Marjorie Mc Cune Memorial Ctr - Black Mountain, NC

Not for us

This community felt a little creepy when I visited. They do have a few independent living residents. Most of the residents had to share a room. The residents did not look very healthy or active. This community seemed more institutionalized. We did not think this community would be the right fit for my loved one.

Nice cottages and very helpful staff.
Thanks for " A place for Mom"

Couldn't be happier!

My mother is loving her stay at the McCune Center! The staff is doing a great job at catering to my mother's needs. The facility is well maintained. There are many opportunities for my mother to participate in activities and socialize. Overall, my mother couldn't be happier!

Upon entering you are immediately overwhelmed by the smell of what I assume was urine. The inside of the building is very cold in appearance. The furniture in the main front area was worn. The admission's director was not very knowledgeable or organized in her presentation of the program. She did not know the difference between a psychologist and psychiatrist. She also doubles as the activity director. Semi-private room was very small and separated by some make shift divider that looked like it could fall over at anytime. The staff interacted with each other in a frustrated tone. I couldn't imagine living there and would not ask that of any family member, mine or yours.

Great Tour Here At This Community

I had a good tour of this community. This is a nice community with kind people. The staff was very kind and welcoming. From what I saw everything looked very nice. It looks like a fancy hotel. I was very impressed with how knowledgeable the staff was. It was great tour.

The food is pretty good at Marjorie Mc Cune Memorial Ctr!

My brother did not have a good experience in his stay at this community. They had him in one room when he moved in and then they changed his room the next day. When I inquired as to why they said they try to have them with a roommate they are compatible with. When they moved him into the new room he did not get along with his roommate and due to issues with him and the staff not assisting he is no longer living at this community.

Marjorie McCune Memorial Ctr is well taken care of and I would recommend it!!!

This community has been a good choice for my dad. The staff are very nice and easy to deal with. My dad likes the food and they have a good variety for him to choose from. He was not interested in participating in any activities when he first arrived but he has since been getting more involved.

Review of Marjorie Mc Cune Memorial Ctr - Black Mountain, NC

The activity department offers bowling movies bridge canasta dances and a lot of socialization. I like the buffet breakfast and salad bar at lunch also the 24 7 snack bar. Very home-like and friendly with a focus on seniors.