Loris Extended Care Ctr - Loris, SC has yet not published prices.

Mom (age 92) lives here Nov.2012-April 2013

We had to wait for 6 weeks to get into this facility after the decision was made that the Assisted Living facility Mom was at could no longer provide for her needs suddenly, but the wait was worth it.
My mother has living here for the last 6 months and I had always heard good things about this facility, but now I can attest to their truth. No facility is perfect, but out of the 4 places Mom has lived at in the past 2 years in Horry County, this is by far the best.
Mom had to come here after fracturing both shoulders and a knee in a fall at her previous Assisted Living facility. She has expressive aphasia from a stroke and dementia/Alzheimer's.
The increased level of care and concern on the part of the staff and doctors was pleasantly received by my mother and us. They really try their best, even though Mom cannot communicate with them most of the time. They anticipate her needs. They keep her clean, teeth brushed, hair brushed, nails cut. It's the little things that make the difference at this point.
The food is excellent - best of the 4 facilities. Activities are not so great, but most residents cannot participate anyway, so I guess they don't spend a lot of time considering the stimulation needs of those less fortunate souls. My husband goes daily to hang out with Mom, which helps her a lot and he has made some of the other resident's happier just by playing his music for anyone that will listen. They have started to seek him out!
Most of the staff is quite competent and caring. Management seems slow to address some problems, but they do have a quarterly meeting with representatives from staff and the family which is good.
Overall, we are pleased with this facility and I would recommend it highly.