Olive Grove - Phoenix, AZ

living at an Emeritus Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Emeritus family. Through special
delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Staff that Cares

Olive Grove is a community that cares and respects it's residents. Over the last months they have listened to family and resident concerns and have taken many steps to make the community a warm and inviting place to live.Their commitment to providing exceptional care has made many positive impacts on the residents' lives. If you are looking for an assisted living or memory care community that will treat your loved one as their own family, Olive Grove is the place to go!

Please do not bring your loved one here

I toured here while I was looking for a place for my dad. The facility was filthy, there were spots on the carpet, and they had broken windows. I asked if there were any walking paths and there weren’t, it was all just one big parking lot. They led me to this patio that had a single bush there and said there was a park a block away if anyone wanted to go to it. One of the patio door windows was broken and, when I asked about it, they said someone had run into it with their wheelchair but the glass looked really thick. Everywhere you looked there were big spots on the carpet and the walls were all scuffed up. There was nowhere that you looked that didn’t have stains. I asked how often they clean their carpet and I was told once every 3 months. The office of the girl that showed us around had a broken door for the closet and it was lying on its side. It looked like it had been that way for a while. The first time we went, I asked if we were able to tour the facility and she told us that there was no one on staff. I looked around and the only people that were working were the kitchen staff, I couldn’t believe it. The dining room chairs were like folding chairs and again, lots of stains. The price was extremely high considering everything. I think they wanted $3000 just as a base price and then, depending on the level of care needed, there were additional costs. There weren’t any smells or anything but everything looked filthy. They have absolutely no atmosphere. All I could think was “don’t you dare bring your father here”. I will never recommend this place.

Absolutly No Way I Was Putting Anyone There

This place is terrible. It's more expensive than other communities I looked at, and yet, it's falling into disrepair, they have mold problems, the ceilings were leaking, and the staff was not helpful at all. Seeing this place actually shook me. I couldn't believe there were people living here. It was heartbreaking, and I knew immediately that there was absolutely no way I was putting anyone there.

The Honeymoon Phase is Over

My friend is doing good in their Memory Care. We were really happy in the beginning but now it has changed. The meals had good variety and it tasted really good but now they have the same thing for all meals. Any bacon that is left over from breakfast is served for lunch and even dinner. I also see they don't really have much activities for the residents. The staff are not that friendly and sometimes it seems like they ignore them. My friend said when she asks for something they tell her "I don't want to hear about it" or they "don't care about it" We want to move them to a better community.

Olive Grove Exceeded Our Expectations

Our precious grandma needed assisted living so we toured several communities. [Removed] gave us our initial tour and grandma felt at home from the moment she walked in the door. Everyone was kind and friendly on our tour and this kindness extended after grandma moved in as well.

Grandma has made some nice friends and says she now feels at home as she did when she lived in her condominium.

The staff is always professional and grandma reports the food is delicious. Her unit is cleaned on a regular basis and she also reports the nurses aids are very helpful with bathing assistance and compression hose. There's even a beauty salon in site!

Grandma enjoys taking walks in and around the courtyard, listening to live concerts at the Olive Grove and intends to partake of Bingo, Movies and exercise classes offered. They even offer field trips.

Initially we were anxious moving our 88 year old grandma out of her Biltmore Condo to an assured living. But after experiencing the caring staff, kind residents and well run operations at the Olive Grove we know we made the right choice.

Felt like a nursing home!

The girl at the Olive Grove was very sweet and we liked her but it was more like a nursing home. My sister was the one who toured and she said the rooms were very small and they did not have a kitchen. It was not what we were looking for.

