Located in the heart of Phoenix, Madison Meadows is conveniently accessible to shopping, healthcare, museums and theaters, and we’re just down the street from the VA Hospital.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind

The facility was a bit old/not updated. The clientelle seemed a bit on the older side, though it was hard to tell. Staff was friendly and kind. Layout was lovely. Value for the money.

This place is amazing and I am so happy my father was able to be there. He was treated like family and this place has top-notch grounds meals and service

Keeping Dad busy and feeling useful

My father is here currently and so far he’s enjoying it. They’re very hospitable, they’re making him feel useful which is really big because he’s retired and it makes him feel productive. The food is really good and he’s enjoying it. I think they serve a different thing every day but if you want something else because you don’t like the option that’s offered, they give you something else. The staff is easy to communicate with. There are a good amount of activities like arts and crafts, bingo, and different things like that. They have my dad helping out with handy work even. The facility is kept pretty clean and housekeeping comes by once a week to take care of the bedding and general cleaning of the apartment. I’ve been pretty happy with them and would recommend them.

Dad Is Enjoying Himself

Everything is going very well for my dad since moving here. He is enjoying himself and is very content here. He liked the staff and all the residents that he has met so far. The food is great. He keeps busy with the activities and social events they have to offer. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Great Place!!

I had recently taken a tour of this place for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them.It was the perfect fit for her and she will be moving in this community with in the next month. I was impressed with the staff and how welcoming they where to my mother and I. I am looking forward to her experience in her new living environment.

Main dining and staff were all good. But the apartments small and cramped.

Definitely Recommend!

Clean and well-maintained community. Centrally located, very convenient on a major bus line. ADA compliant everywhere. From the handicapped doors to the sidewalks free of cracks or bumps, which is perfect for my Dad who shuffles his feet. Wheelchair accessible. The meals are excellent, they serve a healthy variety of options, even gluten free. All meals are served by wait staff. A very elegant dining experience, they serve fresh rolls and a wonderful choice of teas. Our first meal with Dad my family was invited to eat for free so that it would help my Dad become more quickly acclimated. To dine with family members is beneficial and affordable. Wifi and computer access is available for the residents in the common area. There is a list of daily activities, such as water aerobics, transportation to Safeway, Walgreens and medical appointments. Comfortable seating available for visitors. I wish they were a little more transparent about the renter's fees and the insurance fees. They require renters insurance within the first 30 days. The terminology seemed mixed up was not explained well during the tour. Overall the staff is caring and they know my dad. Utilities are included. The laundry facilities are great. Great independent living, onsite contractor for medication if needed. The property sales manager [Removed] was great helping us work it out to get him into the community. I would definitely recommend Madison Meadows!

More of an independent living!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I actually was very impressed with this place. The staff where kind and I was comfortable during the entire visit. The floor plan they had was great and all of the apartments where very clean as well as common areas. I just thought that it was border line independent living and my mom needed more care than that.

Happy People!!

The thing I liked about this community is all of the people seemed happy and the staff where very friendly to me and my loved one during our visit. I just did not like the over all feel of the environment that they had. They did not have the nursing care that she would need for long term and the assisted living felt like more of a nursing home. It was just not the right fit for her in the end decision.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like to send a quick note thanking you for the kind words about the happy people living in our community with us, along with the friendly staff serving them. While I am sorry to hear we did not receive the opportunity and pleasure of serving your mother, I am happy to hear you will be finding her a place that provides perhaps a better fit. We wish you well on your continued search, and of course invite you back anytime if you care to take another look again after viewing other communities. Thank you so much!-Katie

Very Close and Fun For Her

My grandmother is doing great. She loves the people and the food the most. She likes getting her hair done at the salon and she has made lots of friends.She also enjoys having lots of activities to participate in. I would recommend this community to anyone in need. I was pretty set on choosing this place and it is close to my home.

Care for a friend

My friend is in this community. He likes that staff that are caring. He seems to be happy here and is doing well. From what he tell me that he is in a great community and has no complaints, but says that the meals could use some small improvments. We would recommend this community for other families for the good care that is given to the residents .

A community with care

I am happy to see my mom happy with this nice community. The staff are very nice and caring. Some of the rooms have patios to enjoy. This is a nice feeling in a nice place to live. My mom is happy with the meals that are provided. They do have activities that are offered. The community has alot to offer and we have recommend this community to others for the care and the value for a loved one.

This community worked out perfectly

My sister is enjoying living at this community. She has made friends and they offer a lot of activities. The food is ok, however the soups are great. The community is clean and they have a great maintenance. They are quick to respond when you need something done. The staff are helpful and engaged. I like that they have developed relationships with the residents. I would recommend this community.

