LifeStream Complete Senior Living at Thunderbird - Glendale, AZ

Baptist Village – Thunderbird is conveniently located to doctors, hospital and shopping. Every apartment features a 24-hour response system, free utilities (except phone), spacious closets, Cox cable, full size refrigerator/freezer, and individually controlled heat and air conditioning. The community surrounds a lush courtyard featuring a swimming pool and spa. On site you will find a beauty and barber shop, computer lab, library, and beautiful dining room. Three meals a day are available, and you choose the plan that is best for you. To meet transportation needs we offer medical transportation as well as a bus for local trips to the grocery store, mall, post office, and out for lunch! Our full-time chaplain and activity director will meet spiritual needs and offer activities to keep you as busy as you choose! Independent Living, Independent Living with support services, and Assisted Living offering Personal Care, are levels of care offered to meet a variety of needs. Residents here know they are part of a Christian service and health care organization that has been offering compassion and care for more than 25 years. At Baptist Village – Thunderbird, there is one goal: To create a place where people count and where activities of the community are built around the needs of the Residents.

Loved everything about the facility with the exception that the units are very small and there needs to be more 2 BR units or 1 BR plus study.

Love at first sight!

When I walked in here, I noticed the front desk woman first. She was very friendly and very helpful and you could tell that it was a friendly atmosphere. This is the first time I’ve ever lived in a facility and so far everything is going fine and everyone is very nice. The staff is easy to communicate with and knowledgeable and I haven’t had any problems. The food is not bad. The service is good and the food is always hot or cold when it’s supposed to be. They have all kinds of activities like exercises, bingo, card games, crafts, and you can be busy all the time if you want to be. The facility is kept very clean and it’s just wonderful. The housekeeping comes by once a month for deep cleaning (dusting, vacuuming, etc.) but I’m in charge of my laundry and linens. Most of the other residents are very nice. The staff tries to please you if there’s any kind of problem and they act quickly. I would recommend them. I’m very pleased with the place and I’m happy here.

Did Not Like As Much

We didn't like this community as much as others we had seen in the area. The building is older and it looks very depressing and dark. In my opinion, the whole community could use a refurbish to freshen the look up and update things. The staff was friendly and informative but I didn't think it would be a good fit for my dad.

small apartments

We toured LifeStream Complete Senior Living at Thunderbird. The management gave us a very nice tour. They were friendly and did a good job showing us their community. The meals looked good, but the apartments seemed very small. We chose another community that was a better fit for our needs.

Father's in law's good care.

The care at this community for my husband. The staff is caring. We like the staff who are friendly and caring. We would like if they had some help for the residents in making appointments for dr etc. We like the nice menu of meals that are available. They offer a nice list of activiites. We would recommend this commuinty for the care of a loved one.

A tour for care for a friend

We toured this community. The staff was nice, but this community did not have a good feeling in this community. The menu was nice and had a good variety. They did have activities that can participate. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Sister is adjusting so well!

My sister moved here and she's adjusting very well. She has two roomy bedrooms, a bathroom and a kitchenette. She's across the street from her doctors. She wasn't getting involved in activities at first but now she goes to an exerciser class in the morning. Everybody is very kind. I have noticed they are very careful to monitor where she is going, makes sure she signs out and she's back in time. I was impressed by that.

NOT safe

Absolutely a [Removed] Camp! My mom has unfortunately been there for < 1 year and has been hospitalized 8 times!!! I stayed the night with my mom a couple of months ago and witnessed the "aide" giving my mom a med without letting her know WHAT she was taking. They took her blood pressure which was 76/35.... THEN proceeded to administer her blood pressure med! Obviously NOT appropriate care unless you're trying to comatose a person ESPECIALLY while they would be sleeping! When I questioned this obvious safety hazard I was directed to the LPN who was just leaving... she suggested pushing fluids although Mom has CHF and is fluid restricted having just been released from the hospital 2weeks prior for CHF Exacerbation. That LPN obviously called [Removed] ANOTHER LPN who is the Exec director.[Removed] came in to "interrogate" me regarding my "concerns." Having a medical background for 26 yrs I explained my concerns regarding Mom's significant deterioration since her residency. She ensured she would investigate and get back to me the following week!!! That was 2 months ago!!! Only thing she took care of was alerting the staff I was no longer allowed to visit my own mother!!!! If you truly LOVE your family member.... DO NOT place them here unless you're just looking for a place to "dump" them.... as my sister unfortunately did to my mom!!!!'

