Lutheran Village of Ashland - Ashland, OH

98 year old new resident

From my perspective, as the eldest son from out of State. I would have liked to see more in the way of orientation in the first few days. He was confused and lost. If my sister and I had not been there to guide him, I think the transition would have been less satisfactory. I know you are short staffed on week-ends, but ...
I am happy with the care and facility now that he is settled in. He seems happy and contented. I appreciate the regular staff visits to oversee medication and that he is ok. Thank you.

My mother lived at Lutheran Village of Ashland for 5 1/2 years before she passed last October. When we were selecting which facility would suit her needs the best, Lutheran Village quickly rose to the top of our list. It turned out to be a great decision. While all of us want our loved ones to receive good care, it was critical for me since I live in Alaska and could only see my mom occasionally. Lutheran Village keep me informed of her needs and were proactive to make sure that her needs were met. In reality, they treated her like family. I thank them for taking such good care of my mother.

Steve

Mom's Contented life at Lutheran Village

My Mother has been at LV for 7 1/2 yrs. She has improved greatly in this time, enjoying exercise, crafts and interacting with staff and other residents.
She has her spot outside to plant and care for a few tomato plants, which she can share with the others too.
The staff at LV is incomparable and amazing!! Always up on things; always friendly and helpful; quick to inform me of any changes in Moms health.
I can't say enough about the excellent care she receives!

Grateful for the loving care my mom received at Lutheran Village of Ashland.

My mom resided at Lutheran Village of Ashland for over 8 years before passing in August. I know that she lived at least 5 extra years because of the superior care that she received at LVA. The staff really became an extension of our family and really went that 'extra mile' to help us as mom's health deteriorated and she needed much more care!

Music Therapy at LVA

I love starting my week at Lutheran Village of Ashland every Monday morning! The staff is always very helpful when setting up for the music therapy group session, and they consistently have a "full house" gathered for our hour together. It is a caring, relaxed atmosphere at LVA, and the residents are treated and loved like one, big family.

LSS Lutheran Village of Ashland, an assisted living community, is a part of Lutheran Social Services, and is a leader in care and services for today’s older adults.

Our continuum of care model embraces all lifestyles and levels of care, allowing our residents to enjoy maximum autonomy and independence in the most home-like setting possible.

Check us out today and see why we say… there is really something special for everyone at Lutheran Village of Ashland.