Location Is Convenient For Me

I have been doing okay since moving into this community. The good staff have been there if needed and they are friendly. I did a few activities they have been offering. I have taken advantage of a lady that drives a shuttle bus at different hours. I also like that they are 7 miles away from the VA hospital. They have cut back quite a bit, there is room to improve. They have put a lot of activities in one place and it should go back to the way it was to get the library by itself.

Too expensive!

I would probably not recommend the Madison Meadows to anyone because you get so little for the price. The place is nice and they serve 3 meals a day but it is very crowded. The studio apartments were very small and it was not what we were looking for.

Everything is going according to plan since my mom has moved into the community and she is happy. The community is clean but they can do a little better maintaining. The windows and floor need updating. It has also become bothersome that her blinds have not been replace after a few months ago being told they would. However, my mom enjoys her hot, small portioned meals that does not take long to get. She has tried a couple activities and had fun exercising and playing card with the groups.

Clean but showing signs of age. Evidence of rust and water damage. No 24 hr security. Staff assistance not available 24/7. Does not offer easy transition to assisted living and memory care.

Under New Management

In the beginning it was very well and the staff were all really nice and friendly, I would rate them 4.5 in the beginning. I haven't seen the new staff but since the change my dad has been seeing a price increase monthly. Meals and activities are provided. They also go on Retirement Field Trips often. It is a clean community which includes my dad's room getting cleaned and a safe place for my dad.

Great Outcome

Our experience is great so far. My dad is loving the meals that are being served, he has even gained weight. The staff are friendly and helpful. The community has activities available for residents. My grandfather has made friends and we are very happy with the care.

Great Tour!!

I really liked the set up of the community it was small. The staff was very kind and courteous. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and explained everything very good. They did offer us a complimentary meal. The interaction between the staff and residents was great. I really enjoyed the tour of this great community.

Madison Meadows was a perfect fit for my grandfather

Recently my grandfather moved back to Arizona to be under my care. I needed to find him a place to live quickly that was within his budget.

After looking at several places my husband and I decided on Madison Meadows. We liked it because it is a smaller community with managers that live onsite. They were incredibly accommodating and worked with us to get him in quickly.

The staff is great and very responsive. They seem to genuinely enjoy working with the elderly. I stop by several times a week and the facility is always clean, smells good and staff members are always right there interacting with the residents. My grandfather is not the easiest person to get along with and they do very well with him plus he likes them and that says a lot.

In addition, my grandfather absolutely loves the food served in the dining room. And, he likes the other residents, They are very down-to-earth people, a lot of Midwesterners like my grandfather. Because of this he feels like he belongs and can relate to them.

The only negatives are that they were not very prepared for Cox changing to all digital. We were told it would be a week and a half before it was fixed, but two weeks later the cable is still not back up and working properly...they are working on it. It is an older property and they do keep maintenance up, but there are some items that are old, well worn and in need of replacement like the outside awnings.

However, none of the negatives were a show stopper in my option it's just those kinds of things you sometimes forget about even at your own house.

Overall, I am very happy that we decided to put my grandfather here (he's happy too) and I highly recommend the community to others looking for a place for their loved one.

It's quite a nice place.

A loved one of mine moved in here. It's quite a nice place. We really had great success. They seem to be a wonderful organization, and this location is no exception.

Great choice if you want to live in the Phoenix

Madison Meadows is a great choice for senoirs. The staff is outstanding & really show a genuine concern for the residences. Even though it's off a main street it is not a concern. The property is set back far enough & they have security on duty every time I've been there. The food is pretty good & they will make a concession if you are sick, they will bring food to your room. Residence will have plenty to do if they like to be social. Granted the studios are very small I think the point is for it to be as affordable as possible.

Very happy

We have four managers tw lovely ladies & two lovely gentleman. They are fantastic l came here after two unhappy expieece

It's Been Good

The Madison Meadows was the kind of place that I needed at the time and it has been really good so far. Overall I am pretty happy with the place and I do not have an suggestions for improvements for it.

I Enjoyed My Time There

I do not think there is anything to improve on. It is an old property, the buildings are old. When it rains, some of the water runs under the doors into the unit, and i'm not sure what you could do about that. I moved in there for a while and my apartment did flood. I enjoyed my time there very much though. Everybody was friendly and helpful. They have a lot of things that are helpful to the people who live there.

would refer people here. They just need to work out a few kinks.

