems a little more comfortable there, and she has been participating more with activities, and socializing. The staff has been pretty good, and pretty on top of things. The one thing I was surprised to get, was a monthly update on her condition and any changes. It is a lot more expensive than where we were before, and they go through their own company for medication, plus an extra fee for medication.

Sunrise Palos Park

We transferred my mom here from another assisted living facility after she was hospitalized and former facility could not take her back due to an increase in care need. She seems much happier here than at the other facility. The food is great and the staff is wonderful and attentive. The decor is a charming victorian style. The cost is approximately $1000 more but worth it for the care and her happiness. One major complaint is that the visitor's parking is terrible! There is so much open land in the front of the building that could be converted to parking. There are only 8 parking spots up front and it's definitely a major inconvenience.

really exceptional

My mother-in-law is thrilled at Sunrise! My father-in-law, however, is still a little resistant to the idea. The people that we have worked with have been really exceptional. It's a really tough job day in and day out, and they are always smiling and always helpful and pleasant. I've never heard even the slightest bit of a cross tone to a resident, which I am always listening for so I can get a sense for what happens when we leave.

Very nice , the tour was do...

Very nice , the tour was done well. All my questions were answered. An estimated cost was done by Jenna. She was extremely helpful. The facility was exactly what we are looking for.

Lovely facility

Beautiful facility! The grounds, the rooms, the dining and recreational areas all very lovely. The staff is friendly and helpful. We feel that Mom is in a good, safe place, with people looking out for her best interests. We visited several facilities. Sunrise was the nicest, plus it was less expensive than the others. We are very pleased.

Great outside porch with ro...

Great outside porch with rocking chairs, very welcoming. Large dining area with a TV room near by. The rooms seemed small to me an the shared place was not much better. Bathroom place was small especially for two people. Nice patio but access was from the outside you had to go around the building.

They could offer a better variety of activities in the evening.

Overall it's going pretty well. They could offer a better variety of activities in the evening. They only offer activities in the evening one day a week. We did have a problem with them forgetting showers, so that was one issue. I haven't had any complaints about the food.

What stood out mostly is how nice it was, how homey it felt.

We are pretty happy with it, we haven't had any complaints, and there isn't really anything I would like done different or improved. They are clean and the staff is friendly. They respond to concerns and requests well. They have a good variety of activities for different interests. What stood out mostly is how nice it was, how homey it felt.

Very clean, well maintained...

Very clean, well maintained. Residents were a little more reserved and quiet. Jenna presented the facility nicely. She did a great job explaining the facility and things included in cost. Slightly increased prices versus Emeritus. Visited the 1 BR, 2 bR shared, and 2 room. Activities and church services provided.

Beautiful place that's also affordable!

Beautiful facility with very gracious staff for a reasonable price. I've had to put some effort into safety issues and skin care but all suggestions have been received positively with corrections made immediately. Cost is based on level of care needed.

Positive tour experience. ...

Positive tour experience. Secure environment. Requires residence bring in their own furniture. Separate charge for room and care. Changes in care required increase to overall charges. Residence bring in own furniture. 4th choice

I liked the outside porch a...

I liked the outside porch and so did my mother, she likes to sit outside in the summer. What I did not care for was the phone system, they did not supply the connection and we would have to have it setup with the phone company. Every facility we toured offered the phone for an additional fee of $40 or less and they supplied the connection.

So far, my father's care here has bee...

So far, my father's care here has been excellent. The staff has been wonderful...they are very caring, upbeat and knowledgeable. The facility is well-cared for, clean, easy to access and attractive (but not overly) decorated. Visitor parking is very limited and I often have to park either in the back ( what I assume is the staff lot) or on an access road. My family feels very comfortable that he is safe and well-cared for. Cost could be an issue in the future as my father does not have a lot of resources and they do not accept Medicaid. But, for now, we are happy to have him placed in such a caring community with tons of senior-specific activities.

Very Happy with Sunrise!

I'm very happy with them. I'm happy about the care that she receiving. She's getting her meals and medications and I like the social activities that they have for her too. I was just there today and they had a gentleman there playing music from the 30s and 40s. She was enjoying herself and having a great time! The couple meals I've had there have been very good and she said she likes their food too. Her adjustment is still going because she's only been there for about two months but right now everything is great. She's not in the memory center yet. She's in the assisted living and I think that they've handled it very well so far. The price was within her means and the location is right in between me and her daughter-in-law who visits a lot.

Very Homey and Comfortable

I liked them very much but they were a little expensive. It's felt like home. It was very cozy and everybody was familiar with everyone else. You could tell it was pretty friendly. They had a lot of really nice rooms, like a movie room and there were puzzles everywhere. It just felt really comfy and familiar.

Provides what we couldn't at home

The staff is definitely a five, the care is incredible, the facility is very well done. It's homey, it makes people feel comfortable, the staff is very involved, they know everybody, they're unbelievably well trained. I had the unfortunate opportunity to be there when one of the residents had put something in the microwave and forgot about it. the microwave blew up and there was a small fire, but the way the staff responded, before the fire department even got there, they got everyone cleared out of that wing in minutes and out to fresh air.
They have a wide range of activities, the bingo, people that come in, little things that, believe it or not, my grandmother loves. To be perfectly honest, on an emotional level, I would prefer her to be at home, but this is a close second. From an intellectual respect, this place is better than her home because this place provides the social stimulation she wouldn't get at home, the security and the care she needs.

Sunrise of Palos Park

Very happy with Sunrise, and feel confident with the staff. My mom enjoys her room and loves the food including the wine at lunch.

Extremely Friendly

We chose Sunrise for many different reasons it is difficult to say which one is the biggest reason. One of the reasons is that we looked at a couple different Sunrise communities and they were just beautiful provided and good feeling and did not feel like a hospital or institution. Another reason is that the food is great my parents are really enjoying it they provide plenty of variety. The geographical location of Sunrise really made it convenient for our family and really worked for us. The staff is extremely friendly from the top to the bottom. Every staff member says hi to everyone that is in the community whether it is a visitor or a resident. Even the executive director makes sure he says hi to everyone. The residents seem really happy and they to say hi to everyone visiting, living or working the community. It is pricey and could cost less; we pay a little over $900 just to have medication administered. Other than that it is a very good community and we are really happy with it. It is a big enough community to have lots of residents and provide plenty of interaction.

Feels like a Hotel not a Hospital.

One of the main reasons we choose the “Sunrise of Palos Park” for mom is because of its location it located close my brother and me. The people are really nice and the community is very clean. Although it is very clean it doesn’t have a hospital or nursing home feel to it, it feels more like a hotel setting than a nursing home. The overall care services provided are pretty nice, and the activities are great. Mom stays pretty busy with the activities that she likes like when they all get together just for a social or when they play bingo, the people even come and get mom to remind her of the activities that they know she likes. The food is good also, they eat in the dinning room but instead of it being like a cafeteria they actually sit down at a table and can order the food they want from a menu. So it’s more like a restaurant with a good amount of Varity than a cafeteria. Mom also likes going to the on site beautician, she gets her hair done every Friday. My brother and I made a good decision in choosing “Sunrise” for my mom. She is happy their.

Very pretty from outside - ...

Very pretty from outside - great location.

BEAUTIFUL place! I really liked it!

BEAUTIFUL place! I really liked it!