Magnolia Heights - Franklin, MA

happy resident

It will be 2 yrs in May that I made the decision to move into Magnolia Heights and I have not regretted it for a minute. I've made many good friends and taken part in many activities that would never have been available if I was living alone. There is a special atmosphere here of being taken care of by the whole staff that cannot be overstayed.
Magnolia Heights is my HOME.

A so-so review

I wrote a nice review of this facility back in December 2016. I had many nice things to say, but since then they have gone back to the months they first opened. It all stems from the Managers, not the asst. managers. We are going back to loosing good employees both quitting and fired and it is noticed by the residents that truly care for the people here. It is the feeling that most of them would love to see them leave. They have tried their very best to be friendly with the residents, but always not that good to the people that work with and help us on their daily chores. Again, the above thoughts are of many residents not just mine.

Life Transition

Since my father passed away three years ago, it was extremely difficult for my mother to adjust to being alone.

When we walked in the front door of Magnolia Heights, I could see her light up and say, this is like a five star hotel. After our tour and having all her questions answered, the people at Magnolia asked when she thought she would like to move in and her response was yesterday.

Know that she is settled into her new apartment, may family and I have note seen her this happy since my father was alive.

Thank you for your guidance and assistance in her life transition.

Outstanding Care

I like the community for my mom. The community is very clean and taken care of. She really likes the food and the variety. She is so overwhelmed with everything. The community is clean and looks forward to being there each day. They offer outstanding activities that she is really enjoying. The community is outstanding in every area. We highly recommend the care and the value of this community to other families needing care for a loved one.

Fantastic Christmas Day here at Magnolia Heights

My family and I just finished one fantastic day here at Magnolia Heights this Christmas Day. The staff both in the kitchen and the severs did a wonderful job preparing and serving the meal. Along with them I have give the managers a big hand for all the help they did to help where needed and taking care of all the needs of the residents in the dinning area. The meal was very tasty and filling. (Sirloin steak, twice baked potato, asparagus and a nice sauce drizzled on top) I had my whole family here and they had a nice time. We had the side private room making it cozy and comfortable to talk. Our server did an excellent job and was extremely pleasant as all the girls and guys are. At the end of the day my son and wife came back for the buffet so to speak as there was 3 or 4 types of sandwich made up and along with them there was potato chips, pickles, macaroni salad, cold water or coke. At the end they had a trolley with fruity type pie another desert that we had for lunch that was delicious but kinda sweet and filling.
I really have to say that everyone involved with today's actives did a superb job.Kudos to all.
[Removed]

Unhappy

The people who does the tours tell you everything about Magnolia Heights and an awful lot of things that are not true. They say many Programs they provide and in reality they do not. I would not recommend this place to my very worst enemy, well next to my worst enemy. Staff and cleanliness is very good more especially the ones we have now. their menu leaves a lot to be desired as they have a very hard time trying to give those that need a special diet. I continually leave the table hungry as by the time I can get the proper food it is cold or not really editable at least to my liking.
The BIG draw back is the PARKING. There isn't enough parking for the residents let alone all the health aides coming and going. There is only about 6 handicap locations and many need them and more are needed to where handicap people that can't walk to far closer to their apartments. That is a very big thing to the barley able to walk people. Now available only at front door.

Best Of The Best!!

My mother is doing good at this community, shes liking it trying to be more social.The complex offers a variety of activities for the residents, there is always a lot going on. The apartment she is in is comfortable, she has enough space for all of her belongings and they provide housekeeping once a week .The community provides 3 meals day, the dining room is like an open coffee bar with snacks and drinks.

Home Sweet Home!!

My friend feels very safe in this community. The food is very good and tasty. The activities that she engages in are really good. The housekeeping does a good job maintaining her room nice and tidy. I would recommend this place to friends and family. They have many amenities available as well.

A Learning Experience

Maureen called me to set a tour and we found that we know each other. During my tour I realized this is the wrong place for my cousin. Maureen explained to they were for independent seniors. It did seem to big and formal. It was a nice, convenient, and very informative tour.

a very nice choice

welcome from the first day.the food is great-lots of choices and variety.we love the theatre and always some activity to participate in.this was agreatchoice for my wife and i.

a great choice for us

welcoming atmosphere,friendly,makes family feel that they are also part of the experience.

Nice Community!!

