We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Meals Provided
- Hospice Available
- Pets Allowed
- Respite Available
- Aging in Place
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Female Residents Only
- Nurse on Call
- Nurses on Staff
- Dentist Available
- Homecare Onsite
- Doctor on Call
- Male Residents Accepted
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Activities Offsite
- Speech Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Podiatrist Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Devotional Services Available
- Activities Onsite
- Resident Parking Available
- Complimentary Transportation
The vision of Avista Senior Living North Mountain is family. We provide a friendly homelike environment where everyone knows their neighbor and we look out for each other. Friendship flourishes here as our caring staff embraces each resident with respect and dignity and recognizes the inherent worth of each individual.
We pride ourselves in being able to serve independent residents as well as those requiring support from our assisted living services. Individual care plans are drafted and monitored by the nursing staff according to the needs of each resident.
We want you to be at ease at Avista Senior Living North Mountain. That's why we offer a myriad of services and amenities to give you not only the comforts of home — but peace of mind, knowing that you have dedicated staff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, providing outstanding senior services in Phoenix, AZ.
From daily activities, organized outings, nutritional meals, a variety of exercise programs, and much more — Avista Senior Living North Mountain is here to provide you the finest senior living community in AZ. Our programs are individually designed for each senior living option. So whether you are seeking specialized care or a more independent living style of living, we'd love to welcome you or your loved one home to Avista at North Mountain.
Phoenix is the fifth-largest city in the United States and is known for its extremely warm weather, beautiful desert scenery, and bountiful Mexican food. If any of these interest you, Phoenix may be right up your alley.
Being one of the largest cities in the US, Phoenix has a lot of diversity. However, its warm temperatures and easygoing pace make it a premier destination for seniors.
- Walkability: Although Pheonix is one of the largest cities in America, it's still somewhat walkable. When compared to the other large cities in the United States, Phoenix ranks 31st in walkability. It's worth noting, however, that walking isn't the best option during summer when temperatures frequently surpass 100 degrees.
- Average age: The average age of Phoenix residents is 33.8 years, which is slightly younger than the average for Arizona and the US.
- Weather: Phoenix is one of the best places to live in the world if you enjoy warm weather. The summer months are typically filled with days warmer than 100 degrees, and the off season is still relatively warm. Phoenix has only had 1 inch of snow twice in its history.
- Veterans: There are plenty of veteran's facilities in Phoenix, so vets will have no problem transitioning to this city.
Public transportation isn't the greatest in Phoenix, but there are still some options if you don't want to walk or drive. Overall, Phoenix is probably a bit below average when it comes to public transportation.
- Buses: Valley Metro handles bus transportation in Phoenix, offering a variety of routes for people living in the greater Phoenix area. This is a solid option if you don't mind riding the bus with others.
- Trains: Phoenix has a 26-mile light rail line which is also operated by Valley Metro. This can take you to the airport, your favorite restaurant, or a different part of town for a quick walk.
- Taxis: As is the case with most cities, Phoenix has privately operated taxis which you can also use to get around.
Health and Safety
Finding a city with plenty of hospitals, doctors, specialists and other medical facilities is important for senior living. Luckily, Phoenix, AZ, has myriad choices to keep you in good health.
- Hospitals: You have lots of choices when it comes to hospitals in Phoenix, but the John C. Lincoln Medical Center is among the largest in the 85020 zip code.
- Crime rate: When it comes to crime rates, Phoenix is a bit higher than average. On a 1 to 100 scale, they are at 54 for violent crimes and 56 for property crimes. The US averages are 31.1 and 38.1, respectively.
Sports and Leisure
Part of choosing a good senior living facility is finding one where you can also have some fun. Phoenix has plenty of activities that can keep you in shape and enjoying your days as a senior.
- Golf: If you love to golf, this is a good place to be. Phoenix is home to plenty of golf courses and clubs, including Lookout Mountain, Cave Creek, Glen Lakes, and Stonecreek.
- Tennis: Is tennis more your speed? There are plenty of tennis courts€”both public and private€”within a few miles of Avista.
- Gyms: You may need to take a drive or bus ride to get to them, but there are plenty of gyms in Phoenix, including many with programs for seniors, such as Ability360.
Shopping and Entertainment
As one of the largest cities in the country, Phoenix has plenty to offer in the way of shopping.
- Clothes: Phoenix has a huge variety of clothing stores to shop at, with everything from thrift stores and vintage clothing stores to designer boutiques and cowboy-themed clothing stores.
- Groceries: There are a few different options for grocery shopping near Avista, including Walmart, Albertsons, Safeway, and some smaller markets.
- Other restaurants: Without straying too far from home, you have plenty of restaurant options. These include Mexican cafes, fast food, pizza, Greek food, and more.
- Movie theaters: There are a few different movie theaters close to Avista if you ever want to catch a movie. There's even a drive-in theater if you're willing to take the trip.
- Libraries: If you like to read, you're just a short walk or bus ride from the Acacia Library, a mid-sized public library with a good selection.
- Attractions: Between the size of the city and the natural beauty that surrounds it, there's plenty to do in Phoenix. You can take a walk through one of the many public mountain areas, take a tour, or go see the bats swarm out of their cave.
- Religious facilities nearby: Whatever your religion, you can find a church nearby in Phoenix. Some of the churches close to Avista include Baptist churches, a Presbyterian church, a Baha'i center, a Mennonite church and more.