The Waterford at Mansfield - Mansfield, OH

Do Your Research

If a review was posted prior to 2015 it stands true. The Waterford WAS a wonderful and well respected facility. However when the executive director changed hands this place went to hell. Everything “Horrible Place” posted is true from the D.O.N. to the horrible food to the unfriendly staff - night shift receptionist must have found the only job she can hold that does not require her to interact with the public. Please, if you are reading this because you are considering having your loved one live there DON’T BE FOOLED! The Executive
Director puts on quite a facade when you come in to tour, going as far as making her staff jump through hoops to impress you. Once she has spun her web everything returns back to the pathetic standards, underpaid-overworked and micromanaged staff, poor nutrition, lack of social activities and many cost cuts. How sad that they can’t even afford ketchup! A watered down cup of tomato juice will be brought out upon request for your hamburger. Be sure to be on your toes with the D.O.N. Keep good records on your end because they will go to great lengths to raise the level of care even if it is not medically needed. Should you choose this facility, keep a very close eye on your loved one. I hate to say it but they will deteriorate at the Waterford.

WOW! Was my first impression....

As I stepped into the Waterford I was greeted by a spacious, airy lobby and a friendly receptionist. As I toured the facility, I was amazed by the variety of activities and the cleanliness of the facility. The food was delicious, fresh and homemade. The fresh baked bread was definitely a highlight of the resident's meal. The apartments were nice with lots of storage. The staff was caring and attune to the residents as they were caring for them.
I would absolutely choose this facility for my parents

Very Pleased!

My mother has lived at The Waterford for 2 1/2 years and we could not be more pleased. When it became apparent that it was time to move Mom from her home of 50+ years making the decision on an assisted living was one of the most difficult of our lives. The staff of The Waterford made everything about this transition so smooth and pleasant for Mom and us kids. Questions and concerns are addressed and resolved promptly and professionally. I truly see every day that the staff care for the residents as if caring for their own family.

Highly Recommend The Waterford for Senior Care!

The most caring and competent staff! Such an active and vibrant community!

Done expect anything near what you pay for

They can't keep nursing staff because the DON (Director of Nursing) who is only a LPN is full of herself. She's rude and hateful. She drinks and partys and rumor has it, she had a bottle of liquor in her office. [Removed]. Her name is [Removed]. She needs to go. She's ruining the place and Waterford keeps her cause they want the cheapest labor they can get.
If nursing makes a mistake on passing out meds they blame the resident, if they lose laundry (which constantly happens) that's the residents fault too. If the resident is ill and food is delivered to their room, it's cold. One thing after another. The nursing staff never takes any blame. It's always the residents fault.
The place is a hot mess. I wouldn't put a "hated" family member in there.
They get away with having a director of nursing being only an LPN because it's private pay. You don't even have to be certified to be a nurse aid there. And they're NOT certified. So desperate for help they hire on the spot. Then the new employee gets a dose of the D.O.N. and they quit. It's a revolving door.
They place is full of ROTTENESS! Employees are quitting like no tomorrow.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. AT ALL. The place is super expensive and you will NOT get what you're​ paying for.
There are many other places to choose from. Please make sure your loved one goes into a facility that the nursing staff will take the blame when it's their fault and still give the proper care.
Believe me, I know. I'm still considering suing them. And probably will.

Horrible place!

My mother has lived here nine years as an independent. Once she needed assisted living care two weeks ago I have seen enough to move her immediately! Disrespectful and rude. It's terrible how they were speaking to her. No dietitian, food is terrible! Keep looking, don't put a loved one here?

Lovely high rise. Great lunch. Alternative menu. Scrumptous saladbar. Within budget if VA assissted. Plan B. Took in-depth tour July 9 2016 Passed all the ck pts

Great place

My 90 year old mother has been there since April and I couldn't be more pleased. The medical staff and aids are excellent.

WE TOUREDS THIS PLACE, VERY PRETTY BUT TOO BIG & BUSY FOR OUR MOTHER & HER NEEDS. SEEMED TO PUSH THE SOCIAL ASPECTS MORE THEN THE MEDICAL ONES. PROBABLY A GREAT PLACE FOR SENIOR LIVING BUT DID NOT FEEL IT FIT OUR MOTHER'S NEEDS FOR ASSISTED LIVING. WITH THAT SAID WE TOURED EIGHT PLACES AND THIS WAS OUR SECOND CHOICE.

An Excellent Place

The Waterford is a beautiful place. Excellent staff to make your love one feel at home.

Fabulous place

My Mom was able to live at Waterford for about a year. I have nothing but good things to say about Waterford. The dining room staff are exceptional. Jane was an absolute favorite of my Mom. They always took time to get food items for my Mom to eat that they knew she liked. Food was not very good for about two months there but then they brought on a Chef and from there on out it was excellent. Front desk staff extremely helpful and in my opinion went over and above to answer any questions. Have to give a shout out to the maintenance man there also. He always took the time out to talk to my Mom and was always a happy smiley person. Apartments are nice sized.

Mom stayed there for 5 days...

Mom stayed there for 5 days before we made our decision. Kathleen kept us up to date on vacancies, and everything fell in to place exactly right. The staff is so helpful as we are 5 hours away. Mom moved in near our daughter, and we will be heading there soon also. Mom could bring her pup (which was a very strong criteria for her) and in bad weather one of the staff will take 'Suzie' out for her. So far, we are quite pleased with the Waterfor

They love it. They really like the fo...

They love it. They really like the food. Everybody is really nice. They have their own full size kitchen. They can keep their own car there, and are allowed small pets. They have quite a few different people cleaning the rooms. The person who cleans their room has been caught just sitting and talking, their room isn't always as clean as some others, but they won't say anything so I don't think the community knows.

Enjoy the quiet, muted tones of solitude in your spacious apartment, knowing friends and an attentive staff are close by. When you're ready, join in on the exciting, vibrant tones of the camaraderie of your community. You'll always have a wealth of things to do right at your fingertips keeping you as active as you want to be.

The Waterford proudly presents a staff of experienced, detail-oriented professionals at your service. From our executive director to our culinary chef, to our housekeepers and wait staff, you'll find warm and friendly people truly concerned about you.

The Waterford was created to provide chore-free living in an elegantly appointed, yet affordable environment. From the thoughtfully designed floorplans, to the world-class service and the myriad of recreational opportunities, you may just find that we've thought of everything. And if by chance you find a detail that we've overlooked… we always welcome resident involvement and feedback. We're proud of our high rate of resident satisfaction.

The Waterford offers you flexibility and options so you can paint your days with the colors of life.