There's No Place Like Home..... But the best next thing is here for Us

First let me start by saying placing a loved one in assisted living, rest homes, or any other option is not an easy time for families. My sister is now starting to get used to not being in her home, and having a new future living in a unfamiliar location. We have been very Happy with how her move to Olive Grove has come along. The staff has been good with her and her needs and she knows them all by name and has not had any problems. My experience with the Managers [Removed] has been very helpful and they have taken time to help my sister even when she had some tough days of treatments or long days of doctor apptmnts. We haven't finished getting her room where she wants it, but my sister has had nothing but good things to say about the staff and people she chooses to interact with. I can't be easy for anyone to find themselves placed in a new environment, and if the families aren't checking on them I can see where they can get down or unhappy. But the staff has been very good at making my sisters life as easy and comfortable as possible, which is certainly appreciated by both my sister and myself. I find that it's the patients State caregivers that can make or break the way a person feels emotionally and that can affect the way a person gets used to their new surroundings. I thank the good lord each day for how this event has been made so much easier for me as a family member. The Olive Grove Facility has been a great bonus for us, and my sister is starting to thrive more as she builds her strength, and the staff learns her needs and gets to know her better. She has nothing bad to say about the food, the staff, or any of the main issues she faces each day. Like I say, it can't be easy for the person, and even more difficult for a staff person the have such a wide variety temperments and emotional struggles of the people they care for. We like our choice and Olive Grove is her home now and one of the best of the alternatives we were shown. Thank You [Removed] and the whole team there for your efforts and the caring you have given us both.

Very Happy

My mom has been at Olive Grove in the memory care facility for the past 17 months. She has Alzheimer's. We (all of my mom's children) are so very happy she is there. The first place my mom was in was a disaster. I won't go into details, other than to say it was a bad experience. We feel it was divine intervention that brought us to Olive Grove. Honestly! That may sound a little out there, but we fully feel she was meant to be there. The care givers are the best! Hands down, a night and day difference from where my mom had been prior to Olive Grove. They are friendly and personable, and very accommodating. All of the staff have been excellent. Memory care is not easy. However I find that the care givers and staff are on top of all things, handling what ever arises, and treating these very special residents with great care and dignity. The food is of good variety and quality. When visiting, on my way in I pass thru the lobby of the assisted living side of Olive Grove. Often there are residents reading and relaxing there and I chat briefly or sometimes for half an hour with some of them. They are always quite pleasant and I have not heard any complaints from any of them. My experience however, and that of my siblings, is with the memory care side. The memory care unit at Olive Grove is not the Taj Mahal. But the CARE, which is the most important, is excellent! (they are currently renovating and updating the rooms) We feel our mom is safe there, as well as happy there. We visit at various times of the day, morning, noon and night, and the level of care and attention is consistent. We can easily highly recommend Olive Grove memory care for your loved one. If I had to complain... I wish they would not serve sugary drinks. Mom is happy. And she's safe. The peace of mind is priceless. Thanks so much to all of you at Olive Grove!

Getting To Socialize

IT is going fine for my friend since she moved into the community. She likes the food and she likes the people who are there. She is making friends and getting to socialize. The staff provide the right level of care and she is eating very well. She picked this community for its proximity to her friends.

Involved loved one!

Bed bugs, stolen debit card, much weight loss and a broken hip is what my loved one dealt with after spending 6.5 months at Olive Grove - beware this facility is not a very smart choice!

BEWARE; DON'T MOVE INTO OLIVE GROVE

AFTER LIVING AT OLIVE GROVE PHOENIX, I HAVE TOO MANY REASONS TO LIST IN THIS REVIEW,THEY ARE UNDER STAFFED AND THIER EMPLOYEES ARE OVER WORKED,THE CARE AND FOOD SERVED ISAT BEST, SUB STANDARD ! DON'T YOU OR A LOVED ONE EVER/ NEVER MOVE INTO OLIVE GROVE,PHOENIX A STELLER SENIOR LIVING OWNED COMMUNTY ! THEY DO NOT HAVE WEEKLY OUTTINGS BECAUSE THEY FAILED TO REGISTER THIER VAN 2 YEARS AGO WHEN THEY BOUGHT THE PHOENIX RESIDENCE, THE VAN'S TAGS HAVE SINCE EXSPIERD. THE EXECTIVE DIRECTOR ,[name removed] , HAS VERY POOR PEOPLE SKILLS, AND HE IS THE REASON A LOT OF RESIDENTS HAVE GREVINCES, I CURRENTLY HAVE A LAW SUITE AGAINT OLIVE GROVE AND [removed] ! SO PLEASE NOTE: "THERE ARE TOO MANY OTHER QUALITY PLACES IN PHOENIX TO EVER LIVE HERE" .

