Avery Place - Winterville, GA

Avery Place - Winterville, GA has yet not published prices.

I had a great tour. I could feel how much love the memory care director has for her residents. I really like the facility. She was very helpful and friendly. I got to meet some very sweet ladies who live there. I am definitely considering moving my mom here. The only hold back is trying to decide if the only spot available will be a good fit til she can change rooms.

Review of Arden Place

My loved one lived here. I would recommend this place to anyone. They were very well cared for.

Review of Avery Place

My husband lived at Avery PLace for 2 1/2 years - from 2013 to 2015. This was a good place for him - close to me so I could visit every day. Tge first year he was able to participate in most activities - not so the last year...
Avery Place is not perfect - but I love the smallness and the sense of community that I always feel. I continue to go each week as a volunteer because I love the people.

Review of Avery Place

I am a physical therapist employed by a home health company. I work as a PT in several different ALFs in the area. I feel I know them all quite well and felt like if any of my family members ever needed to move into an ALF - any of them would be fine. BUT, when my father needed to move into an ALF- I chose Avery Place.

Review for Avery Place

Avery Place's staff is always so welcoming & caring and their facility stands out beyond any that I have seen!

Review for Avery Place

Family oriented, friendly community. Best care ever! Excellent, fun. Feel the love in the community.

We loved the facility. The rooms were clean, the staff very friendly as were the residents. Our questions were answered without hesitation. The guestions that [Name removed] could not answer he directed us to someone who could.

Toured This Community

We toured this community and liked it very much. It appeared clean and well kept. The staff was very nice and friendly. We stopped and spoke to some of the residents and they seemed to like living here. They were very content and happy here.

Everything is going great!!

I think we made the right choice of moving my mother into this community. She has made a smooth transition with the help of the staff and all of the residents. We really like how everything has been going and would defiantly recommend this place

Safe, Laid Back, Low Traffic

My mother has been at Avery Place around 1 1/2 yrs. She is about to change to the memory care wing, as her Alzheimer's has progressed. It is the most reasonably priced memory care in the area. I am told that she will be able to live out her life there, as hospice can come in when needed.

Avery place is located in a quaint little town where i can walk Mama to the P.O. across the street with no traffic. There is a large yard with pecans to pick. The doors lock, but if she did wander, she would be immediately found. You can visit whenever. I volunteer and drop in daily at various times, and have never seen anyone that was mistreated. If the staff sees that anyone needs anything, they attend to it. If you ask for anything, they attend to it. I have never heard of anyone ever having anything taken at the facility.

They have fairly recently hired a dedicated chef, and the food is now tasty. There are meetings with the residents and chef to listen to their suggestions.

There is plenty of room to chat with other residents in the common areas, or for those who prefer to stay in their rooms, they are pretty spacious, with two closets, and a heat lamp in the bathroom.

Excellent visit with the Executive Director, [Removed]. HIs leadership was evident in the community and its employees. It is a small facility, which is a plus in our opinion. We met the activities director who also seemed to really enjoy the residents. Care is planned and tailored for the needs of the individual resident and facility seemed clean and well maintained.

Family gathering

My husband has been living at Avery Place for 5 weeks now. At first the adjustment was difficult but the staff was been wonderful working with him to feel comfortable and safe. He has adjusted well and seems to be happy. He has become.more active in the many activities offered each day. They went for a drive in the country the other day and we wqs so happy being out and seeing all the fall beauty.
They had a beautiful thanksgiving feast last evening for the residents and family. Was able to meet many family's and support groups. Food was wonderfu,l such a treat for all.

Safe loving living

We toured the facility several months ago knowing the time to move my husband to a safe place was coming soon. 3 weeks later I called Avery Place to see if space was available and they had space. We signed papers 3 days later and moved him in 3 days later. The staff has been fabulous with the transition was very smooth and he has adjusted well. Residents do not stay in their rooms as there are activities every day for everyone and all meals r served in the large dining rooms. Food so far had been VERY good with nice size servings.
Family and friends are always welcome 24 hours a day.
The monthly cost is very reasonable for all the services offered.
Our family would recommend the facility to anyone looking for a safe' secure and friendly place to move a loved one to stay.

Messy Community !!

