The Palms of Mount Pleasant - Mount Pleasant, SC

I am a low vision occupational therapist that occasionally serves residents at the Palms for the past 16 years. The Palms is well established in the community providing seniors with the ability to remain active, social and independent as possible. I would recommend the Palms to anyone wanting to transition from their home into this Senior living community.

My parents are thrilled to be living here!

My parents moved into independent living a few months ago and have already made new friends. They love going to happy hour, playing bridge, water aerobics and being entertained at all the fabulous parties every week. They seem to be years younger than they were living in their old house. Sunday brunch is amazing! So happy they moved to the Palms of Mount Pleasant.

My Mother Is Doing Well Here

Everything has worked out very well for my mother here at this community. My mother is doing very well here. The community looks great, it very well maintained. There are nice activities offered. She is pleased with the meals. Overall I'am comfortable with the care they are providing her with. I would recommend this community.

Toured

Alright, but needs some improvement

Both my parents are living there; my dad had a stroke recently and can't speak. I keep asking them to make sure he has a buddy to someone to take him to the activities and it doesn't seem to be happening. The staff is always nice though, they try and make things right.

Wonderful

Great staff. Very helpful and understanding of the needs of my parents and I.

Friendly, welcoming community

Overall we are very pleased with how things have turned out with The Palms of Mount Pleasant. The people who work here are fantastic, and they were a huge help throughout the whole process. They really made the transition and intake process smooth and stress free. The other residents have also been very friendly and welcoming to my loved one.

Excellent memory care!

My loved one is doing very well here! It is a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff are friendly and caring. The memory care unit here is very compact and focused, so she is getting the one on one care and attention that she needs. She seems to be doing much better here, and seems happier overall!

Nice place, and very friendly staff!

We're very pleased with The Palms of Mount Pleasant. We had a little rough patch initially, they promised to have a one bedroom open for Mom, and that ended up not being the case. They really bent over backwards to make up for it though, and she is first in line for the next one available, so that wasn't too big a concern. They really do a great job here overall, though! Mom is very happy here, and we're very happy to have her somewhere that she will be comfortable and safe!

Lovely SouthernBelle-

We had done some traveling to a few other continuing care facilities and a lot of internet research for nearly a year before we decided on The Palms.
We would not go for a large "buy in" so that made our search easier. We wanted to be near family if possible but most of our family was in or near places that are among the most costly in the country. Although we didn't expect the cost in an area to affect us on a day to day basis, we did see that cost reflected in monthly costs at facilities we checked.
We wanted favorable climate (not north of the Mason Dixon) and a place within reach of cultural activities, colleges, beaches (even though we don't use them THAT much) , etc.
It was almost a no brainer - Charleston, SC met our requirements. We have some family here and this area is very much in demand as a place to visit.
There are quite a few facilities in or near here and we visited some. Prices were not greatly variable so that was almost a non factor.
We chose The Palms because of the spirit we found here - staff and residents alike. We were much more comfortable and although Palms is a little older than some others, it has been characterized as an aging Southern belle - still lots going for it.
We've not been disappointed in our choice at all. There is much within 10 minutes walking distance, though we don't feel that urban. Food has far exceeded our expectations - we found many delicious entrees served well in a dining room that is quite well kept.
Activities, both within and outside The Palms, are many and varied. We've been to concerts both in Charleston and here in Mt Pleasant. Shopping in plentiful and varied in price and style. Everyone has different needs but for us, Palms meets them.

The right choice

Welcoming, caring and attentive, the staff and other residents bent over backwards to make the transition easy for our 93 year old parents. We looked at several facilities but the Palms was the right choice. We particularly liked that all apartments and activities were under one roof, so there was no need to navigate sidewalks and roads to get around

Didn't leave a lasting impression on me

This would have been my third choice. I saw peopel slumped over in wheelchairs, but I saw that in all of them. You're going to see that in Alzheimer's facilities because that's just how it is and the time of day you go is really going to change what you see. I went later on in the day so people were a little slower, but it was expected.
This was very clean. The palms has got 3 levels, they have assisted living, memeory care and skilled nursing all in one facility, which is kinda nice. I kinda walked into the assisted living part and they took me to the memory care facility, but its a very nice place, I just don't think it left a lasting impression on me.

Independant and assisted...

Independant and Assisted Living. First rate large facility Beautiful courtyard with awesome trees and a pond for fishing. Location is approximately 20 miles from house. Staff extremely friendly. Same basic service as the others. Cable, telephone and internet are not part of the fee. All transportation provided. Assisted living is on first floor and Independent on 2nd and 3rd floor.There also small 2BR villas on the pond and they are very nice. There are 1 and 2 BR apartments for independent living and the assisted living rooms are laid out just like the apartments. There is no buy in and just a $550.00 aplication fee...no deposit. 1BR apartment [removed] $2750.00 1BR apartment $3425.00 2BR apartment $3425.00 2BR apartment $3875.00 Assisted Living Rates Studio $3525.00 1BR $4050.00 1BR/patio $4275.00 1BR Large/patio $4800.00 2BR/patio $4800.00 PLUS levels of care Lvl 1 $300.00 Lvl 2 $600.00 Lvl 3 $900.00 Lvl 4 $1200.00 Independent living BR villa $3775.00 There is a special going on now for the villas for 2995.00 which is an awesome deal. She is not sure how long it will run. In addition they have two complimentary guest rooms if Dad would like to stay overnight and experience the meals and activites etc.

We were given a great tour of the fac...

We were given a great tour of the facility and grounds. We had a very elegant dining experience. We were served dinner and had a chance to dine with some of the residents and speak with some of the Staff. My Dad was quite impressed with this facility. We liked the fact that this Facility has Independent living, Assisted living and Long-term Care Units. This facility better suits our needs for Long-term Care planning. We like the fact that our dad will not have to be transfered to another facility if/when he becomes unable to care for himself.