Livewell at Coral Plaza - Margate, FL

I regret placing my mother there

Horrible place! Staff is unqualified and uncaring. Do not place your loved one here. They will receive zero attention!

DANGEROUS FACILITY!!

DANGEROUS FACILITY!! My 91-year-old mother who has Alzheimers lived there for about a month. She received a BLACK EYE there one day before 3:00 PM according to 2 of the aides. When I arrived there about 7:30 that evening, she still received NO MEDICAL ATTENTION & they didn't even call me - completely IGNORED IT! I called the police & took her to the hospital. They said that she could have had internal bleeding. Also, that she didn't fall down as there were no other bruises on her body - that it looked like someone had punched her in the eye. The next day her eye blew up like someone stuck a tomato on it.
This facility displayed absolutely not one shred of caring about my mother. My mother was in a special dining room for people who needed assistance eating. Twice I walked in there when she was sitting all alone, far away from the table, hunched over, trying to reach her food to eat. It was a pitiful sight. They would send different aides to her room all of the time who didn't know anything about her or where her things where kept, etc. I told them & the administrators several times where her towels were kept in her closet, yet they never used them & insisted on using their own dirty rags on her. One of the aids even put her into bed to sleep with her shoes & eyeglasses on! They pulled her knee high stockings up high which caused a red mark around her legs restricting her circulation, instead of folding them down like I told them to over & over again (you really have to keep telling trained healthcare workers this??). I complained to the administrator several times, but it fell on deaf ears, just as all of my other complaints did. Her bathroom floor was filthy. Many times they didn't even put her hearing aids or eyeglasses on her - they were too lazy & inefficient, & when they did, they didn't even to check to see if they were working, & many times the battery was dead. One day I picked her up to take her to her great-grandson's musical recital - they sent her out without her eyeglasses & her hearing aids - they could care less if their residents could see or hear. They CUT ALL OF HER HAIR OFF when she first moved in there without my permission so she had a short man's haircut. They pulled clothes out of her closet & threw them on her completely mismatched - again, absolutely NO CARING!! She looked like a holocaust victim when she left there. I could go on & on. I only wish I could post photos on here for everyone to see how my mother was abused there & what she looked like before she went in & what she looked like when she came out. Just frightening the way they treat their residents.

Live Well is a great place for Mom!

Live Well is a very clean, friendly place for my Mom to live. At first she was not happy, but that was not because of the place. She just felt she was not ready to be in assisted living. After being with me for 3 weeks at my home, I realized I could not continue to be her 24/7 care giver. I also knew she could no longer be at her home alone. Since she has 2 cats and they have been allowed to be there, she has come to love it there. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Mom is back to taking some pride in her appearance again. Had slacked off living alone. She is much more social and has meet new friends and is starting to participate is some of the activities. Over all I am thrilled with the place. I visit almost everyday.

Maggie and entire staff won...

Maggie and entire staff wonderful. Family described this place as THE BEST PLACE and I understand why. Clean, smelled like oranges. AHCA book right up front when you walked in. Spacious, inviting, owned by an Israeli. Mezuzahs everywhere. Would have been my favorite place if not for the dorm style living (no kitchen/kitchenette in the rooms).

Very nice place

Unfortunately my loved one was only here a short time, but I thought they did an excellent job during her stay. The staff were all very friendly and professional, and the facility itself was nice looking and clean. They did a really excellent job keeping me updated and remaining in contact. Several of the administrators were more than happy to give out their personal cell phone numbers and always responded quickly!

Visited and took tour. No r...

Visited and took tour. No room available now. They took our information and we should get in touch with them when paperwork is approved.

Really great care

I have nothing bad to say about them! They really do an amazing job, and my Mom seems very happy here. They're very compassionate and loving towards the residents, and it makes me happy to see them talking to and hugging Mom. The memory care they provide is excellent, and it removes a lot of stress from my life knowing that she is happy and being looked after.