My first impression of the community during our tour was it needed some serious deep cleaning. There where boxes piled up all over the place and the building was not well maintained. The dinning room had dishes everywhere and the carpet had many stains. My loved one was not impressed and would not even consider living in this environment.

excellent care

They were great about getting them admitted in a timely manner. Everyone has been friendly and helpful. Response time when a call button is pushed has been 1-2 minutes. Usually two people show up to help my mother in law since she has parkinson's. She is getting better care than we could provide at home with sitters. They also love the food.

The moment I walked into the facility (unexpected) I felt a warmth and homey feeling. The staff is wonderful!!! My mother moved there from another facility and has improved daily since being at Avery Place. Maria handles all of the paper work with such a willingness and anything my Mom needs she gets. Matt and Cassidy were very kind when they came and assessed my Mom and welcomed her to Avery. The food is very good and nutritious, they have great activities. My Mom's apartment is always clean. I just can't find any complaints at all, we are very blessed my Mom is there.

Good experience, overall

Overall our experience with Avery Place has been a very good one! It's a clean, nice looking, well kept community, and the people all seem very friendly. My loved one has said the food is a little bland for his taste, but he has always liked spicy food. Other than that, and a small issue with the laundry service, we haven't had any problems!

Small, beautiful community!

My Godmother and my sister both live at Avery Place. My Godmother is doing fine there. She is happy with the food. It is a very nice community. They have a nice outdoor area with a grove of trees and benches for the residents to sit out there. They do some activities, bingo, balloon volleyball, trivia, they have movie night. The pros are its size. It is smaller. The staff is more accessible due to it being a smaller community. The setting is pastoral, it's a nice setting.

Very nice, clean & friendly but possibly too helpful.

My husband has dementia and physical problems such as dystonia. I was going to have knee surgery and needed respite care for him. Avery Place was the cleanest, nicest, friendliest place that I found. While I feel that they took excellent care of him, they may have taken too good care. He returned home unable to do many of the things, such as fixing his own breakfast and lunch, dressing himself, toileting, showering, etc. He may have just been confused or he may have had a downward turn in his dementia, but it has made life very difficult for his family. Also, we were not told in advance about his medications having to be put into "push packets" and the additional charge for that. Since then, we have had to return to Avery Place to pick up his razor & another trip to pick up the RX's that remained in the bottles we took out there. Also, they requested a copy of my power of attorney and health care POA, but said that they could not return it as they needed it for their files. I have since requested twice that they make a copy and return the original to me & will hopefully get that soon. Again, the staff is very friendly and nice and the facility has obviously recently been redone. They even gave him a good-bye present of a book.

Love Avery Place- memory wing

Avery Place is staffed with people who are caring, helpful and wonderful. My father has adjusted so quickly to his new home because of the people. There is good food and activities throughout the day to keep the resident healthy and happy. best thing for my father!

there is potential

We moved to Avery Place thinking they were going to open the memory care unit. Evidently there is a fire inspection and they found some things they had to correct. I really like the director of the memory care but she isn't taking care of my mother at this point. Mother is in the assisted living part. The menu is disturbing. They have had the same thing for lunch and for dinner. The van transportation was late for taking my mom to a doctors appointment. They got her up and transported and all that and they reschedule the appointment because she was so late. This was the second time this has happened. There is some bad management going on. I really believe in the memory care director but mom is not under her care yet. I think there is potential but there are things that need taken care of.

Review of Avery Place in Winterville, GA

Winterville (Avery Place) has been a good setting for my husband who has dementia and some physical problems. The staff is caring, the facility is spacious and attractive. The outdoors is available to residents who enjoy sitting on the front porch or lawn. When there have been problems - 2 have brought them to the overseeing staff's attention and they have been corrected.

Very nice place, overall!

They do a great job taking care of their residents at Avery Place, I have nothing but good things to say about them. It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly. My loved one has settled in well, and they seem to be taking great care of her!

A letter to prospective residents…

It is our goal to provide each and every one of our residents with the specialized care that they need in order to gain a sense of independence in a nurturing and safe environment. It is our desire that our residents have a feeling of belonging, self-worth, and a strong sense of community. Each of our residents are treated with the utmost respect. Through individualized care plans and a comprehensive approach to elder care we are able help our residents thrive and live life according to their potential. Our residents enjoy a lifestyle of privacy, security, assistance and independence. Our staff is here 24 hours a day maintaining a friendly, home-like atmosphere where everyone feels like part of our family.