Brookdale Medina South - Medina, OH

Brookdale Medina South - Medina, OH has yet not published prices.

cost issues

My biggest concern was the sales agent told us that the first year the monthly fee is locked in, but after that they could raise the cost as many times and whenever they wanted. My parents are on a fixed income, they would end up being thrown out into the street.

Dad is settling in

My dad is in the memory care and the staff there have been great in working with him and his move there. They try to keep him busy, he's not much on joining in but he does like going to the dining room and he even likes the food. Dad likes his room and the community is very nice. There's a nice court yard they can take my dad out to when he wants to go which is nice. I would recommend the community and the care they give.l

We were impressed with this community. Very home-like atmosphere. Both the staff and the residents were friendly and seemed happy to be there. Very
clean - no bad smells. Lots of activities offered.

Comfort For My Father!!

The community gives you a family feeling when you are in there. The meals have a good taste to them. My father is comfortable the staff is friendly and have good communication with him and the family. I would recommend the community because i feel he is safe and the amenities they offer are good.

Toured

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and welcoming. We ended up selecting another community due to the location being more convenient, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Nice place

Overall our experience with Brookdale Medina has been a good one. It's a nice looking place, and the staff seems friendly and professional. Really the only complaint I have is that there were a few things they offered us during the sales process that haven't been delivered on, but nothing major. It's a nice place, overall.

We are thrilled

We are thrilled with Emeritus at Medina and our mother is very happy. Things are going very well and I would highly recommend them. Great staff, nice clean place, etc.

emeritus of medina A plus

Wonderful community. Very positive all around.Thankful for the guidance of others in finding this place my Mother now happily calls home.

Very nice looking community!

We toured this location when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. We toured another Emeritus facility as well, and we thought they were both beautiful and extremely well run. However, and it may have just been the day we visited, the residents here didn't seem as welcoming as the other community. But otherwise everything here seemed very nice!

Very nice staff. Very open ...

Very nice staff. Very open and bright.

Clean, nice presentation an...

Clean, nice presentation and follow-up with reasonable pricing. Residents looked happy and well cared for in the dining hall.

like home

More like a home setting then an institutional setting. Great warm and comfortable feel to the place I noticed on my first visit when I was shopping for a place for my Dad. The staff is very professional and kind. Now it is all first name basis for him which helps him feel welcomed and well cared for. It is clean and safe which is a big concern when placing a loved one.

Why I chose to rate this facility one star

My husband was in this facility one day when I received the call from them that they could not handle his behavior. He was sent to the local hospital - they did not have a physc ward so they transferred him to another hospital. After 12 days he returned to the facility for another 4 days. When I once again received a call that they could not handle his behavior! Hello - this was in a memory care unit!!! To top it off when he returned to the facility he did not have his eye glasses and his Seiko watch. No one is taking responsibility for his lost items.

Fourth place I visited. Lik...

Fourth place I visited. Liked the one-floor plan and the enclosed patios. The residents were quite friendly and lively. Met one dog along the way. The rooms were very nice. All amenities I'd think Dad would like. Residents and staff were very friendly. Christine encouraged me to bring Dad in so he could see, eat, and talk with residents. Again, I like the age-in-place philosophy. Trips to Akron for doctor seemed doable. Information for getting VA assistance was available.

Nice place. Director was helpful and...

Nice place. Director was helpful and very nice. Large, clean, odorless but not what my mother would feel comfortable in.

living at an Emeritus Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Emeritus family. Through special
delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.