The staff is pretty nice at Madison Meadows . My dad is not used to be by himself in an apartment. He is adjusting but is resisting the adjusting. He has made a few friends. He is not used to not being able to get out on his own. There is room for improvement with the care. The staff forgot to give him Saturdays medication. I called them out on it and they said that they ran out. Well, I gave them a prescription that would last 3 months. [removed] Also I told them to give his medication between 7 and 8 in the evening because he will fall asleep soon after and they gave me attitude about it. They are doing it but they have a couple of medical assistance that are nice but do have an attitude. They could use more activities and variety of activities here. The food is good. Overall it is a very nice facility. I would refer people here. They just need to work out a few kinks.

so far we are liking it

She seems to be doing well at Madison Meadows. They have plenty of activities to participate in. The food is good and she is eating well. It's clean and the place always smells good. The staff are friendly. The activities person has been inclusive and very nice. The staff are always on top of things. Its convenient for me. She is getting used to it and enjoys it. They could use some paint and maintenance on the outside. They bring people in to play the play the piano and guitar. It is more independent so it may not be for everyone but so far we are liking it.

Horrible place

Horrible place. We had our mom there. She ended up with a really bad rash with a cut on her bottom, from setting in her bowel moments for hours. Which we were paying extra for them to take care of her. (Open credit card). They removed her life support necklace from around her neck and [removed]. They also took her wheelchair from her room and gave it to some one else. They do nothing but lie there. The managers are very uncaring, it was like our mom was just a number to them. And the more you complain the worse they got. We even found pills of hers behind her tv stand whenever we moved her out and under her chair. I would not put my dog in this place.

Very Disappointed

It started out great, they were really friendly and I was excited to get my mom in there. But we have run into some problems. The managers have been unresponsive to my e-mail and do not want to address what is going on - not so friendly once the paperwork is signed!

Mom is not happy with the food. Many times it does not taste good and they frequently run out of items so the variety is not there. It also takes a very long time, sometimes over an hour, to serve everyone. More trained staff might help.

The housekeeping is not the greatest. They do not appear to dust or mop the floors with clean water. One week the bathroom sink was not even cleaned.

They appear to allow anyone to move in just to fill the place up. A manager told me that someone is "lonely and has dementia". I do not think this property is appropriate for people with dementia.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm so very sorry to hear your mom is having a negative experience at Madison Meadows. I've passed your concerns, specifically related to food service, housekeeping, and level of care, to our Resident Relations department for their review. Please feel free to call them as well if you have any specifics to add. Their phone number is [removed]. It's feedback from our residents, their families, and visitors that helps us improve our business so a sincere thank for you bringing this to our attention.

Katie

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. Madison Meadows seemed like a very nice place overall, I was impressed by what I saw on the tour! The facility was clean and well kept, and all of the people we met seemed friendly.

Great!

The staff is great. They are extremely helpful. They are available at all times. My dad is the one that lives there. He raves about the food and what's going on there. He just loves it there. We have had a great experience here.

This property is great! Staff is so friendly and the apartment set up is perfect

Everything is going well.

Everything is going well. I'm not close by, but there haven't been any major concerns or complaints so far. He seems to be pretty happy with it.

nice in general, needs to be cleaner

Most of the staff in the dining room is friendly, and the people that clean your rooms are friendly. There are some exceptions, but most the people there are nice and friendly.

There are some definite areas for improvement. For one, the food is horrible. Second, in general the place is just not that clean.

Holiday Retirement

Hi - I'm Katie, I work in Holiday Retirement's home office in Oregon. Thank you so much for your candid feedback. I'm sorry you had a negative experience at Madison Meadows. I forwarded your food and cleanliness concern to our Resident Relations department for review. Please don't hesitate to reach them at [removed] if you have any other negative experiences.

My apologies again,
Katie

It seems to be a place where people are friendly.

The thing I would recommend is that on Fridays there is no shuttle service, having shuttle service on Friday would be good. We chose it based on location, cleanliness and price. It seems to be a place where people are friendly. I haven't had any complaints about laundry or food, so far.

friendly people, helpful

They were able to get my dad a room on the spot, and we're very helpful with the process to get him set up. What i liked was the 3 meals a day are included, they have transport services on certain days of the week, and activities. Nice people, clean facility feels like a hotel. Definitely a place to check out.

Nice & clean. Very large & ...

Nice & clean. Very large & open community spaces. Some apartments have an interior front door with a back door to the courtyard. Others have the front door in the courtyard and a patio/private yard door. Less expensive due to no health care.

This place was not bad. Loo...

This place was not bad. Looks like a decent menu. All meals included. She showed me a 1 bedroom unit, 570 sq. ft. for 1899.00. Personal laundering would be extra. One time community fee equal to 1 month rent. Not a bad area. Kind of far from where I live.

We like it! At least my brother and I...

We like it! At least my brother and I do. Love the patio apartments with outside entrances. Common areas feel comfortable and inviting. Like concept of on-site managers who live there. Director is down to earth and personable. Not at all corporate. Dad will like her.

very nice liked it