Memory Care at Olive Grove

The memory care unit at Olive Grove is pathetic. The facility is in desperate need of a remodel as there are holes in the walls and the bathrooms are disgusting. The mis-matched dirty furniture are the throw aways from the assisted living side. There are very few activities for the residents to do and they are not being stimulated or engaged in any way. The unit is under staffed and the needs of the residents are not being met. Memory care has had a new manager every six months and the unit is very poorly run. The outside patio is very small and dirty. There is green waste that smells in the soil that has been an on going problem and never seems to be fixed. There has been a lot of empty promises by the director of Olive Grove and it appears that the standards for the memory care unit is different than the assisted living side.

If you are thinking about placing your loved one in memory care at Olive Grove adhere to this warning and go somewhere else!

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Olive Grove seemed like a very nice place, overall! The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff were friendly. We also had a chance to talk to a few of the residents, and they all had good things to say about it!

Helpful, accommodating staff

Olive Grove was a huge help to us in a time of crisis. We had about a week to find somewhere for my loved one, and Olive Grove was a huge help throughout the whole process. They were very accommodating. The facility itself is very nice, and always well kept and clean. Based on our experience I recommend them highly!

I would highly recommend this community to anyone.

I truly enjoy coming to Olive Grove and love the warm and caring environment! I would highly recommend this community to anyone looking for Independent Living, Assisted Living, or Memory Care.

Fair

Not a bad place, but a high turnover of staff and the manager could use some lessons in politeness . Sleeping bags? I think not, but they will set you up with a bed provided the room is private, and for a night here and there. Food was sub-par, but acceptable. Overpriced, for a state funded facility, rooms start at $2500 a month.

This place is awsome!!!

My Mother-in-law resides at this facility, and has been there for 2 years. The place is clean, the rooms are clean, my husbands mother just loves it!! They do accept ALTCS, which is a state funded Medical Insurance. They do take all of her Social Security checks, accept for, 100.00. It is called share of cost. It is worth it, she gets soo much from that Home. She is being taken care of in a proper way. We must've went through about 10 different homes, and all of them were awful!!! We finally found this one, and it was perfect! Her daughter from California who comes and visits from time to time, can actually stay there for up to 5 nights, not including meals. Bring a sleeping bag, or a cot!!! All the people there are very nice and answer any questions you might have. Check it out, you will love it.

* $2,995. + ($525. level 1 care,...

* $2,995. + ($525. level 1 care, or $825. level 2 care)/mo. * semi-private room. * dad would NOT have to leave if his private funds run out; they accept state aid to assist in this instance. THIS IS OUR CHOICE!! VERY NICE FACILITY (DAD SAYS "THIS IS A REALLY FANCY PLACE"); VERY PROFESSIONAL STAFF; MANY ACTIVITIES FOR THE RESIDENTS (DAD WON'T BE BORED HERE); GORGEOUS DINING ROOM; GENEROUS SIZED FURNISHED ROOMS, AND WE CAN EVEN BRING OUR OWN FURNITURE IF WE WISH. *****FIVE STARS!!!!!*****

Very Nice! but believe is too large a...

Very Nice! but believe is too large a facility. Thank You for the wonderful tour!

The Director was wonderful. The room...

The Director was wonderful. The rooms had variations that maybe could have worked.

Along with level of care we have a mo...

Along with level of care we have a monthly rate.