They're so nice here!

I really like how nice everyone is here. [Removed] at the front desk are so sweet! The cook and ladies in the kitchen are great as well. The apartment I am in is very nice and comfortable. The only thing I miss from home is my bathtub. Other than that, I ma very happy here.

Not what we were looking for...

The place was nice, but I did not like that the independent apartments were so far from each other. They had some inside of the main building that was closer to each other but they were not as nice. Everyone was very friendly.

Just A Little More Improvements

The meals have been good but it could have better quality and selections. I like the staff who are there. It is very clean community too. I would like to see them improve with more activities. Overall my mom is doing well with the care and atmosphere.

I likes this facility seemed really nice and friendly. Really liked all the windows in dining room. Only draw back for me was here and dryers outside

Too Much Outdoor Walking

On the tour it didn't seem to be friendly and I noticed that my dad would have to go outside to get to areas outside his apartment. Down the side walk, across the parking lot to the main building would be to much. They said they can pick him up. We were looking for an enclosed community. The apartment we saw was nice but they were renovating as well. The lady who I met with was nice.

Good care for mom

My mom is very happy here in her community. The carpet needs some improvements or replaced. She seems like to food. They did have activities when she wants to participate. I would over all recommend this community to other families.

She Is Very Happy Here

My sister in law really loves it here. We are very pleased with everything they have done for us. She is happy here, unlike the community she was at before. She is very interactive with the other residents. They are caring for her well. She helps out the other residents when they need help. The staff is good and very helpful. This would be a community I would recommend.

Horrible management and it shows

If there was a 0 star I would do it for these people. My adopted mother lived here for about 8 months and they never made sure she brushed her teeth or recognized when something was wrong with her. She had pneumonia and a UTI and when we visited her we had to point out that she was not feeling well. The CNA's are very friendly but the lady that runs this place (Jody) is not very well liked by the employees and we found her extremely uncaring to our mother. Our mother ended up in the hospital before Thanksgiving and was transferred automatically to Lifestream's rehab (cook) and not the facility we wanted her to be in. We feel this is because they wanted to make sure my Mom never returned to their facility. Jody kicked her out just before Thanksgiving so we had to worry about my Mom being homeless at that time. My Mom is a very friendly lady and there is no reason for her to be treated like this. I think Jody has her ego to worry about and not the care of the elderly. Now my Mother is in a very nice facility and is able to thrive in there. They make sure her teeth are cleaned and make sure she is walking by herself (another problem with Lifestream) and she is so happy at her new Assisted Living Facility. She has a more positive atmosphere at the new place and I think that helps a lot. I believe everything happens for a reason and I am so glad it did happen this way. It was a total blessing. Lifestream was good when we first visited , it appears to be a great place but when you actually start dealing with the upper management (unavoidable ) it starts to fall apart. I think that if they replaced Jody (everything starts from the top) that it would have a chance of becoming a good place to live again. I had to contact an Attorney and advocate for my family because of all this and they had never heard of someone being treated the way my family was treated. I hope this helps for someone else that might be treated like this. I am sure we are not the only ones. I sure felt alone and helpless trying to deal with my Mom's situation when Jody was so cold and uncaring. Apparently she is the same way with the employees and with the trickle effect I would not recommended this place to anyone until Jody is replaced.

Great place!

nice and clean, 3 wonderful meals included daily, apartment cleaning and laundry included weekly, activities and "field trips" daily, expanded package cable TV included - phone is the only thing not included but the price is very reasonable compared to other places

Liked very much but it is more than I...

Liked very much but it is more than I can afford.

Nice place

Nice place

includes all utilities except phone. ...

includes all utilities except phone. no meals. studio has 2 burner stove, no oven or microwave. washer dryer located on same floor, no charge.

Nice place but it looked a littel old...

Nice place but it looked a littel older than the other places and it did not allow pets.