Magnolia Estates of Oconee - Watkinsville, GA

Excellent care, Great staff

My dad has been at Magnolia Estates for 4 years and I have nothing but great things to say about this assisted living home. The staff not only takes excellent care of the residents, but they are friendly and fun which makes it an enjoyable place to live. They create a family-like atmosphere that makes residents and family members feel at home. Because of the relatively small size of Magnolia Estates, the entire staff knows all the residents and are all aware of each of the resident’s needs. Therefore, their care is very personal and individualized. I have found that this really separates Magnolia Estates from other larger assisted living homes. There is good communication between staff and family regarding the resident. They are always willing to take time to discuss any issues or concerns you may have.

The grounds are lovely and are kept up nicely. The beautiful landscape and flowers make it inviting to go outside. There is a walkway around the building that allows residents to easily get some exercise outside. There are also several nice sitting areas outside.

The food is excellent and there are many activities for the residents. There are several living room areas, a game room, and a TV room so residents have several places to go during the day other than their room.

Again, I can’t say enough good things about Magnolia Estates of Oconee. My dad has been very happy there, loves the staff, and so do I!

Magnolia Estates of Oconee An Excellent Choice

When my husband and I moved to the Athens area, we needed a retirement living facility for my dad. Magnolia Estates was recommended to us by friends whose mother had previously been a resident. We visited and were very impressed with the facility and the staff. We chose Magnolia Estates and have not one regret! My dad’s needs were more than met with care, respect and attentiveness. My dad grew to love several of the staff who cared for him and developed meaningful friendships with them and several of the residents. Magnolia Estates is lovely, clean, well maintained and the kitchen staff makes wonderful meals!!!
Every April they host a family day and provide the best smoked chicken (Thank you [Name removed]) and several sides. Family members bring a covered dish and have a wonderful day celebrating our loved ones. A Christmas party is also planned for immediate family members with singing, Santa Clause giving a present to each resident and festive food. Great memories were made at Magnolia Estates - which dad referred to as “home”.
Thank you [Name removed] and staff members for making my dad’s stay with y’all so happy and memorable! We miss him and miss your smiling, friendly, caring faces! We wish you continued success in providing an excellent senior living facility!

[Name removed]

Excellent Care

They have taken excellent care of both of my parents. My loved ones are a little difficult, but the staff has risen to the occasion to make them both as comfortable as possible while they are there at Magnolia Estates.

Excellent care and therapy

I like how forward thinking they are here when it comes to care. They really encourage the residents to do what they can for themselves so that they retain the ability to do tasks on their own. We placed our loved one here after a fall, and we think they're doing a great job of helping her work towards not needing a wheelchair to get around. It's a nice looking community, the staff are all very friendly and caring, and the therapy they provide has been wonderful. The food is also very good!

Magnolia Estates of Oconee, the newest of the three facilities, opened its doors on December 4, 1997. Located on a 19 acre tract, Magnolia Estates of Oconee is nestled among massive 100 year old Southern White Oaks that give it that "old southern plantation" look and feel.

Magnolia Estates of Oconee's spacious interiors and stunning decor are a sight that must be seen to be fully appreciated. Such opulence is unparalleled in assisted living and personal care facilities anywhere in Georgia!