My father has been doing well since the move to Magnolia Heights. The staff is being friendly and they are communicating well with the family. I feel the community is clean and organized. My father so far has liked the meals that they offer. I feel that my father is in a safe place and receiving the care he needs.

Comfort For Mom!!

The Magnolia Heights was a good community. My mother resided there and the staff was nice. The community was clean and up-kept. Meals are provided for the residents. Activities on site are also available for the folks that like to participate.

I Enjoy The Community

I am happy with the care that is here. The staff are friendly people and are welcoming with guests, I have no complaints. The facility is clean all the time. I think I would recommend this community to my family or friends if they need it.

My 87 year old mother moved in two month ago. She moved from a beautiful well managed property in Boca Raton that she lived in for over 20 years. I was concerned about the move but it has been a great surprise. She enjoys the food service and activities and Movie Theater. Clean well designed and very bright living quarters. Nice balcony and large bath room. Staff very accommodating and many dining choices among plusses at this retirement community. Very happy with her move in experience. Makes independent living a easy transition.

no nurse on staff exercise room had no bikes or treadmills only stairmasters seemed like long walk to laundry rooms good size nice dining room

Please review everything that they say

I have lived here since they opened there doors and personally have not liked since the day we moved. Family circumstances keeps me here. We have had many pairs of managers along with a 1/2 dozen assistant managers. Something is happening with upper mangerment as we have lost 3 or 4 chefs and many of the everyday workers have left as there duties keep getting added onto without question. Food is just so, so and service is ok.
This places promises a lot but does not deliver on 3/4 of the promises. They do try and help you settle in a little but stop quickly when new come in and then they start all over again. When one walks down the hallways it sounds as if you are in a dog kennel with all the barking coming from the rooms. If a new person comes and drives, you had better hire a car and driver as the parking is very poor especially when all the physical therapist come a take all the spots. God help ya if just run to the drug store and come back to no parking places. Look wisely before signing anything

Stay away from magnolia and the people who run it

This buisness gets negative stars. If you care about your loved ones, please don't consider here. They are not good people. So many better places. Don't let them fake their niceness and try to persuade you what a wonderful place it is. I could say so much. I just hope this helps someone who's considering before it's too late.

They deserve no stars ... but had to but at least something to post

It was very nice.

It was very nice. It's new, because it is new, they find that residents like to be seated with new people so they could get to know people, they are very friendly. They serve meals 3 times a day. The rooms were huge here, but it was very expensive.

Home is where you are

What a wonderful place to call home. My 84 year old mom was not motivated living with a family member. No matter how much we tried to encourage her to be active and eat right she isolated herself and was not taking care of herself. She is a social butterfly and quickly adjusted by introducing herself to others and joining the activities to make friends. I think , depending on herself, she had to do things for herself as no one was around to do it for her. Mom has become stronger and is very happy with all the activities in the home. It's all included! I highly recommend the Magnolia Heights home and the staff are absolutely wonderful and attentive to everyone's needs.

Magnolia Heights has the activities you want to participate in!!!!

I cannot say enough about how great this community has been for my mom. The entire staff is friendly and go above and beyond. When she first moved in the staff let us borrow furniture from one of the model apartments to make sure she liked it there before we moved in her own. The place is beautiful and they have a walkway outside for the residents. Our family has enjoyed more than one good meal here. I would recommend this community.

Mom Absolutely Loves It !!

My mother absolutely loves this community and I'am very pleased. This is truly a great community with wonderful people. The community is very clean and well maintained. The staff is great, they are wonderful and very helpful. She is trying some new activities and meeting new people. She is able too maintain her independence and have access to help if she needs it. They have good rates and are caring for her very well. I would recommend it.

Fantastic place!

We couldn't be happier with how things have turned out at Magnolia Heights, I'd give them top marks across the board! The place looks great, and has a friendly family oriented atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and caring, and they even do a great job with the meals! They really go above and beyond with every little thing, I would highly recommend them!

Happy with Magnolia Heights

After mom fell a couple of times in her apartment, we knew it was time to find her an independent living facility. Magnolia Heights is just what we were looking for. The most important thing that I immediately came to appreciate was the care and understanding the staff has for each family's unique needs when it is time for a move like this. Magnolia is new. It is clean. The staff is super-friendly. There are plenty of activities. Three great meals a day. All day coffee, fruit and frozen yogurt. Mom has only been there for two weeks and she is slowly getting used the change, but we already are seeing a positive change in her attitude.